Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electric Riding Zero Turn Mowers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s a lot of money for Ryobi. Heck. Their top tier model is even more expensive than my Cub Cadet!

That said, the way they’re doing the batteries is interesting. I have a bunch of their 40v lawn equipment, so that aspect of it is nice.

I’ll be interested to see how well they work in the real world, and how well they hold up.

That’s a lot of money for Ryobi. Heck. Their top tier model is even more expensive than my Cub Cadet!

That said, the way they’re doing the batteries is interesting. I have a bunch of their 40v lawn equipment, so that aspect of it is nice.

I’ll be interested to see how well they work in the real world, and how well they hold up.
Right. Definitely an entry level brand, as compared to Club and EGO.

Looking at the EGO walk-behinds, I need something to keep me moving. Same quality as the riding mowers?
I have the one below the top tier LM2135SP walk-behind, bought it by necessity when my Kubota blew the drive belts in rapid succession.
Love it, I did one acre in 4h sloped without self propel with two 10Ah batteries. The only gripe I have is that the self propel gear kicks in sometimes unexpectedly slowing me down, as I prefer the full workout. Never use the mulching attachment, turns it into a PITA jammer, esp if grass wet.
Also, after running through the lawn with my Kubota in 20min, it is nice to give it that perfect finish with the electric.

Tempted to get rid of the Kubota as I am entrenched into the Ego ecosystem, their tools make tree trimming, driveway edging, string trimming, and
blowing off a real easy job. On the Kubota I wear industrial grade ear muffs over 3M ear plugs, while with the Egos plugs are sufficient.

These things look awesome, I even tried an EGO one and was impressed, but the cost is still too high for my application IMO. I’ve got 3/4 acres that I can do in 2 hours with my Kobalt 80V push mower or my buddy will do for $60 with his landscaping business… Hard to justify $5000+ but when the prices come down I’ll be all over it.

Maybe someone needs to tweet Elon about making the Tesla mower. Tesla batteries and the ability to charge it on my wall charger would be sweet.

• Funny
Reactions: bhzmark
Yea, I’m still really enjoying my Cub Cadet Lithium zero turn. Even on my huge lawn, I never even worry about running out of power.

As a matter of a fact, I charge the Cub Cadet the same way I charge my Teslas: I only charge it up to 80% to protect the batteries. I don’t need the extra 20%.

I’m planning on getting the bagger this spring. Anyone with experience using it on wet grass. I’m in the NW and wet grass is just the way it is In the spring. I did buy some Slipplate to coat my steel deck. Lawn & Golf maintenance | SLIP Plate Only need 1 qt. I love this mower! Just need it to warm up enough to put it on.
@Cal1 I have a brand new Z6 bagger, opened, but never used or installed - If you are interested, as I will likely not use it. I’m in Renton. If interested, DM me a proposal.

Last edited:
No, not under $5000. Heck, my Ego 42” was $5450. Ego is coming out with a 52” in March, for $6900
I just purchased the Ego 42” zero turn with a yolk steering wheel instead of the 2 joysticks. It came with an extra set of “bagging blades”. Do I really have to switch out the blades in order to use the bagger or can I get away with using the standard blades it came equipped with? There’s still snow on the ground here north of Boston so other than driving it up and down the driveway I don’t have any experience mowing with it.

I just purchased the Ego 42” zero turn with a yolk steering wheel instead of the 2 joysticks. It came with an extra set of “bagging blades”. Do I really have to switch out the blades in order to use the bagger or can I get away with using the standard blades it came equipped with? There’s still snow on the ground here north of Boston so other than driving it up and down the driveway I don’t have any experience mowing with it.
You need the high lift blades for the bagger - especially if the grass is damp or wet in ANY way.

Reactions: Cal1
In 2020 my EGO push mower came with mulching blades and a rear bag. I had clogging problems with both wet grass and high grass using the bag. NOWHERE did the owners manual say that you needed the high lift blades to bag. Had it explained to me by an EGO cust service rep. Worked pretty good with high lift bagging blades in both wet and long. Seems like now they are shipping the correct blades.

I agree it's not that big a deal to take the deck off and replace the blades.

Reactions: BeeBee
Scroll down here specs and reviews at end. Things are evolving after Ego introduced the steering wheel in ZTRs.

RYRM8034​

75883ecb5f6247a4813629749a5f1d65.jpg