Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fairly sure Tesla's FSD Beta progress will push Waymo to offer services earlier than intended ;)
I think Mobileye is feeling more pressure than Waymo. Mobileye maybe thinking of how they can offer FSD Beta like features, but don't have a clue how to get around the liability issue. In other words Elon is okay handling lawsuits and bad press, Mobileye isn't. Maybe Tesla will pave the way for Mobileye.

I think Mobileye is feeling more pressure than Waymo. Mobileye maybe thinking of how they can offer FSD Beta like features, but don't have a clue how to get around the liability issue. In other words Elon is okay handling lawsuits and bad press, Mobileye isn't. Maybe Tesla will pave the way for Mobileye.
The problem is - MobilEye isn't MobilEye. Its Intel.

Here is the basic issue all autonomous driving companies have
- Any company that is already rich because of success in another field, is going to be conservative and doesn't want to take risks.
- But only companies that are already rich are the ones that can fund something like autonomous driving which is basically a money sink and no profit in sight.

Tesla is in an unique position of having taking big risks with both EV & FSD at about the same time.

Makes sense to see how 10.2 does before rolling it out to more people.

A little bummed that my score is 97. I guess I will have to wait some more to get the elusive FSD Beta.
I feel you. I am at 99 and I'm not holding my breath. Only ~1000 at 100 then wait a few days is a very Elon thing to do... But at 99, I should be second priority. Unless I drive 600 miles tonight. lol

How many Beta testers are there currently, about 2000? So we would jump to 3000 testers?
Does anyone know if they filter/select which driving segments go into the training set, or does every mile while under FSD go into the next training set?

How many Beta testers are there currently, about 2000? So we would jump to 3000 testers?
Does anyone know if they filter/select which driving segments go into the training set, or does every mile while under FSD go into the next training set?
Something like that, maybe low 2000's? I know they added testers in the 10.0.1 release because one of the guys in the local owners group got in. And I saw a few people posting on twitter about getting added.

I also know someone who was added to the beta test team recently. I continue to believe that the various public estimates of the size of the beta team are unreliable.
Does there need to be a public declaration of the size of the beta team though?

I'd say no. But at the same time why not have a list of numbers and rough geographic locations, what's the harm?

Like with many things Tesla, they like to control their information and statistics, so the less hard data in the public the better for them to manage the narrative.

Look what happened when they released granular detail on the Safety Score. The algorithms are now being actively used to improve, game, and fake peoples' scores.

Will they release an actual anonymous list of people added and keep it current by day/location/miles driven/disengagements/crashes? No way.

Reactions: jabloomf1230
I'd say no. But at the same time why not have a list of numbers and rough geographic locations, what's the harm?
Takes up resources for no particular benefit.

ps : No company releases internal information thinking "whats the harm". They release only that information that has some usefulness. I'm also sure Elon is one of the most transparent CEOs.

What do we think "100/100" means? 14 days in a row with 100 daily scores (9/25-10/8)? Last seven days with seven 100 scores? Other? @diplomat33
I think it means perfect in every category. Literally zeros showing in every category. I have an overall 100 score and well over 1000 miles logged, pushed the button at 7 AM Eastern the first day, but still less than 1% confidence I’ll get it on initial rollout. If I scan through all of the different postings on this message board I se hundreds of folks claiming they have an overall 100 score. No way in my mind that a significant fraction of the countries 100 scores are 1) on this board and 2) posting their score. My guess: the 1000 number Musk quoted is the true “perfect perfect” score. We shall find out soon…..

Reactions: jebinc
I think it means perfect in every category. Literally zeros showing in every category. I have an overall 100 score and well over 1000 miles logged, pushed the button at 7 AM Eastern the first day, but still less than 1% confidence I’ll get it on initial rollout. If I scan through all of the different postings on this message board I se hundreds of folks claiming they have an overall 100 score. No way in my mind that a significant fraction of the countries 100 scores are 1) on this board and 2) posting their score. My guess: the 1000 number Musk quoted is the true “perfect perfect” score. We shall find out soon…..
I dont think this is right.

He said a couple hundred more people might achieve a perfect score by tomorrow. That means people with an imperfect score moving up. Unless he means people pushing the button at the last minute, but that’s unlikely.

I actually don’t find it hard to believe that a non-trivial percentage of those with a 100 score are on this forum. We’re a weird bunch.

These theories are getting ridiculous. If you open up the Safety Score and it says 100 you will get it. End of story.