Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your post confirms he claimed he's a senior engineer.

But then the git repo suggests he was still in college as recently as 2018.

The lawsuit doc shows a request for dismissal with prejudice and it appears the case was indeed dismissed.

So might not be the first time this guy was caught lying or exaggerating to try and gain something out of it :)

Hilariously- one of the defendants listed was Uber.

See above, edited post. Confirmed Sr. Engineer at Twitter. "Slow flushing" search engine for the win.

See above, edited post. Confirmed Sr. Engineer at Twitter. "Slow flushing" search engine for the win.

No, confirmed claimed he was one. Or heck, if the culture is nearly as relaxed as some of his remarks suggest, you might be able to just make up your own titles below like VP/C-level jobs.... I've actually worked at a company like that years ago.

Also your results might be mixing up multiple people with a similar name- since one link appears to show a guy who was still in college in 2017-2018 and in NYC, while another claims to have been working in IT in that timeframe, and in India before that.

I mean it’s clear that no one in the Bay Area or LA really “works.” They just go to protests and develop liberal domination plots to restrict your freedoms.

It’s really lucky California had Elon to save it from pure economic disaster. Really what is the economy there without him?

My cousin moved from Riverside to Wyoming because they made him get his car smog certified. He said that every one of his friends is doing the same so it must be true.

I guess you guys found your new Dinesh D Souza! Congratulations!! 👍👍👍

Seriously, though - this dude will be fired from Twitter invoking the non disparagement clause. Unless, uncle Musk rescues him as his pet poodle.

If he does get fired, next stop - some company in the dusty corner of the valley or better yet, Texas where he can try to have a career for the next few years, OR become the right’s new titillation. Frankly the latter is probably more lucrative, and easier than even 4 hour workweeks. 😁😁😁😁😁

Reactions: advocate8
To also be fair . . . it's a video where an admitted senior engineer from Twitter spills the beans.
No, it isnt. Project Veritas is a classic propaganda and disinformation mill for far right views.
They’re expert in making things look like what you describe by selective editing and a host of other clever techniques. It is literally their entire reason for existence to take something that isn’t true and make you say: “It’s true because I see and hear it!”
And “I know Project Veritas is paid to generate propaganda but … their views align with mine and this looks pretty real.”

Their record not just of law breaking but lying and deceit is lengthy and how they do what they do is clear.

And frankly at some point on the “lying organization” spectrum no one should have to go back and find where their lies are. Trying to figure out whether that’s a senior engineer, an intern or a fake isn’t worth anyone’s time. It’s Veritas so you know there are fundamental lies, whether his identity is one or not.
But yes, misidentifying a subject is one of their techniques. Finding that idiot in your organization — and you have one too. We all do - - who will say anything when flattered and joshed the right way is another…

Another lesson in why civil, thoughtful discourse on social media is mainly just a dream. Bad actors like that always show up. You spend gobs of time debunking Then someone says no, I see it with my eyes! Humans can’t help but fall for this stuff.
Corrosive waste of time.

Last edited:
Once again, Twitter's number had caveats, and Elon is comparing against the broad membership and overlooking those caveats. I'm suspecting they can show that the filings are reasonably accurate with their constraints in place (active, daily, monetizable), and I'm guessing Elon knows this. So I see this as pure negotiation and/or cold feet excuses.

Sure looks like this will be a hot mess for some time. I’m willing to bet that the co-investors wrote better escape clauses than Elon did.

Pretty sure that the list of people willing to put in large amounts of $$ to buy twitter at a 45% premium plus a massive legal and reputational sh/$show has quickly approached zero.

Reactions: advocate8
The more this drags on, the more negatively Tesla brand will be affected.
Yes, absolutely. But it is definitely better for the brand that the deal fail, whether sooner or later.
Even a couple more months of this circus is vastly preferably to Elon wrangling with Twitter issues in a major public way for years as CEO, or TweetKing or whatever he crowns himself.

I swear it is just not worth the effort to even think about. Project Veritas represents so much of what is wrong with this country right now. Win at any cost... Divide your fellow Americans for profit.
Oh I agree, Project Veritas is dishonest propaganda. I just think it would be entertaining to see their methods. I'd also like to see all the other Twitter employee "interviews."

Oh I agree, Project Veritas is dishonest propaganda. I just think it would be entertaining to see their methods. I'd also like to see all the other Twitter employee "interviews."
Oh, it’s entertaining to a degree. I had to thoroughly dissect one of their efforts once .... They’re bumbling, second-rate types, almost comically so at times. Intellectually it’s a hoot. But they should be shut down. Pure evil.

Moving aside from the PV wasteland...

As someone who's been tucked into a ball rocking back and forth about Elon the past few weeks I felt much better after watching the All In interview. Why oh why is he so wonderful and centrist [left of center?] in interviews but manages to be the lovechild of Tucker and Jordan Peterson on Twitter?

Yes, absolutely. But it is definitely better for the brand that the deal fail, whether sooner or later.
Even a couple more months of this circus is vastly preferably to Elon wrangling with Twitter issues in a major public way for years as CEO, or TweetKing or whatever he crowns himself.

Yes, I hope the deal fails. Elon will have to suck it up and focus on the important stuff.

Somehow I don’t see that happening quickly.

My guess is, he will continue to obsess about Twitter for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.