Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And many wouldn’t (especially politicians). This is all about getting the users which includes many heads of state, politicians, business leaders and a chunk of society and media. That’s the value Twitter provides. If Twitter didn’t have any users, he wouldn’t be buying it.

He seems especially concerned about escalation of the Ukraine / Russia war and stresses concern about WW3. This appears to be his largest fear at the moment. Money and other things mean nothing in WW3 so right now, shareholders are going to take the back seat to this situation. He seem to think that Putin would be VERY willing to use nukes.

I’m not saying he’s right or wrong. It’s just what I gather from what he has stated. Hence is also possibly why he’s willing to close the deal on Twitter now. Maybe he genuinely is concerned that time is of the essence because he seems to think Twitter (if fixed), can help de-escalate situations.

Wether people believe this or not, it doesn’t matter. But it does appear to be what he believes.
Putin is quite willing to use nukes. Few intelligent pro Russia watchers dispute that. He’s chafing at the various constraints this minute. It’s not even faintly a moral issue for him.
Elon’s Twitter poll wasn’t helpful, but the logic that led to to want to do something is pretty sturdy stuff. It’s reasonable to make job one undermining even a modest chance of full nuclear war.

Putin is quite willing to use nukes. Few intelligent pro Russia watchers dispute that. He’s chafing at the various constraints this minute. It’s not even faintly a moral issue for him.
Elon’s Twitter poll wasn’t helpful, but the logic that led to to want to do something is pretty sturdy stuff. It’s reasonable to make job one undermining even a modest chance of full nuclear war.
And yet he has not used nukes. Doesn’t that tell you that he doesn’t think it would help?
Telling the world that we should acquiesce to his demands because he has nuclear weapons doesn’t seem helpful to me. Everyone needs to be very clear that using nuclear weapons will only make things worse for him.

And yet he has not used nukes. Doesn’t that tell you that he doesn’t think it would help?
Telling the world that we should acquiesce to his demands because he has nuclear weapons doesn’t seem helpful to me. Everyone needs to be very clear that using nuclear weapons will only make things worse for him.
All true. But Putin’s not operating on logic or rationality.

Reactions: _Redshift_ and SO16

Musks team submitted to court they are willing to move forward exactly as written in the agreement.

So reports they're asking for any other conditions are either untrue, or they're lying to the court (again)

That said- the original agreement gives em 2 days to close and here they appear to be asking for over 3 weeks.

Lastly- this is just a motion from Musks team- not a joint request involving twitter, who presumably would prefer the 2 day thing not the 3+ week one.

• Informative
Reactions: MikeC and JRP3

Musks team submitted to court they are willing to move forward exactly as written in the agreement.

So reports they're asking for any other conditions are either untrue, or they're lying to the court (again)

That said- the original agreement gives em 2 days to close and here they appear to be asking for over 3 weeks.

Lastly- this is just a motion from Musks team- not a joint request involving twitter, who presumably would prefer the 2 day thing not the 3+ week one.
Sounds like this isn’t going anywhere unless Musk shows up with funded loans and the rest of the cash.

Twitter does not even need to respond. If Elon wants to buy them, he should go ahead. Not sure what this filing is about at all.

Seems like Elon’s main concern is having to sell more TSLA? Make sure that doesn’t happen and buy Twitter already. What’s the hold up?

Sounds like this isn’t going anywhere unless Musk shows up with funded loans and the rest of the cash.

Twitter does not even need to respond. If Elon wants to buy them, he should go ahead. Not sure what this filing is about at all.

Seems like Elon’s main concern is having to sell more TSLA? Make sure that doesn’t happen and buy Twitter already. What’s the hold up?
Couldn’t he just borrow against his shares until the financing comes through?

Twitter responded.

“Just this morning, a corporate representative for one of the lending banks testified that Mr. Musk has yet to send them a borrowing notice and has not otherwise communicated to them that he intends to close the transaction, let alone on any particular timeline.”

Lol.
He’s already said he doesn’t want to go through with the deal if WW3 starts so he’s working on that problem first.

The plot thickens...

Twitter, who, remember, are suing him to force the sale at the original price, and whose shareholders have voted to agree to the price, are now refusing to take the deal. 🤷‍♂️

Where's Alice, and when did I trip and fall down the Rabbit Hole? 🤣

The plot thickens...

Twitter, who, remember, are suing him to force the sale at the original price, and whose shareholders have voted to agree to the price, are now refusing to take the deal. 🤷‍♂️

Where's Alice, and when did I trip and fall down the Rabbit Hole? 🤣

I wouldn't trust Elon, either. If he wants to close the deal on the original terms, he should do that. Then, as owner of Twitter, he can just direct them to drop the lawsuit. No need for a new deal.

So you have no doubt that he will complete the transaction now?
All he’s done is agreed to abide by the agreement that he’s just spent months arguing does not require him to buy Twitter.

C'mon, this is Elon we're talking 'bout. I ain't making no guarantees. 🙄

To me, what Elon was arguing was that Twitter's representatives did not abide by the agreement. They had misrepresented the status of the company. Then, Twitter's team did not inform Elon of the payoff to Mudge (the ex-security chief for Twitter), which the Judge indicated was allowed as an amendment to determine whether it may have been a breach as well.

It seems to me that the easiest way for Elon to get the matter before a judge was to claim "no deal" and let Twitter bring suit. It never seemed to me that getting out of the deal was his goal, only bringing to light just how screwed up Twitter actually was (and more specifically, what could be shown as a breach of contract). Which claims he, and now two whistleblowers, have offered significant information to support.

I suspect that eventually he reasoned over how going through all this was too much of a delay for him. So, Elon capitulated and said, Ok, let's do this, now," just so he could get on with the work of fixing things. That is what Elon does best and it makes him happiest.

Edit: thanks to @AlanSubie4Life for feedback to clarify the bit about amending Elon's claim.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.