Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electrify America Complementary Session Check-in

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sure beats relying on the Chevy Bolt site for the same info

Checking in from Alameda CA

I also just did a trip where I touched ALL 75 EA chargers in the Bay Area and Sacramento and they were all (with limited exceptions) free to charge, apparently since the 7th of Sept. Logged all visits in PlugShare.

It will be smart to have this thread for future free events at EA as they often have unadvertised events like this one that Teslas can now avail themselves of faster with the CCS adapter

Reactions: PStewart
Is there a way to change the title?

DCFC Complementary Session Check-in​

To accommodate other providers.
I think it should stay focused on this provider. You're welcome to start ones for others.

Some providers are regional. Some aren't even for the right country (e.g. Electrify Canada free juice may not equal free EA juice). Some are always free: New Electric Vehicle Fast Chargers Now Available Along State Highways in Central California | Caltrans (and yes, I've used several listed there + Lodi Park & Ride | PlugShare).

Reactions: noobla3
Also keep in mind that the EA machine will not necessarily make any mention of free charging or anything.

The location I got a free charge from yesterday had a screen that appeared normal with indicators to check pricing and getting help, but started charging after plugging in with no other intervention on the machine or app. That same charger last week had something else on the screen, that I can’t remember exactly, that made mention of it undergoing some maintenance but still gave a free charge.

do you need an EA account to get a complementary session? I was signing up last night and don't love the idea of having to carry a balance since I don't plan to use EA when it's not free

Nope, when it is free you just plug in and it starts charging.
When we did this last night the EA charger said right on it before we plugged in "Complementary Session".

We just plugged in and it initiated and charged with no fussing about.

Reactions: cwerdna and systemr
You mean Homophone; homonym has the same spelling.
I didn't mean that, but I just double checked if there is any difference. I had always heard that those are the exact same thing. They are very close, so I did learn something new.

homophone "each of two or more words having the same pronunciation but different meanings, origins, or spelling, for example new and knew."

homonym "each of two or more words having the same spelling or pronunciation but different meanings and origins."

So same pronunciation, like this, could be either one. But then same spelling is only the homonym one--interesting.

Reactions: Big Ike
I didn't mean that, but I just double checked if there is any difference. I had always heard that those are the exact same thing. They are very close, so I did learn something new.

homophone "each of two or more words having the same pronunciation but different meanings, origins, or spelling, for example new and knew."

homonym "each of two or more words having the same spelling or pronunciation but different meanings and origins."

So same pronunciation, like this, could be either one. But then same spelling is only the homonym one--interesting.
I feel like Muphry's law is applying to this subthread. 🤣

I like OP clear format so I will follow:

Date
: Sep 26, 2022
Time: 2:30 PM
Site: Garden State Plaza Shopping Center
Complimentary Session all stalls

I used my new CCS adapter which had just arrived from Hanshow yesterday (yes, I know I paid more than Tesla is now charging) and it worked fine. I was talking to another Tesla owner there who had just received the CCS adapter from Tesla (ordered it Friday and arrived Monday) and his worked fine and was a free session as well.