Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol it takes a type of special person to want to work in a high stress 80hr/week environment. Not many people are this dedicated, and if you are then you are most likely of quality when you know poor quality gets you fired instantly.

Musk is sleeping in the office breathing down your neck. You are with elite programmers who can see your BS from miles away. If this sounds fun to you then you have to be an elite programmer too as no one likes to work 12hrs a day to be publicly humiliated. And no you can't log 80hrs a wk watching YouTube.

Musk has always demanded 3x productivity from his workers and he has always got 3x. How else do you think Tesla has the highest margins in the industry beating rivals century old?

More importantly if you are this amazing rock-star-ninja programmer, people you worked with in the past KNOW that, and you have a stack of offers on your desk to come work elsewhere under non-80-hour-mandatory conditions under management that actually values you.

More importantly if you are this amazing rock-star-ninja programmer, people you worked with in the past KNOW that, and you have a stack of offers on your desk to come work elsewhere under non-80-hour-mandatory conditions under management that actually values you.
Except you don't, hiring freeze in almost all major SV tech companies..plus mass layoffs already announced. Also most who stuck with Musk became wealthy as he drives value like no other. His current complaint is that too many people from Tesla feels like they can retire due to their stock based compensation which you get plenty of at Twitter.

The interesting thing about Twitter is that while the press (who I might remind you, are actually business adversaries to Twitter) are headlining all the folks that resigned tonight, there are lots of bright, talented, energetic engineers who stayed and are looking forward to rebuilding Twitter. Talented engineers are volunteering to help out Twitter.

BTW, lost in all the noise today, Elon testified in his court case that he expects to pick a Twitter CEO soon after he has done a re-organization. Like in weeks, or less than two months…

Keep smoking whatever you've got - it must be great stuff.

Elon will have both a horrific lack of internal talent and knowledge, and a very hard time hiring good new people given how he's treated the existing ones.
It is great! You want some? It will help you see reality and not the imaginary world you seem to live in.

So you are telling me when there are 1000s of software engineers looking for a job they won’t go work for Elon because he will make them work too hard? People need to feed their families and pay the bills. That’s reality dude.

Reactions: bkp_duke and Ogre
The interesting thing about Twitter is that while the press (who I might remind you, are actually business adversaries to Twitter) are headlining all the folks that resigned tonight, there are lots of bright, talented, energetic engineers who stayed and are looking forward to rebuilding Twitter. Talented engineers are volunteering to help out Twitter.

BTW, lost in all the noise today, Elon testified in his court case that he expects to pick a Twitter CEO soon after he has done a re-organization. Like in weeks, or less than two months…

Name one, or confess this is just made up speculation

Maybe turn twitter around first and then add that to your resume? Also these employees are probably Musk fans who are very dedicated. The ones that left are Musk haters and disgrunted. Even if they were top programmers, they wouldn't be at Twitter.

You don't get it. The kinds of talent we're talking about do not need to pad a resumes - that's for folks who DONT have the skills.

It is great! You want some? It will help you see reality and not the imaginary world you seem to live in.

So you are telling me when there are 1000s of software engineers looking for a job they won’t go work for Elon because he will make them work too hard? People need to feed their families and pay the bills. That’s reality dude.

I'm saying the super talented engineers are RARE, and a very valuable property.

Yes, thousands of unwanted facebook serfs are floating around, they are NOT top talent.

Yes, thousands of unwanted facebook serfs are floating around, they are NOT top talent.
Fair enough. Kind of goes against the surveys that all the top engineers from schools want to work for Elon though. I’m sure there would be plenty of engineers lining up if he needed them.

Anyways, it’s just speculation but I think you are wrong.

Didn’t you just write during layoffs management doesn’t know what they are doing and they layoff the wrong people? Can’t remember if that was you.

Anyways, if that’s the case then there would be lots of top talent that got laid off recently. I think the number of layoffs now is 60,000 in SV. There would be plenty of good talent in that group willing to work for Elon.

Fair enough. Kind of goes against the surveys that all the top engineers from schools want to work for Elon though. I’m sure there would be plenty of engineers lining up if he needed them.

Anyways, it’s just speculation but I think you are wrong.

Oh, Elon HAS been able to attract top talent to do amazing things at Tesla and Space-X because those are not steaming dumpster-fire pet politically motivated social media projects who lost 90% of their skilled staff and are burning billions per year and facing bankruptcy while pretending to forward free-speech as they ban anyone who makes fun of them :)

You keep looking at the world thru your "all critics of Elon just hate him" glasses. Elon is a great car and spaceship engineer and he's a HORRIBLE social media overlord. Plenty of talented people would love to work at Space-X who would not touch twitter with a 10 foot condom-covered cattle prod.

You win an all expense paid trip to reality where the above person has a BS in business econ, interned at the famous "software house" of Smith Barney, lists his job as "Angel Investor" and who's most recent technical experience was serving as a "sales engineer".... Yeah - rock star programmer there!
Wow, I guess you don’t need to buy Elon’s “Hair on Fire” fragrance.

Oh, Elon HAS been able to attract top talent to do amazing things at Tesla and Space-X because those are not steaming dumpster-fire pet politically motivated social media projects who lost 90% of their skilled staff and are burning billions per year and facing bankruptcy while pretending to forward free-speech as they ban anyone who makes fun of them :)

You keep looking at the world thru your "all critics of Elon just hate him" glasses. Elon is a great car and spaceship engineer and he's a HORRIBLE social media overlord. Plenty of talented people would love to work at Space-X who would not touch twitter with a 10 foot condom-covered cattle prod.
Funny thing is George Hotz did the opposite! He didn’t want to work for Elon on the autopilot team but now he wants to work for Elon for free on Twitter 😂

I know this is just one example that contradicts what you just said but I’m thinking there are plenty more.

Last edited:
Funny thing is George Holtz did the opposite! He didn’t want to work for Elon on the autopilot team but now he wants to work for Elon for free on Twitter 😂

I know this is just one example that contradicts what you just said but I’m thinking there are plenty more.

Holtz.... the Photographer? I don't think he's gonna rewrite the Twitter source code very quickly, but keep trying!

Status
Not open for further replies.