Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I said purchased. Not financed.

Cool, but did you read what I wrote or no? Lease is different from finance, and you said leased. But even if you meant financed I believe I covered that.

Otherwise it is very debatable if it increases the value of your house, especially if you finance it. Could make your house impossible to sell, or force you into foreclosure if you are really dumb about it.

I guess I agree with me?

Cool, but did you read what I wrote or no?
You wrote this:
"Otherwise it is very debatable if it increases the value of your house, especially if you finance it. Could make your house impossible to sell, or force you into foreclosure if you are really dumb about it."

So again, you take one example of a scammy finance program and generalize it. People also go into foreclosure if they are dumb about financing their Teslas (say, by using a HELOC to buy one).

You wrote this:
"Otherwise it is very debatable if it increases the value of your house, especially if you finance it. Could make your house impossible to sell, or force you into foreclosure if you are really dumb about it."

So again, you take one example of a scammy finance program and generalize it. People also go into foreclosure if they are dumb about financing their Teslas (say, by using a HELOC to buy one).
Ok. Now reread the last seven words again and get back to me on “generalizing it”.

If there is a way it won’t increase the value of your home then it is debatable. A generalization would be saying solar always increase the value of your house. Which was the original claim.

I expect Elon to tweet about it very soon.

Reactions: El joe
Ok. Now reread the last seven words again and get back to me on “generalizing it”.

If there is a way it won’t increase the value of your home then it is debatable.
Ok. My point is that you proffer as general evidence a cherry-picked scammy financing scheme.

Purchased solar (with a legitimate lender if financed) adds to the value of a home. Period.

You can't fix stupidity, which in some people knows no bounds. (Talking about those who make an unwise purchase/finance, not you.)

Reactions: mark95476
Ok. My point is that you proffer as general evidence a cherry-picked scammy financing scheme.

Purchased solar (with a legitimate lender if financed) adds to the value of a home. Period.

What are you talking about? I already agree with you that if you have 60k laying around to purchase solar out right it increases the value of your home. Otherwise it’s debatable, as I’ve demonstrated. I don’t think many people would consider a government ran program to be scammy. It’s just the way it is though.

But your question was how could financing solar make your house impossible to sell. I’ve also demonstrated they as well. Good day sir.

Courts over bro, save your flimsy arguments for your wife*.

*you’ve used all your best arguments in court, which makes you a good lawyer and your clients happy. Save your flimsy arguments for your wife because you know you won’t win arguments with her anyway so no since coming up with good arguments anyway*

Reactions: El joe
When are solar panels in your forecast?
Once the "climate" improves ? :(

1635202761749.png

Note, we will slow down upload rate of releases going forward. First from QA fleet to employee cars for a day, then slowly releasing at ~1000 cars/hr to external beta on Friday aft.

Sounds like a good idea !

Atleast we won't have to wait till after midnight to see whether an update is coming.

ps : This doesn't have to slowdown the pace of change - the team can just do releases every other Wednesday.