Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like a little back peddling already. Guess those who say free speech is an absolute and has nothing to do with the law are wrong. At least so says Elon now.🤣🤣🤣 "I'm against censorship that goes FAR beyond the law." How far is too Far you ask?????:oops:🤣🤣

I guess in places like Russia if they want MORE Free speech thay will just ask for a law to be passed. Easy as pie.

Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 3.34.46 PM.png

This section doesn't seem to be heavily moderated.

A moderator would likely move a lot of these messages to this thread.

It’s a double edged sword because I’ve seen some heavily moderated sections on here and it could get a bit annoying when someone is using subjective judgement to moderate.

Back to Elon’s FSD tweets, I think we’ll be back to radio silence for a week, at least a week, due to him now having a new toy to play with.

Would make a good horror movie title for classical liberals: “The Moderator!”
My favorite moderator on this site is actually rather politically indifferent.

They just move things to the proper threads. But, we're talking really OCD and about making sure everything is on topic. Like this thread would go from 149+ pages to like 10. :)

Now just because they're my favorite doesn't stop me from leaving noise like this all over this forum. :p

The left, and right will fight over how they think moderation should go on places like twitter but to me the real problem is bots/spam and lack of technical innovation.

Reactions: Ramphex
Looks like a little back peddling already.
Did you watch TEDx talk ? This is exactly what he said. They will make sure the tweets are legal - so in US that would mean things like violent threats are not allowed.

Not sure what they plan to do in other countries, that have a different standard. Like in Germany they won't allow Nazi tweets ? In Turkey they won't allow tweets about Armenian Genocide ?

Anyway, as I've said here before this is simply unworkable. This kind of free-for-all will make Twitter a grave yard full of abusers. But I'm hopeful Elon will quickly learn from mistakes and institute anti-harassment policies that are transparent and fairly implemented.

But we know Tesla's policies are not always transparent ....

ps : I mean isn't it obvious they have to follow the laws of (atleast) US, where they are based ? How is that even surprising ?

Reactions: BrerBear
It’s a double-edged sword because I’ve seen some heavily moderated sections on here and it could get a bit annoying when someone is using subjective judgement to moderate.
I think almost every useful contributor in the Investment thread has been banned (or at least suspended). I was once suspended for mentioning the word "Covid" in that thread.

In other forums where I've moderated we adopted the policy that a post would be removed only if someone reports it (and it violated stated policies / TOS).

It’s a double edged sword because I’ve seen some heavily moderated sections on here and it could get a bit annoying when someone is using subjective judgement to moderate.

Back to Elon’s FSD tweets, I think we’ll be back to radio silence for a week, at least a week, due to him now having a new toy to play with.
Well, at least he finally mentioned an upcoming update.