Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say that Elon has jumped ALL the way into the deep, deep right and has fully surrounded himself with far-right wing conspiracy theorists. You can see this on Twitter with the accounts he regularly interacts with, you can see this by the memes he posts, you can see this by the very poor in taste jokes he makes. You can also see this in the people he has surrounded himself with with the Twitter takeover.
fully agree.
Posting something like the woke shirt trash PLUS spicying/ justifiying it with a QAnon point of view IMHO makes him fully responsible for a SEC investigation. You cannot make these things up, just how right he has become.
This could be straight off the keyboard from Kanye "whitelivesmatter" West.
It´s good to be conservative, but turning Twitter into an alt right tool is criminal. He knows this hence pulling the post soon after. The TESLA board is the weakest sh***show imagineable. It´s just non existent in a phase where there needs to be a clear distinction and separation between being the head of Twitter and Tesla. Maybe he sees Tesla in a Yeezy/GAP/Adidas corner devalues it to the max to take it private?

Kimbal Musk is only there when it comes to frontrunning, tho a brothers resonsibility is clearly different when everything is in shambles.
Bannon would be proud now. Proud boy.

screenshot.jpg

Last edited:
Besides believing in age and gender stereotypes, what other stereotypes do you believe in? I'd love to hear your racial and religious ones. Don't hold back now.

You're using the word 'stereotypes' but anyone who understands demographics would say the same thing. Statistics are another data source.

Quick, which group of people are the most at-risk drivers, give me age and sex.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Applying a label is often a power play to try to assert control over someone.
You want to label yourself, fine.
Others though might rightfully object to the label you try to box them in with.

The Left use labels constantly to control the narrative. You can see it in almost every response to their perceived ideological enemies.

White Privilege

Incel
. This is reverse slut-shaming against any guy who opposes something a woman (or supporting man) might say or think, especially relating to feminist ideology. A woman coined this word.

White Fragility

Fragile Male Ego

Mansplaining
. This word is ridiculous, but it's used all the time, usually by the left (often by females).

MRA (which just means 'Men's Rights Advocate'), yet pursuing rights that primarily affect females is 'good'.

FEMinist, a gendered term meant to be a struggle for equality of the sexes, yet if you reject feminist ideology you 'hate women'. It's an ideological shell game. Equality is equality without the ideology. I believe in legal equality for everyone. I'm also not a Masculist.

MAGA. A label for Trump Supporters, with less kind variants.

Cultists. Applied either to real cult members or those from a group who should be derided for presumed fealty to some personality. It's a convenient way to write off an entire group.

Did you agree with Elon on Twitter? Twitter Lefties will quickly reply with a meme accusing you of being a 'dick rider' or engaging in some kind of sexual supplication to Elon.

James Damore's memo? The Left quickly rebranded it as a 'manifesto', and they make a habit of assassinating the character of ALL their ideological enemies. The Southern Poverty Law Center even added people like Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Sam Harris, and Maajid Nawaz to their 'hate' list, a repugnant thing to do. That's like the people who list abortion doctors so the crazies can self-select to target them. These aren't just innocent 'lists'.

Both sides may use labels, but the Left have mastered the art of character assassination by labels and choice language which amplifies something out of context.

Pay attention to labels and you'll see plenty on your 'side'.

to. be 'infiltrated' there has to be an organization or structure. 'Antifa' as it were is defined by an ideology, not an actual organization. As such there's nothing to infiltrate. There may be some people who claim to align with 'Antifa' and espouse violence but since there's no organization or organizational structure 'Antifa' can't be infiltrated, nor can it 'advocate' violence.

You mean like wokeness or feminist ideology?

Not only that, Twitter has always been the most poorly monetized platform of all of the big internet names.

Also, old people here underestimate how popular Elon is with younger people.

People here “I’m a 20 year veteran developer and I wouldn’t work for Musk at Twitter“ (as am I)

Word to the wise. Musk isn’t interested in 20 year veterans unless they are at the absolute top of the industry and even then they will be selective. Twitter will be very much rebuilt with younger talent who are willing to put the time in to make a name for themselves.

That's the key difference. Us older tech people have already proven ourselves, and we may want better work/life balance. I don't have that, but many people my age might want that, lol.

I believe he would have answered the question the same way for anyone who had taken Twitter private with investment from foreign governments.
Him and his predecessor have both supported investigating TikTok (though that is entirely foreign owned).

Exact question and response:
“And should the US — and with the tools you have — investigate his joint acquisition of Twitter with foreign governments, which include the Saudis?”

“I think that Elon Musk’s cooperation and/or technical relationships with other countries is worthy of being looked at,” Biden answered. “Whether or not he is doing anything inappropriate, I’m not suggesting that. I’m suggesting that it’s worth being looked at.”
Daniel....Rationality and facts are all you got?
These are of course no match for paranoia and conspiracy theories.

Yes. I was a EV/Tesla fan before I knew Elon existed.

Elon has been great for Tesla when he's concentrating on Tesla and SpaceX.

Injecting himself into politics and buying Twitter had been HORRIBLE for the brand, stock price, and the Tesla mission.

People not wanting to buy a Tesla because they hate Elon's behavior and politics IS NOT GOOD FOR THE MISSION!

Funny how your peculiar point of view results in such outrage. Meanwhile, I'm cheering Elon on from the sidelines (as always), buying his products, enjoying the successful SpaceX missions and booster captures, buying the dip, and laughing at his tweets.

Everything is really dependent on your political orientation.

It’s true that ignoring Tesla was bad optics, but not an attack.

What happened two weeks ago was really awful though: Biden saying that Elon’s foreign connections are ‘worth looking at’. Not yet McCarthyism, but definitely a very slippery slope and, if you ask me, an abuse of power if he would go through with it.

Attacks come in many forms. Falsely attributing credit to GM's Mary Barra for leading the way and also not inviting Tesla to the American EV Summit is an attack by omission. It's an exclusion. Reduction of visibility. Stolen valor (stolen by Biden, given to Barra). It's definitely an attack with plausible deniability, though pretty obvious to most observers.

Attacks come in many forms. Falsely attributing credit to GM's Mary Barra for leading the way and also not inviting Tesla to the American EV Summit is an attack by omission. It's an exclusion. Reduction of visibility. Stolen valor (stolen by Biden, given to Barra). It's definitely an attack with plausible deniability, though pretty obvious to most observers.
Man defending thin skin is an art form. But boss you gave me a huge pay raise, but Mary got a pat on the back.

CAFE standards I can agree with, but it was not a TESLA SPECIFIC targeting, like literally the words that came out of the mouth of Biden that "we need to investigate Elon's companies."

Biden did not say ""we need to investigate Elon's companies."

You are totally changing the language he used to answer a question asked by a reporter.

Status
Not open for further replies.