Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have only lost 10%. Don't feel sorry for yourself, feel sorry for those poor martians that have been robbed from a visiting Elon in the near future.

Oh and last post for today-
Elon doesn´t seem to care for Mars and being multi planetary as fast as possible. 44 billion times delayed.
The Twitter deal is the ultimate litmus test for this. Ego over everything.

You and me know that. And the rest of the TMC forum and the insiders.

The public perception though:
70% TWTR
20% Spaceship
8% Neuralink ("....ah yes the guys killing animals, 1500 right?....")
2% TSLA

and another 100% time weird self presentation, and loosing his cool. And making new cars obsolete by swtiching sensors.

And that´s what´s hurting financials. Big time.
yup. I don't think the discount they are offering for Nov. / Dec. builds is worth it when - if true - these cars come without USS and without the new fancy 4D radar ... and for Jan+ builds you get that new radar. You likely will take a hit exceeding the discount when selling those 2 production months without new HW in 2-3 years...

You and me know that. And the rest of the TMC forum and the insiders.

The public perception though:
70% TWTR
20% Spaceship
8% Neuralink ("....ah yes the guys killing animals, 1500 right?....")
2% TSLA

and another 100% time weird self presentation, and loosing his cool. And making new cars obsolete by swtiching sensors.

And that´s what´s hurting financials. Big time.
Tesla management slipping the radar back in while Elon’s distracted.

I suppose if he margins his TSLA shares, he can't sell them, so there's that.
He can sell them to pay off the margin loan. The real risk is that he can be forced to sell them if the share price dips too low (i.e. margin call.)
All his actions to tank the value of Twitter could actually be genius if he gets the banks to accept less than face value for the debt. 69D chess :p

Elon is probably something like this at the moment:
50% TWTR
20% SpaceX
15% Tesla
<5% Boring Co
<5% Neuralink
<55 Composing tweets on the throne

2 months ago he was probably:
<5% TWTR pre buy
55% SpaceX
25% Tesla
<5% Boring Co
<5% Neuralink
<55 Composing tweets on the throne

We have only lost 10%. Don't feel sorry for yourself, feel sorry for those poor martians that have been robbed from a visiting Elon in the near future.
I have no idea of the % but these are not unreasonable. As to SpaceX a month ago Shotwell was but in charge of the Boca Starship effort which I regard as a good thing. No need for Elon to be constantly looking over her competent shoulder. After years of Musk saying flight to orbit isa month or so away, I expect Gwynne's team to launch Q1 20203.
I'm still on team Elon as I do not expect anyone to mirror my take on everything and I respect his competence, work ethic and guts.

Reactions: Buckminster
Oh and last post for today-
Elon doesn´t seem to care for Mars and being multi planetary as fast as possible. 44 billion times delayed.
The Twitter deal is the ultimate litmus test for this. Ego over everything.
I wonder whether he would have got this radicalized by alt-right if he had a "normal" family. He seems to be living alone (even though he has a ton of kids, he doesn't spend any time taking care of them), angry all the time .... typical person extremist groups would go after to convert. Except, he is also the richest man in the world (or may be 2nd richest now ?). Bizarre doesn't start to describe it ....

I wonder whether he would have got this radicalized by alt-right if he had a "normal" family. He seems to be living alone (even though he has a ton of kids, he doesn't spend any time taking care of them), angry all the time .... typical person extremist groups would go after to convert. Except, he is also the richest man in the world (or may be 2nd richest now ?). Bizarre doesn't start to describe it ....
Being piled on by the AuthLeft contingent tends to push people away toward LibCenter/LibRight (Sometimes AuthRight but this is rare)

Shoulda left the bee alone and Twitter.gov would still be in place.

But again, the funniest part is all the people complaining but yet continue to use Twitter. Imagine if all the complainers closed their accounts….
That’s what I’ve been saying all along, Elon took a calculated risk on user base..I’d take that bet too — anger addicts will stomp their feet and maybe rage quit for a short time and come back.

The ones that actually do leave create a net positive effect on the community with their departure.

Reactions: T3SLAROD
Being piled on by the AuthLeft contingent tends to push people away toward LibCenter/LibRight (Sometimes AuthRight but this is rare)

That is this whole thing in a nutshell.

And unlike the funny Austin Powers gag "I'm in a nutshell, look at this bloomin nutshell, how do I get out of it?" the thing that caused the Babylon Bee suspension is rather easily seen as not funny in the slightest. It was an insult, intended to be so, and thus the only question was whether it was so insulting as to warrant any sanction. It had nothing of course, to do with the First Amendment.

What Twitter really needs is to hire Jerry Seinfeld to head a committee of comedians to rule on what's funny. I thought Seinfeld's take on how professional comedians analyze the line between funny and offensive all the time, "that's the job" he said (I think he was commenting on Dave Chappell,) really insightful to a non-comedian.

Not sure who "authLeft" is .... I'm definitely Libertarian Left (close to the Dalai Llama in the chart). So are most of the people on the left. OTOH "center" is actually authoritarian Right ...

I think if everyone took Political Compass test atleast we will have a basis to talk - instead of just calling names.

1670525790611.png

Not sure who "authLeft" is .... I'm definitely Libertarian Left (close to the Dalai Llama in the chart). So are most of the people on the left. OTOH "center" is actually authoritarian Right ...

I think if everyone took Political Compass test atleast we will have a basis to talk - instead of just calling names.

View attachment 882790
Interesting link. I landed (CenterLib) about where I figured I would. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: EVNow
Status
Not open for further replies.