Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as Tesla, it is an extreme right brand now. Once the Cybertruck hits the market look for Red Hats to jump on it and coordinate Trump train convoys come 2024.
Salty progressives and adjacent will still buy Tesla cars. Cybertruck is going to be too expensive for a great deal of the MAGA crowd to buy.

I’d bet $8 on it.
2BF7664C-1D54-463A-A40F-0F92C34E78F6.jpeg

• Disagree
Reactions: Raisin45567
Salty progressives and adjacent will still buy Tesla cars. Cybertruck is going to be too expensive for a great deal of the MAGA crowd to buy.

I’d bet $8 on it.
View attachment 872115

Nah, the MAGA crowd is pretty well off, just looks at all the post in here defending Elon, they have the cash money to spend. I mean no poor person would throw their life away for some dude who has never known poverty

Reactions: advocate8
Nah, the MAGA crowd is pretty well off, just looks at all the post in here defending Elon, they have the cash money to spend. I mean no poor person would throw their life away for some dude who has never known poverty
The ones I know (I deal with a very diverse crowd) that are well off are buying Audi, BMW and Merc, not Tesla.

• Disagree
I'm just feeling incredibly disappointed and deflated about this vote republican tweet. I just see zero upside to Elon picking sides, and plenty of downside. I don't like where this is headed.

But we have known this for at least a year where Elons head was at. The moment he moved to Texas we knew where this was headed. He sucked all the money out of Dems that he could and now he's ready to suck out all the money from the GOP, except he doesn't realize the the OIL industries pockets are a lot deeper than his.

Personally I am probably going to play tic tac toe with my ballot. They are all the same.

I'm just feeling incredibly disappointed and deflated about this vote republican tweet. I just see zero upside to Elon picking sides, and plenty of downside. I don't like where this is headed.

He is given way way too much airtime. Unfortunately it seems like he will be able to wield and control the discourse for the years ahead. How can he tweet this when the vast majority of Tesla car owners are in democratic states? California is the biggest EV market.

But we have known this for at least a year where Elons head was at. The moment he moved to Texas we knew where this was headed. He sucked all the money out of Dems that he could and now he's ready to suck out all the money from the GOP, except he doesn't realize the the OIL industries pockets are a lot deeper than his.

Personally I am probably going to play tic tac toe with my ballot. They are all the same.

Yeah, he gave plenty of indications where his head has been at lately, but he never went so far as to suggest how others should vote. It just seems like he has crossed the line of how responsible CEO's should comport themselves. I was bracing myself for this after the Pelosi tweet, but it still hit me in the gut.

Elon really needs to stop commenting/tweeting about politics and Twitter for a while, and stay out of the news cycle. Many people conflate Twitter with Tesla due to Elon, even though they are separate companies in completely unrelated businesses. This appears to have resulted in some TSLA shareholders selling, and other investors having become reluctant to buy. Perhaps after the election, politicians including the president will stop making negative comments about Elon, and TSLA will get some support in the stock market.
My take is that Elon knows exactly what he is doing - near term and long term the last obstacle to Tesla's better recognition by a brainwashed Joe Public* .
Twitter is the best weapon for this, and the FUD as well as the oil & gas, and financial industry are pulling all stops to prevent this from happening.

We are now witnessing a huge battle, I guess those willing to understand the stakes at play. To recall:
- NASA saved SpaceX (and Tesla) back in 2008 at the very last minute, when Tesla was on the verge of bankruptcy.
- China was Tesla's savior in 2019, liberating Tesla from the grip of Wall St as it could now fund its own growth from internally generated profits.
- Twitter ?

In the meantime SpaceX 's Starlink changed the course of the war in Ukraine, and probably has non public big projects for the US defense dept.

I sincerely hope Elon succeeds in this nextenterprise. From all he has said and done he is NOT gong to back down from the challenge. Knock on wood re Black Swan events.

(*) even the smarter ones, and maybe especially those as they have learned to delegate and no longer do their own research

My take is that Elon knows exactly what he is doing - near term and long term the last obstacle to Tesla's better recognition by a brainwashed Joe Public* .
Twitter is the best weapon for this, and the FUD as well as the oil & gas, and financial industry are pulling all stops to prevent this from happening.

We are now witnessing a huge battle, I guess those willing to understand the stakes at play. To recall:
- NASA saved SpaceX (and Tesla) back in 2008 at the very last minute, when Tesla was on the verge of bankruptcy.
- China was Tesla's savior in 2019, liberating Tesla from the grip of Wall St as it could now fund its own growth from internally generated profits.
- Twitter ?

In the meantime SpaceX 's Starlink changed the course of the war in Ukraine, and probably has non public big projects for the US defense dept.

I sincerely hope Elon succeeds in this nextenterprise. From all he has said and done he is NOT gong to back down from the challenge. Knock on wood re Black Swan events.

(*) even the smarter ones, and maybe especially those as they have learned to delegate and no longer do their own research

And this is why Elon can do what he wants…..

Starlink changed the course of the war? Lmao…..

More like HIMARS and Russian Military incompetence changed the course of the war.

smh… Elon apologist come up with the funniest stories

Serious question: does anyone know how to invest in TwitterX ? I would imagine Baron BPTRX has taken a stake in the funding, but not sure.
The banks have said they're holding onto the debt for an eventual loss as they cannot sell it to retail investors in good faith at this time. That may change, but my guess is they'll bundle it with other debt into instruments to diversify the exposure. No real idea, though. I think waiting is your only chance.

The banks have said they're holding onto the debt for an eventual loss as they cannot sell it to retail investors in good faith at this time. That may change, but my guess is they'll bundle it with other debt into instruments to diversify the exposure. No real idea, though. I think waiting is your only chance.
Risk layering?

• Disagree
It’s too late for Elon to walk this back. He’s too full of himself. He’ll never walk this back. Tesla will become synonymous with extreme right wing unless he quits as ceo.
I don't see him quitting. Getting fired by the board or the shareholders on the other hand...

Remember, unlike Zuckerberg, he doesn't control more than 50% of the voting shares in Tesla. He can't single-handedly ignore the board's recommendations and the shareholders' votes. Right now, Tesla is production constrained so his idiotic stunts are not affecting sales and deliveries. When that backlog dries up, he's going to become a huge liability to Tesla and the board and/or the shareholders will probably re-evaluate whether they want to keep him around.

Is that a serious question ?
Twitter didn’t take a loan. A buyout group led by musk took a loan. Several existing shareholders including musk also rolled their equity into the buyout.

If they can’t service the loan, the banks will take Twitter and sell it to the highest bidder
Yes. This is a serious question. Many sources say, that twitter has now 13B debt because of this LBO.

Or maybe I misunderstood.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Status
Not open for further replies.