Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can’t make this stuff up. (Or maybe you can - this Tweet has presumably been deleted and I am not sure how to look up deleted Tweets.)

This is entertaining in a wholly different way than I expected.
I thought he could make it 24 hours. I'm sure tomorrow will be better!

Yeah I thought it might be fake too (because I'm not a gullible fool like Elon).
The tweet reply is still there.
And if you search for Elon's tweet on Google you get this:
1667802891372.png

Also, a bunch of other people had screen capped it.

This week in "Elon starts learning about running a social media platform":

1. Free Speech Absolutism is an absurd ideal that didn't last for even a few seconds of being in charge of Twitter. It can now be abandoned

2. Saying you hate your advertisers and declaring nuclear war against them may impact your platform's revenue earning capability

3. Taxing your best content creators harder is kind of an anti-pattern and also can't make up for the ad revenue you just declared war on

4. Content Moderation is actually.... HARD... almost like everyone said it would be as you fired most of the experts on the topic and many of the actual moderators themselves

(feel free to add to this)

LOL, what a moron and a hypocrite. What happened to his support of free speech absolutism and dislike of permanent bans?

He's getting absolutely lambasted:

Ah yes, and @zinoman points out that the guy whining about cancel culture and advertisers canceling him is now the one doing the canceling:
Oh no, Elon Musk has taken away my bogus parody account and now I‘m going to have a tantrum and whine about it 😭. What about my rights? 🥲😩😭 What about my free speech? 😩

We knew what Elon was and you were okay with it until you weren’t. It’s in his nature.
Narcissistic? Delusional? Socially inept? Impulsive? Overconfident? In over his head?

Or maybe just a liar? What‘s the difference between lying and parody? If you say “I was just kidding” afterwards does that make it parody?

Impersonating people on Twitter was always against the rules. :rolleyes:
I thought Twitter was now run by a "free speech absolutist" who said that anything that isn't against the law goes? :rolleyes: And impersonating people without exposing the impersonated to civil or criminal liability and without gaining anything (money, access to a sports playing field, etc.) from the impersonation, i.e. for entertainment purposes, is legal. Sure, it was against the Twitter rules but I thought the new owner was going to remove all of these horrible rules that stifle free speech on the platform?🤷‍♀️This is the Twitter community showing Elon that stupid rules get stupid results.

Muskocalypse

The Hill: Krugman unveils account on Twitter alternative. Krugman unveils account on Twitter alternative

New York Times columnist Paul Krugman on Sunday revealed he created an account on the platform Mastodon as some Twitter users seek alternatives following billionaire Elon Musk’s purchase of the platform. “So, I’ve opened a Mastodon account as a precaution against the possible Muskocalypse on this site,” Krugman wrote on Twitter, adding that he uses the platform to broadcast his own work and to follow subject area experts.

As Musk’s apparently uncontrollable nastiness and childishness drives away users and advertisers, it’s easy to see how Twitter’s usefulness could collapse,”

All The who’s who’s have been calling him this and some other very unfriendly pejoratives for months and even since his showdown with Alameda co.

Instead of giving him a reason to swing back leftward, they pushed him away.

You had to know this was coming.

Muskocalypse

The Hill: Krugman unveils account on Twitter alternative. Krugman unveils account on Twitter alternative

New York Times columnist Paul Krugman on Sunday revealed he created an account on the platform Mastodon as some Twitter users seek alternatives following billionaire Elon Musk’s purchase of the platform. “So, I’ve opened a Mastodon account as a precaution against the possible Muskocalypse on this site”

K. Bye.

Close the door, you’re letting the heat out.

All The who’s who’s have been calling him this and some other very unfriendly pejoratives for months and even since his showdown with Alameda co.

Instead of giving him a reason to swing back leftward, they pushed him away.

You had to know this was coming.

K. Bye.

Close the door, you’re letting the heat out.
Obi-Wan to Elon

You have done that yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.