Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Elizabethtown, KY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just noticed they added a new spot on the map for a supercharger in Elizabethtown, KY. If anyone can find out any additional information please let me know. I travel frequently btw E-town and Lou so this will be a huge help. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-02-28 at 1.04.11 AM.png

Elizabethtown, KY has now been removed from the map.

Wow, that’s disappointing. I no longer live in KY, but when I did the Lexington to Bowling Green drive was definitely anxiety inducing in the winter. Of course that was during my first few months of ownership, maybe now I wouldn’t mind so much.

On the plus side, it seems Tesla has updated the “coming soon” locations with more accurate info. Listing Q1 or Q2 on many 2021 locations and showing 2022 on others. Keep them coming Tesla!

I have family that we visit in Kentucky and it's like an EV wasteland. I have to travel from near the Kuttawa SC all the way to Elizabethtown and back. Even with my P100D, it can be a challenging drive in the winter. At least Elizabethtown has ChargePoint and some 14-50 plugs provided by the city. When I visit family in Madisonville, I have literally no options available beyond a 110 plug.

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
I have family that we visit in Kentucky and it's like an EV wasteland. I have to travel from near the Kuttawa SC all the way to Elizabethtown and back. Even with my P100D, it can be a challenging drive in the winter. At least Elizabethtown has ChargePoint and some 14-50 plugs provided by the city. When I visit family in Madisonville, I have literally no options available beyond a 110 plug.

You should check out Arkansas. The EV population is pretty small in these parts of the country. But the few owners that are in those areas are pretty big promotors to friends and family.

The thing that seems so unfortunate about it to me, is these are also the populations that don't travel much. Over the past 20 years when my wife and I would go on road trips outside of Arkansas it was extremely rare to see other Arkansas cars. I actually remember many of the times we'd see them because it was so significant. So if they're not going far from home, they're ideal candidates for EVs.

That's rough. Etown really needs a Supercharger. I have to stop at Bowling Green to charge up and that's really out of my way.

I did find some free 14-50 plugs in Etown though, maybe 20, right next to the one and only ChargePoint station in town. It's slow (8kW), but free, and got me to Bowling Green without having to go to Louisville first while we ate at some pizza place around the corner
We can suggest it on Tesla’s website.
Charging Partners | Tesla

Location? SpringHill Suites Elizabethtown

Open Charge Map - Browse Charging Locations

v1pNBKp.jpg

I have family that we visit in Kentucky and it's like an EV wasteland.
When we drove through heading to TN, I did note a few "Coal keeps the lights on" license plates.

We can suggest it on Tesla’s website.
Will do, one in Elizabethtown, KY would be nice.

Tesla is in the unique position to see the location of every car, it's SoC, when/where/how they charge. It'd be fun to work on a SC planning tool with that data.

Reactions: scottf200
Thanks.
Tesla is in the unique position to see the location of every car, it's SoC, when/where/how they charge. It'd be fun to work on a SC planning tool with that data.
I hear what you are saying. For roadtrippers, they may take different routes because SCs are missing in 'good' locations so that would have to be taken into account.

When we drove through heading to TN, I did note a few "Coal keeps the lights on" license plates.

Seems unlikely that Tesla will be adding one in E'town anytime soon.

The new Supercharger (not yet available) in South Louisville at I-65 and I-265 is only 107 miles from Bowling Green, so bisecting that unlikely to be a priority.

Over in the Beaver Dam KY thread:

... He also said they’ve broken ground on Elizabethtown ...

Soooo somebody should do another round of digging into local construction permits, to see if you can find the location. I see there's a Target store in the area but it's kind of far from I-65.

Ignore the map marker on Tesla's website (as seen above), because the markers for the future sites are always just dropped at the municipality center. Obviously it will be located closer to the nearest interstate highway.

Last edited: