Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You know, he didn’t say at 12:00 am on Sunday or Monday…maybe it could be tomorrow morning (not getting my hopes up, expecting the earliest possible to be early Tuesday morning)
LOL, the release this morning was officially "Friday" even though not one person would get the release on Friday.

So I'd guess his Sunday /Monday thing is actually Monday or Tuesday morning.

Why it was unpredictable was Tesla flipped a prudence coin. Heads and they delay the release, Tails they yolo it into the night. Guess it landed in heads. In two days they gonna flip it again.
Also known as the complaint determinate coin: heads... posters bemoan another delay. Tails... posters complain the Beta is pushed prematurely

I am probably wrong, but could this be 10.2? UPDATE: False alarm - all installs on 2017 (MCU1) vehicles on pre-button version, must be a minor update.

10.1 was 2021.24.17..........

2021.24.25 just rolled out to a single Model S in Texas.......
Weird thing is it was upgraded from a pre-button version (2020.48.37.6), so presumably wasn't a button presser......

EDIT: Also, it's worth noting that some early releases on the 2021.24 branch were NOT FSD beta (i.e. 2021.24.5). So I suppose it *could* be another non-FSD Beta release on this branch, although why would they use the same branch for both?

EDIT2: TeslaFi just picked up another install, on a Model X, also coming from 2020.48.37.6. Sadly, this is probably a minor bug fix for an old branch.....

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: EVNow
FSD team didn't want egg on their face, nor deaths on their conscience.
Nah. FSD simply doesn't work at all in actual world, and all they're doing is trying to weasel out of their obligations by all means necessary.

We'll see further rollbacks, once they do the barest minimum needed for the PR.

It's what scammers typically do after all.

Weird thing is it was upgraded from a pre-button version (2020.48.37.6), so presumably wasn't a button presser......

EDIT: Also, it's worth noting that some early releases on the 2021.24 branch were NOT FSD beta (i.e. 2021.24.5). So I suppose it *could* be another non-FSD Beta release on this branch, although why would they use the same branch for both?

EDIT2: TeslaFi just picked up another install, on a Model X, also coming from 2020.48.37.6. Sadly, this is probably a minor bug fix for an old branch.....
This might be an update for MCU1 folk. They haven’t received an update since 2020.48.

Reactions: Matias
I’m almost scared honestly.
It's the other users of public roads, pedestrians, and cyclists that should have cause for additional fear. They are being subjected to an interesting experiment, albeit a fairly limited one.

How do we know this?
Discussion on that front has gone deathly quiet and we know Elon would be trumpeting it if it were happening on this release. Though I think it was vaguely promised earlier (can’t remember the exact tweets but certainly it has been promised “soon” - scroll back here). Will be the most interesting part of the beta of FSD Beta to those in the expanded group. Or at least to me.