Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electrofied Garage Equivalent in Seattle Area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Everyone,

I'm considering the purchase of a branded title M3 and I want to get my logistics of supporting that vehicle in place prior to the purchase. (Damage was cosmetic, but nonetheless branded the title). I've obviously seen the YouTube videos from Rick Rebuilds and his business venture. I'm hoping there is an equivalent business I can leverage in the Seattle area.

Just some quick background:

I currently drive a 2019 e-Golf SEL and it's lack of flexibility beyond a basic commuter vehicle has started to frustrate me. I'm looking for a daily driver with more flexibility and a bit more future proofing. Tesla has offered me a decent trade in value, but with my current budget I would be pretty much be limited to a special ordered Standard Range (maybe a SRP if Tesla provided some type of incentive - Free Paint or Wheels to take existing inventory for example).

Longer distance travel will still use the family vehicle that better meets our needs for storage, seating capacity, etc... (I would just order a Y if they were a lower price point (low 40s vs low 50s)... maybe a used Y in a couple of years)

As a result, losing DC Fast Charging/Supercharging is not as significant of a blow... as it might be for someone making a purchase of a M3 that was going to be their only vehicle.

I do also recognize that I'll the vehicle will be out of warranty and I will be on the hook for the drivetrain as well as the battery.

I do drive a high number of miles annually, so my guess... it would all go right as the warranty would expire on a non-branded vehicle anyways for me. ( I drive between 20-25k typically annually)

The price difference for this vehicle vs. buying a used 2018/9 Mid/Long Range seems to cover the replacement cost of a new motor + battery if those were to fail. (hence my consideration of the purchase).

I understand that Tesla still does push software updates and the vehicle would retain its current purchased software. (Autopilot, FSD, etc.)

Thanks in advance for the help!

Avoid it and buy an official used one from Tesla or brand new. Tesla will not allow vehicles that have ever had a title other than clean to use the superchargers OR 3rd party DC fast chargers... so you’re stuck with slow level 2 charging...