Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electric Riding Zero Turn Mowers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wish the price would come down on these.

All things considered these are cheaper than gas mowers now. For me the extra cost of ICE mowers is not just the fuel but also the time and noise. I fired my landscaping service that used gasmowers and annoyed me with their gas mower, blower and trimmer noise every week. replaced it with full EGO battery powered mower/blower/trimmer equipment and hired a local guy to use my equipment to mow and blow etc. I can no longer hear the mowing noise inside the house, and the total cash outlay is less over time, although I would pay more for the peace and quiet.

gas lawn equipment causes massive noise pollution, especially on weekends in many neighborhoods.

All things considered these are cheaper than gas mowers now. For me the extra cost of ICE mowers is not just the fuel but also the time and noise. I fired my landscaping service that used gasmowers and annoyed me with their gas mower, blower and trimmer noise every week. replaced it with full EGO battery powered mower/blower/trimmer equipment and hired a local guy to use my equipment to mow and blow etc. I can no longer hear the mowing noise inside the house, and the total cash outlay is less over time, although I would pay more for the peace and quiet.

gas lawn equipment causes massive noise pollution, especially on weekends in many neighborhoods.
I do not miss having to go out to get gas, for these or the cars!

Reactions: cusetownusa

Electric riding mowers seem to cost $2k more than gas riding mowers.
But, if you factor in the cost of a property that needs a riding mower, I guess that's not that much. :p

I wish the price would come down on these. I have 1 1/2 acers I have some areas that get standing water and another area on the eastside of my Garage that can get muddy that need to be mowed. Hoping my next riding Mower is electric. Bought my current Mower a year ago.

They only sell it in an $9000 package bundled with less desirable products. This reminds of back in communism where we had to buy a bottle of Havana Club to be able to buy Austrian chocolate LMFAO.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
Appreciate your feedback and sharing on this EV mower. Will definitely have a look. Thanks.
I have had the Ego Z6 for a year and a half and love it. Paid $4500, at the time. Purchased two new extra 10Ah batteries from Marketplace for cheap and loaded up the whole battery bay (6x10Ah). Does my 1.5 acre property with ease!

Yea, I’d say that having an EV mower is extremely convenient across the board. You’ll certainly save money in the long run.
Feels nice not buying gas anymore.
And so quiet, compared to a polluting gas mower. I can mow at midnight as it’s quiet and has 360 degree lights! Woot!

Picture from a Reddit user... Bitchin'

Screenshot 2023-06-29 at 6.48.31 AM.png

I have had a Mean Green Nemesis for the last 4 years. Absolutely outstanding product and made in Ohio.

I hadn't looked at their product lines in a while but it's looking like they are leaning more towards the commercial side now. But my "residential" model can mow my 2 acres on a single charge, even 4 years later. So if you have a larger yard I would give them a look.

Plus with the solar canopy, it qualifies for the 30% federal tax credit on the cost of the canopy and batteries, and it keeps you shaded while mowing!

View attachment 761362

18k they quoted me just now calling back after my online inquiry for the residential version, super nice guy would have delivered it to me at home, but OMG I paid that much for my teen's new mini-SUV. He said they are making a killing with their commercial partners and residential has become niche, can't blame them, for a smaller co. they have to do this to survive. I am watching this industry grow, now that Ryobi introduced the joystick 52" manufactured deck version the others will catch up soon.

Last edited:
18k they quoted me just now calling back after my online inquiry for the residential version, super nice guy would have delivered it to me at home, but OMG I paid that much for my teen's new mini-SUV. He said they are making a killing with their commercial partners and residential has become niche, can't blame them, for a smaller co. they have to do this to survive. I am watching this industry grow, now that Ryobi introduced the joystick 52" manufactured deck version the others will catch up soon.
When they retooled their website and only mentioned Commercial applications I was afraid they would only be selling the high end models. I paid $11k for mine back in 2017 then received the 30% tax credit on most of that amount. The market has really grown which is great. That Ryobi looks nice. I expect the Mean Green to carry on for a while but glad to see there are affordable options out there.

Did it! Ego 52" $5999 minus the whole one grand for my 25yo Kubota RWD garden tractor. Dealer/service will assemble and bring to me. Now have to wait!
I had my last farewell smoker mow tonight, inhaled the fumes and scared the neighbor pets, and thanked the machine for faithfully serving me through summers and winters, thank you Big Oil for getting rid of the snow for us.

Last edited:
You’ll certainly save money in the long run.

It's hard to believe this looking at the numbers. I have an electric push mower, and it's definitely a vastly better experience mowing the lawn than my previous gas mower... but these zero-turn electrics are a few thousand more than their gas equivalents, and the batteries are super expensive.

The electricity has a cost too. It seems like by the time the gas savings pays off the added upfront expense, one might be ready to replace the batteries. Am I wrong?

Also, commercial usage also seems difficult - one would need a few thousand dollars in spare batteries to get through a day's work of mowing... not to mention the repercussions of someone forgetting to charge a battery or one of the batteries dying.

I'm very pro-electrification in all the areas, just I'm having a hard time seeing how commercial mowing works electrified. Well... I can see how it would work, it's just one of the few areas where it seems like it will be much worse. Driving an EV is a joy and better in all ways (even road trips IMO), but commercial mowing seems like it will suffer big time from electrification.

Not meaning to sound argumentative or derail this thread, but I'd love to be wrong about this. If anyone's willing to educate me I'd be grateful.

Reactions: buckets0fun