Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Musk explains the delay for Tesla’s autonomous coast-to-coast trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do recall seeing a post somewhere that said that charging wasn't going to count and that it would still be done manually. That said, the post was from a random person online who remained anonymous claiming to have inside information so I'm not sure how much weight should be given to it.

That's as close to my recollection as I can recall as well. Tesla's been a tad vague with the details. Yes, I typed that with a straight face.

Charging, and the attempt to minimize the importance of autocharging aside, I am surprised that they are going to rely upon the northern route. They can't leverage the southern route through West Texas with certainty even with slowing down below the legal lower speed limit. Maybe this will prompt Tesla to have a go at the oil boom power brokers to get that last SC into Fort Stockton. Or they'll just go north and take their chances with the Eisenhower Pass. Which was snowed in off and on for days this past late May.