TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Elon Musk CNBC interview 10/14/2011

Discussion in 'Video' started by Mycroft, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Mycroft

Mycroft Life happens

Elon Musk "The Model S, which is a 4-door premium performance sedan, I've committed that we will start delivery to customers no later than July of next year. There's going to be an initial ramp-up of production and then in 2013 we expect to deliver at least 20,000 units."

"The performance version of the Model S has better acceleration than the Porsche 911 and better handling."

4:28 CNBC PowerLunch Interview

2. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Yeah, I had linked to that in the "Revenge of the Electric Car" thread (since it was an interview about the movie) a couple hours earlier:

Revenge of the Electric Car

3. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

That's great to hear. So normal sig (not special sig) should expect to see their cars in late August I suppose.

4. Mycroft

Mycroft Life happens

I'm a pessimist, so I'm hoping to have mine by the end of Sept. After all, all they have to do is deliver one to a customer on July 31st and they won't make Elon a liar. :smile:

5. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight _____ P85 #549 _____ Sig Red / Sig White

They will have their Q2 Earnings Conference Call the first week of August so you can be sure that Elon wants to say "deliveries of Model S have begun.". More than anything else, on time delivery of the Model S, will determine the trajectory of TSLA's stock (and Elon's net worth). He's got a lot more than his $1 million bet riding on this!

6. jcstp

jcstp Active Member

Elon is one smart guy, and well bespoken! :biggrin:
    He smartly answered the questions in the way not to reveal stock-sensitive info, but make lots of free publicity for the model S! :biggrin:

7. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

You mean he's nicely tailored? :tongue: