Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Biden did not say ""we need to investigate Elon's companies."

You are totally changing the language he used to answer a question asked by a reporter.

It was a paraphrase, but lets get the ACTUAL quote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
“I think that Elon Musk’s cooperation and/or technical relationships with other countries is worthy of being looked at,” Biden answered. “Whether or not he is doing anything inappropriate, I’m not suggesting that. I’m suggesting that it’s worth being looked at.”

“How?” veteran journalist Brian Karem followed up.

“There’s a lot of ways,” Biden said without elaborating.

Now, if someone on the "right" party had said that about Elon, the left would have gone APE. If the above isn't a statement of "we need/should investigate" then nothing is.

You have blinders on if you can't admit that.

Elon is hugely unpopular with Biden's voters as shown by the YouGov poll earlier.
May just be trying to reduce demand to improve customer satisfaction, with reduced wait time for vehicles. Galaxy brain.
I knew this must be false. Because with Semafor the conspiracy runs very deep. You heard it from me first, yesterday - not from Elon.

I wonder if it is false because FTX owns the stake, and not SBF, though? I guess we’ll find out.

Last edited:
CAFE standards I can agree with, but it was not a TESLA SPECIFIC targeting, like literally the words that came out of the mouth of Biden that "we need to investigate Elon's companies."

Solar Tax Credits were set to sunset at those times, Trump didn't put them in place to TARGET Elon.

Tesla has benefited a lot from what the administration has done in the past 2 years, but the OVERT hostility to Elon cannot be ignored.
You changed the words and put them in quotes, bad form and sign of a weak argument. Elon acting like a nut on Twitter for months might cause someone to question what he's doing, certainly many of us have. There was no "OVERT hostility to Elon" from the administration, not even after Elon called Biden a "damp sock puppet in human form", and that is a direct quote. Biden ignoring Tesla out of presumed political expediency was not an attack on Tesla or Elon, even though it was a poor choice. The only overt hostility between the two has come from Elon.

I personally know people working at Google, the benefits there are great (including the free meals and shuttles), they allow remote work, they never pressured employees to accept an "extreme hardcore" work environment or resign, the executives didn't warn about the possibility of the company being bankrupt. The people working there don't need motivation about the mission of Google to want to work there.

Elon is ending such perks and that would mean Twitter as a company would be less attractive to work at (regardless of what people think of Elon himself). The point was never that there would be zero people willing to work there, but that they would not be motivated to accept such working conditions and be as dedicated as the employees in the early days of SpaceX and Tesla. Basically the tactics that worked to rally the troops at SpaceX and Tesla is unlikely to work at Twitter.
It would be less attractive for the people who don’t actually want to work at the particular level Elon requires.

Here’s how this works. Everything in life is circular, like clothing and music trends. What once was eventually comes around to become what is.

When you’ve lived more than a handful of decades the circular patterns of life become obviously apparent.

People’s work attitudes and what’s expected from employer and employee is also circular. Additionally, there are cultural work expectations.

Just grab a glass of eggnog and relax. Stop being so up in arms. The emotion is getting in the way of you *seeing* the masterclass being put on by Elon, yet again. I challenge you to put aside all that emotion and just watch without opinion. It’s really a brilliant sight to see.

Or don’t and carry on. Whatever.

You changed the words and put them in quotes, bad form and sign of a weak argument. Elon acting like a nut on Twitter for months might cause someone to question what he's doing, certainly many of us have. There was no "OVERT hostility to Elon" from the administration, not even after Elon called Biden a "damp sock puppet in human form", and that is a direct quote. Biden ignoring Tesla out of presumed political expediency was not an attack on Tesla or Elon, even though it was a poor choice. The only overt hostility between the two has come from Elon.

Oh PLEASE. Biden is a politician, "worth being looked at = investigation". There is no other way to "look at" something in Washington.

The hostility from Elon to Biden, by any non-biased observer, is COMPLETELY warranted.

It was a paraphrase, but lets get the ACTUAL quote:
“I think that Elon Musk’s cooperation and/or technical relationships with other countries is worthy of being looked at,” Biden answered. “Whether or not he is doing anything inappropriate, I’m not suggesting that. I’m suggesting that it’s worth being looked at.”

“How?” veteran journalist Brian Karem followed up.

“There’s a lot of ways,” Biden said without elaborating.

Now, if someone on the "right" party had said that about Elon, the left would have gone APE. If the above isn't a statement of "we need/should investigate" then nothing is.

You have blinders on if you can't admit that.
How do we know Biden wasn't bullied as a child? Maybe he was just punching back. ;)
It just seems super mild. It's not like it came out of nowhere either. Musk also has military contracts, he should expect some level of scrutiny. I do think it would have been better for Biden to dodge the question.

The international class of overeducated people (ranging from 25 to 45-ish, cognitive workers, leaning left: I am myself a specimen, for better or worse) follows more closely the US politics than European politics. It's all over their social media, it has been for years. They consume their media in English, very often are expats. It's million of us. Politically, we/they count nothing; economically, not very much; culturally, a bit more.
In my personal bubble (US and European account) Musk is right now the boogeyman.
I think they're quite wrong but Musk trolling doesn't help anyone to think rationally at the moment.
Musk is moving engineering forward.
Holy *sugar*. This is concerning - he’s more far gone than I realized.
The politics are horrible but the self awareness is insane. Country Club locker rooms are typically dens of ignorance, but the dudes know enough to shut up when they emerge for a drink in the dining room.

That's a COMPLETELY biased take. Elon often acts at a childish emotional level and that's all this is. It's daddy issues.
The high level of junior high emotional spite: Elon supporting Herschel "What We Need To Do Is Keep Having Those Gas-Guzzling Cars, Cause We Got Good Emissions Under Those Cars." and Biden snubbing Tesla at the White House, worries me greatly for the future of the transition to sustainable.

I truly wonder how it is that these successful people lack the capacity to rise above all that and find common purpose.

That's a COMPLETELY biased take. Elon often acts at a childish emotional level and that's all this is. It's daddy issues.

See my short "physoanalysis" of Elon posted 1-2 days ago. Doesn't matter if you LIKE it, that's Elon's personality, in a nutshell. If he feels attacked, he WILL NOT just take it, he will punch back, every single time.

And, at 50-something, he won't change, it's engrained in his psyche deeply at this point.

The high level of junior high emotional spite: Elon supporting Herschel "What We Need To Do Is Keep Having Those Gas-Guzzling Cars, Cause We Got Good Emissions Under Those Cars." and Biden snubbing Tesla at the White House, worries me greatly for the future of the transition to sustainable.

I truly wonder how it is that these successful people lack the capacity to rise above all that and find common purpose.
OMG did Elon support actually Herschel Walker beyond just saying "Vote R"?

• Disagree
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Which is ironic / hypocritical given the level of coordination over the past 20 years (including the Biden admin) with the Saudis. Heck, Biden was over there literally last month BEGGING them to pump more oil. Perhaps that should be investigated then.
You're a smart guy. You know that that's about as non-committal as Biden could have been to that direct question. Had he said " There no way we will ever investigate Twitter and the Saudi connection" he would have been raked over the coals for that response. I don't even think he could have got a pass with "no comment". Even that would have been interpreted as something nefarious.

I must have missed the tweet in which Elon says people should vote for Herschel Walker, but if you tell me he did I believe you. But does Walker have just one political standpoint (about gas guzzlers) and no opinion about anything else? Or could it be that Elon supports him for some of his other standpoints, despite of what he thinks about cars? Do you always agree 100% with the person you vote for, on all subjects?

(Elon, by the way, is of the opinion that no matter how much people love gas guzzlers, they will eventually make the switch. Not necessarily because they are better for the environment, but because they are better cars/trucks. Faster, more powerful, more comfortable, cooler, cheaper to drive, cheaper to maintain, etc. That's why Tesla will build the Cybertruck).

See my short "physoanalysis" of Elon posted 1-2 days ago. Doesn't matter if you LIKE it, that's Elon's personality, in a nutshell. If he feels attacked, he WILL NOT just take it, he will punch back, every single time.

And, at 50-something, he won't change, it's engrained in his psyche deeply at this point.
Right, which doesn't change my point in the least. The irrational hostility is coming from Elon, full stop. Other people who haven't analyzed every aspect of Elon's life the way we have should not be expected to cater to his idiosyncrasies of which they have no knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.