Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electric Riding Zero Turn Mowers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’d like to get the Ego z turn, snow blower, leaf blower. Possibly will replace my string trimmer as well. Currently I have an MX4260 Toro z turn with a Kawasaki engine and stamped deck. It is a semi commercial machine and is excellent at mowing and bagging. My Hitachi leaf blower is starting to fall apart. My Kawasaki professional string trimmer is an incredible trimmer. I use it for edging as it is so powerful it cuts into turf like butter. I also have a Honda push mower; again, a great machine. Finally, I have an Ariens snowblower with an 11 hp B&S engine.

All of this equipment runs perfectly and starts right up. But after driving a Tesla I’ve decided to go electric. Ego seems to be the best, especially with the various equipment available and interchangeable batteries. But, of course, you will pay for that.

Have considered Greenworks and Ryobi, and a couple others. But if using the same batteries all of the equipment must be good, not just one or two machines.

Decisions, decisions.

Reactions: jebinc
Did you guys see this announcement? Wonder if this is for a rebranded Ego mower? A collaboration on a compact tractor wouild be so good!

Just for clarity, yes the EGO brand owner _is_ called Chervon, not Chevron.

So, selling expensive electric products for the John Deere markup money. I'd hope people would steer clear. If you're going to buy Chinese products, at least make sure you're getting good value.

Just for clarity, yes the EGO brand owner _is_ called Chervon, not Chevron.

So, selling expensive electric products for the John Deere markup money. I'd hope people would steer clear. If you're going to buy Chinese products, at least make sure you're getting good value.

That's really funny... I totally read that as "Chevron"... when I saw your post I had to go double check.

I did find it interesting that Chevron, a company tied to oil, would be pushing electric mowers.

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
Voila! 70% power after mowing 1 acre, half of it slopes. I put it in learning mode with turtle speed, blades just below maximal. Learning to use a ZTR is so much fun. Of course at the end I raised the deck and put in sport mode, took off down the street, takeoff resulted in front wheels momentarily lifting, this beats any Diesel. Ear plugs only (plugs and muffs on my Kubota), feeling rested. Starts like my Tesla with the phone, updates software like it, and works hard without even breaking a sweat. Mowing uphill neighbor was watching me and commented how nothing changed, ie no extra noise, no slowing down, no decline in cutting performance. I can't wait until next week!!!

Added bumper with pipe insulation, sawed off half the chute (butane torched the edge for that finished look), removed arm rests, added seat cover. During mowing the "NACS" plug will be resting up high on a dual tool hook covered in protective tubing.
20230911_152454.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: jebinc and dcfas