Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since I have not seen any replies to that effect... Yes, it will drive - I went to Canada over Thanksgiving weekend and it was working. As far as my impression: it did a little worse in Canada than in US probably due to difference in lane marking etc. For example, it didn't want to offer autopark in the parking lots. I think, I was able to engage it just once - could be related to the parking lot marking - they are yellow in Canada and white in US.
Actually, there were a few (BC) FSD Beta drive videos by James Locke a few weeks back.

And reports of FSD Beta working in a hacked Tesla in Poland. I guess people have tried it in Mexico too ... and if someone were to take their car to a right hand driving country in Africa, it would work too.

Last edited:
Since I have not seen any replies to that effect... Yes, it will drive - I went to Canada over Thanksgiving weekend and it was working. As far as my impression: it did a little worse in Canada than in US probably due to difference in lane marking etc. For example, it didn't want to offer autopark in the parking lots. I think, I was able to engage it just once - could be related to the parking lot marking - they are yellow in Canada and white in US.
I think you may be correct regarding the yellow parking lot markimgs. Yesterday, I was attemptng to use autopark here in Ohio, but the car didn't recognize the yellow perpendicular marked designated space. At the time, I thought it was do to the yellow markings being somwhat worn. But perhaps, based in your experience, the yellow colored markings, even had they been been fresh, wouldn't be recognized.

• Informative
Reactions: impastu and jebinc
Release Notes for 10.7 that Elon called "arguably V11":

b1f32968-1261-4749-bc23-93d5a40b667b-jpeg.745877

There definitely seems to be a lot of improvements to driving behavior. Presumably, 10.8 will add even more improvements. So I suspect that going from 10.6 to 10.8 should be a pretty big improvement.

that Elon called "arguably V11"
I wonder if 11 has some special meaning for him similar to "crank it up to eleven." It's been almost a year when the previous / informal FSD Beta numbering scheme would have hit 11 (basically testers were counting each release even if internally it was a security-only fix without any FSD Beta behavior changes):

Just counting public FSD Beta releases, we would be closer to 25 versions, and "FSD Beta 25" doesn't seem that much less arbitrary than "FSD Beta 10.7." I would guess it is more for internal planning milestones as it's easier to discuss "9 will introduce Tesla Vision" and "10 will add feature queue" and "11 will combine stacks."

Release Notes for 10.7 that Elon called "arguably V11":

b1f32968-1261-4749-bc23-93d5a40b667b-jpeg.745877

There definitely seems to be a lot of improvements to driving behavior. Presumably, 10.8 will add even more improvements. So I suspect that going from 10.6 to 10.8 should be a pretty big improvement.
Interesting that so many of these changes are addressing things people have been critical of here (phantom braking, jerky steering, lack of overall smoothness etc).

Interesting that so many of these changes are addressing things people have been critical of here (phantom braking, jerky steering, lack of overall smoothness etc).

Yes and that's a good thing. If Tesla can make the driving smoother, it would go a long way IMO towards making FSD Beta more enjoyable.

Yes and that's a good thing. If Tesla can make the driving smoother, it would go a long way IMO towards making FSD Beta more enjoyable.
Totally, and also an indication that the beta testing feedback they are getting is incorporated into their planning/priorities (which is also good, and should perhaps reassure some of the people here who are critical of this).

Reactions: JupiterMan
I wonder if 11 has some special meaning for him similar to "crank it up to eleven." It's been almost a year when the previous / informal FSD Beta numbering scheme would have hit 11 (basically testers were counting each release even if internally it was a security-only fix without any FSD Beta behavior changes):

Just counting public FSD Beta releases, we would be closer to 25 versions, and "FSD Beta 25" doesn't seem that much less arbitrary than "FSD Beta 10.7." I would guess it is more for internal planning milestones as it's easier to discuss "9 will introduce Tesla Vision" and "10 will add feature queue" and "11 will combine stacks."
Yeah that's pretty much how versioning on big projects like this is done. Internally, it tends to make more sense than to those who are to aware of the planning etc.

Yeah. I think the switch to decimals was just to make the version numbers less unwieldy. It would get awkward to talk about versions 25 or 32. Also, based on Elon's earlier tweets and the earlier numbering system, I think he may have underestimated the number of versions that it would take to get FSD beta to full public release. It seems Elon initially thought it would only take 10 or so updates to get FSD Beta "done" and therefore the first numbering system would be fine. But when he realized that it would require a lot more updates, he decided that going to decimals would make more sense.

I still think Tesla will use V11 for the single stack since that would be a big milestone worthy of a new version number. It could also be noted that Tesla is not actually changing 10.7 to 11. They are still sticking with 10.7 and 10.8. So I think we are still on track for 11 to be the single stack version. Elon saying that 10.7 was "arguably 11" was not him suggesting that it actually was 11. Rather, Elon was just hyping the changes. He was just saying that 10.7 has a lot of changes.

So I think we are still on track for 11 to be the single stack version.
I want Tesla to do a TON of things before wasting time on single stack. Many of those changes are worthy of being called 11.
- Totally new way to optimize costs (using NN & Monte Carlo)
- Constructing 3D Voxels using multiple frames (or even multiple cars)
- Basically any of the "coming next" stuff they showed on AI day

Basically, it would make sense to get FSD Beta to be as reliable as NOA before merging stacks.

Reactions: impastu and Ramphex
Elon saying there is a possibility of safety score bar being lowered to 97 for 10.8 release.
Is Elon confused, because I don't think 98s have gotten in yet?

Or his answer is just incomplete.

For example to the question of "Will 10.8 roll out to 97 scores?"

The answer "Definitely to 98s, probably to 97s" would be consistent with his reply. So that's another possibility.

The answer "Definitely to 98s, probably to 97s" would be consistent with his reply. So that's another possibility.

Here ...

This is the translation from Elonish Murkish to English.​
Will Definitely happen : 90%​
Will happen / Yes : 75%​
Probable : 60%​
Possible : 50%​
Hopefully : 40%​

• Funny
Reactions: impastu and aronth5