Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electric Riding Zero Turn Mowers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jebinc

Jun 19, 2019
Seattle area
Okay, who has one or plans to get one, before mowing season kicks off? Which one do you have/plan to get? Why did you pick the one you did? What else would you like to share about it?

I just took delivery of an Ego Z6 HP-22HP zero turn mower (56v) today. This one is like a Tesla lawn mower, complete with UI, HPWC, “Sport” and “Comfort” mode/steering - and a speed demon at 8mph! Love the hot swappable packs that can also be used in all Ego power tools.

Love it!

I bought this model in the fall. Cub Cadet 30 in. 56-Volt MAX 30 Ah Battery Lithium-Ion Electric Drive Cordless Riding Lawn Tractor with Mulch Kit Included CC30E - The Home Depot

I had to go with a 30" because my property is fenced in and my gate opening wouldn't fit at 42" mower, but I also don't have a super gigantic yard so this is more than enough to make my life much easier anyways.

It is an absolute blast to drive and mow now. I am loving the electric mower life, no maintenance really on it. It is fast and can make some crazy turns. I literally felt like I was 10 years old riding my first riding lawn mower again having a blast!

I really like the Li-ion battery in this one, and charges up quickly, and does a great job!

• Love
Reactions: jebinc
I bought this model in the fall. Cub Cadet 30 in. 56-Volt MAX 30 Ah Battery Lithium-Ion Electric Drive Cordless Riding Lawn Tractor with Mulch Kit Included CC30E - The Home Depot

I had to go with a 30" because my property is fenced in and my gate opening wouldn't fit at 42" mower, but I also don't have a super gigantic yard so this is more than enough to make my life much easier anyways.

It is an absolute blast to drive and mow now. I am loving the electric mower life, no maintenance really on it. It is fast and can make some crazy turns. I literally felt like I was 10 years old riding my first riding lawn mower again having a blast!

I really like the Li-ion battery in this one, and charges up quickly, and does a great job!
Nice! How long does the battery last; or how
Much grass can you cut on a single charge? 1/4 acre?

Okay, who has one or plans to get one, before mowing season kicks off? Which one do you have/plan to get? Why did you pick the one you did? What else would you like to share about it?

I just took delivery of an Ego Z6 HP-22HP zero turn mower (56v) today. This one is like a Tesla lawn mower, complete with UI, HPWC, “Sport” and “Comfort” mode/steering - and a speed demon at 8mph! Love the hot swappable packs that can also be used in all Ego power tools.

Love it!

Where are the photos? Are you going to get it ceramic coated or get PPF? Mud flaps?

I have had a Mean Green Nemesis for the last 4 years. Absolutely outstanding product and made in Ohio.

I hadn't looked at their product lines in a while but it's looking like they are leaning more towards the commercial side now. But my "residential" model can mow my 2 acres on a single charge, even 4 years later. So if you have a larger yard I would give them a look.

Plus with the solar canopy, it qualifies for the 30% federal tax credit on the cost of the canopy and batteries, and it keeps you shaded while mowing!

NXR-48 pic 1.jpg

NXR-48 pic 2.jpg

Love it!

How did you find one? I've been looking for the past two years. No one in the Portland Or area has one. I special ordered thru Lowes in Portland and got nothing. They never got any in.

Nice! How long does the battery last; or how
Much grass can you cut on a single charge? 1/4 acre?
I believe they outline 2 acres on a single charge. I have about 1/2 an acre or maybe a bit more and I will have about 70% charge remaining afterward the cut. I didn't get a chance to use it a ton last year as I got it late into the season, but it made quick work of the ridiculous number of leaves that dropped in my yard.

I just took delivery of a Cub Cadet ZT1 electric zero turn last week. Cub Cadet ZT1 42e Zero Turn

I am really impressed with its build quality, and the warranty is top notch. 3 years on the mower itself, and 4 years on the battery.

Haven't had the ability to mow any grass with it here in Michigan, but I did have a blast driving it through the snow and doing doughnuts in the backyard!! :)

I have had a Mean Green Nemesis for the last 4 years. Absolutely outstanding product and made in Ohio.

I hadn't looked at their product lines in a while but it's looking like they are leaning more towards the commercial side now. But my "residential" model can mow my 2 acres on a single charge, even 4 years later. So if you have a larger yard I would give them a look.

Plus with the solar canopy, it qualifies for the 30% federal tax credit on the cost of the canopy and batteries, and it keeps you shaded while mowing!

Wow. That looks like a really well built zero turn. Very impressive machine! What size are the batteries?
I love the fact that it's built in the US (my Cub Cadet is too). Have you had any problems with it at all?

What is your real world impression of the solar canopy? I've never seen anything like that before. I wouldn't think it would add much to the runtime during use, but could charge the batteries if just parked outdoors in the sun.

Last edited:

View attachment 761362

View attachment 761363
That is a really nice one! How much?

Wow. That looks like a really well built zero turn. Very impressive machine! What size are the batteries?
I love the fact that it's built in the US (my Cub Cadet is too). Have you had any problems with it at all?

What is your real world impression of the solar canopy? I've never seen anything like that before. I wouldn't think it would add much to the runtime during use, but could charge the batteries if just parked outdoors in the sun.
I did have a motor go bad after 3 years. More precisely, a bearing went out. Since the bearing is sealed inside the motor I had to replace the whole motor (there are 3, one for each blade). $231 shipped. I also rubbed up against a post wrapped in barbed wire and slashed the sidewall of a tire but that's not the mower's fault. I've put one new set of blades on it after sharpening the first set 3-4 times. I have a ton of sticks plus a gravel driveway. One nice feature is you can set high or low blade speed. Low works great when going over gravel as it decreases the suction form the blades.

My model had 2 battery options. The standard battery was labelled as 4880 which I think is 48V/80Ah and 48140 which would be 48V/140Ah. They said the small battery was good for 3 acres and the large for 5. I have the standard/smaller battery and it can cut 2 acres of grass (not a 2 acre lot) without running out.

I have always used the canopy so can't compare with and without. The company claims an extra 20 minutes of runtime. They also sell an extra panel that you can mount outside and plug into the mower in your shop/shed and charge it for free during the week while your grass is growing. It uses a standard solar panel that can be purchased online so you can DIY your own but I never did. I bought it because it gave me a significant discount on the mower by enabling the 30% tax credit plus the shade is nice to have.

That is a really nice one! How much?
I paid $11k for mine back in 2017. Sadly, it looks like they only make 2 larger mowers aimed at the commercial market now. They don't list prices for those on their website.

Reactions: jebinc
I bought a Ryobi non zero turn for my parents who have about 2/3 an acre to mow on a couple slopes. It works great and my Dad has a blast. Obviously zero turn and Lithium battery would be better but I got a good deal and it saved them from predatory landscapers for a while.

Mower is 30 inches and does the job with battery capacity to spare and gives a good mow.

Anyone not burning gas mowing and making a racket is a winner.