Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electrician Brant County Ontario

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First Happy New Year and wishing all of you a blessed 2021.

I wasn’t sure where to post this request here.

Just moved out to rural part of Ontario called Brant and picked up a Tesla.

Called up one of the electricians on Tesla’s site and he was asking 2200-2400 for the Gen 3 charger and install.

Asked him the cost of just the Nema 14-50 with charger and he said $1700 or deduct the $650 without the charger.

Theses prices seem insane. I remember my dad installed one at his house in Mississauga and the breaker was atleast 8 meters away. 8 years back it was $1300 with $700 refund from the govt.

Is there a reason the prices are even more now.

Is there an electrician someone can recommend that services the area that’s affordable? I think I’ll just start with the Nema 14-50 for now.

First Happy New Year and wishing all of you a blessed 2021.

I wasn’t sure where to post this request here.

Just moved out to rural part of Ontario called Brant and picked up a Tesla.

Called up one of the electricians on Tesla’s site and he was asking 2200-2400 for the Gen 3 charger and install.

Asked him the cost of just the Nema 14-50 with charger and he said $1700 or deduct the $650 without the charger.

Theses prices seem insane. I remember my dad installed one at his house in Mississauga and the breaker was atleast 8 meters away. 8 years back it was $1300 with $700 refund from the govt.

Is there a reason the prices are even more now.

Is there an electrician someone can recommend that services the area that’s affordable? I think I’ll just start with the Nema 14-50 for now.
If they replied without seeing the installation, they are too busy, and priced it accordingly (high). Most of the trades are really busy right now, as Covid-19 has people working from home/getting upgrades and renovations. There should be severaloptions on the Tesla site for installers.

All installations are different. Pricing will vary with distance and difficulty of the install (do they have to dig? , Is there a 3 foot stone foundation, etc.). I used JML out of Oakville. It was close to $2500 for me, but I wanted a transfer switch/panel, and the HPWC was 60-70 feet away. They did a great job.

If not, call up Nedco, Westburne, Gerrie, or another wholesaler in Brantford, and ask them for some recommendations. They'll know who is doing EVSE installations locally

• Informative
Reactions: SilverGS
I called up another Electrician in the Kitchener area.

Apparently there is a new code requirement where either we need a permit or the Utility company to review and verify our peak use hours and if we need a new panel etc.

I didn't get a quote for $800 in best case scenario but he did say some parts are hard to come by for our Siemens panel.

I called up another Electrician in the Kitchener area.

Apparently there is a new code requirement where either we need a permit or the Utility company to review and verify our peak use hours and if we need a new panel etc.

I didn't get a quote for $800 in best case scenario but he did say some parts are hard to come by for our Siemens panel.
It must be a Blue Line panel....and yes the "BL" series breakers are expensive. The Blue Line series was from ITE, a company that Siemens bought. They discontinued the Blue Line series, but still offer replacement breakers. Standard Siemens "Q" series are not expensive.
Yes, a load calculation or 12 month consumption history is required. See this post/thread for more information: Adding a charger to my 100 amp panel

Last edited:
Reactions: Books