Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It hadn't really occurred to me, but now its obvious. I scrolled down the Atlantic page and they have an article about how AI software will just write everyone's college papers.

In it is an interesting paragraph or two about the gulf between those trained in the sciences, and those who write their way to some sort of liberal arts degree.

Twitter is interesting as its simultaneously the number one site to amplify the written word, and a place for people who could care less about the standards of writing, per se, to comment on whatever.

I hate to break it to Elon, but posting a meme which, if you look for it, has a certain meaning IS NOT a riposte to the argument that if people are looking for, say, an evil subtext in an act of yours and will find it. His post is the opposite. The logical error, you see, from Mr. Zipperer, is when he says ".. if they are there or not." Well, Elon's meme is not a situation of whether its "there or not" --- its "there" period.

But that's the sort of thing lawyers and philosophy majors see, not engineers.

It hadn't really occurred to me, but now its obvious. I scrolled down the Atlantic page and they have an article about how AI software will just write everyone's college papers.

In it is an interesting paragraph or two about the gulf between those trained in the sciences, and those who write their way to some sort of liberal arts degree.

Twitter is interesting as its simultaneously the number one site to amplify the written word, and a place for people who could care less about the standards of writing, per se, to comment on whatever.

I hate to break it to Elon, but posting a meme which, if you look for it, has a certain meaning IS NOT a riposte to the argument that if people are looking for, say, an evil subtext in an act of yours and will find it. His post is the opposite. The logical error, you see, from Mr. Zipperer, is when he says ".. if they are there or not." Well, Elon's meme is not a situation of whether its "there or not" --- its "there" period.

But that's the sort of thing lawyers and philosophy majors see, not engineers.
You are over thinking memes and their culture. Imagine you are 18 again and have had a few drinks. Memes are like emojis. Use them as you wish in a dynamic way. It's not like anything bad could happen...

Elon and Pepe is such a high level meta. Like the Chinese holding up a white paper. Pepe got popular because he was versatile. At one point someone one made up joke that white nationalists were supposed to be using Pepe and ofc the media swallowed the story because they wanted to believe it. Then some alt right started to actually use pepe making the joke true. Then Trump used Pepe and later Hilary denounced Pepe. Even protestors in Hong Kong used Pepe. A very versatile frog living his viral evolution.

Sources

Some journalists will read whatever they want into the poor frog. And Elon is playing on that, in a very high level meta that only super-intelligent autists will find funny, meanwhile lazy unintelligent journalists will act like lazy unintelligent journalists, and he sure doesn't mind that world get to see them for what they are.

Last edited:
TWITTER FILES PART 2: SHADOWBAN Freedom of speech not freedom of reach!

So the big "scoop" is...Twitter had terms of service that it enforced?

Also, Elon's stated moderation plan is... basically identical to the old one?

How much more embarrassment does Elon want to endure over this? Just enormous loser energy.

Havent read much of the new dump yet, but pretty quicly saw that Twitter had lists of people it seems to "Do Not Amplify" or "Trends Blacklist". OK that is good if you ask me and isnt that exactly what Elon said he was going to do with the people that he was letting back on. He would allow the hate speech from the likes of the Daily Stormer founder, but he wouldnt allow the hate speech to get amplified and promoted. I dont see a difference between Twitter pre Musk and post acquisition doing that.

Elon and Pepe is such a high level meta. Like the Chinese holding up a white paper. Pepe got popular because he was versatile. At one point someone one made up joke that white nationalists were supposed to be using Pepe and ofc the media swallowed the story because they wanted to believe it. Then some alt right started to actually use pepe making the joke true. Then Trump used Pepe and later Hilary denounced Pepe. Even protestors in Hong Kong used Pepe. A very versatile frog living his viral evolution.

Sources

Some journalists will read whatever they want into the poor frog. And Elon is playing on that, in a very high level meta that only super-intelligent autists will find funny, meanwhile lazy unintelligent journalists will act like lazy unintelligent journalists, and he sure doesn't mind that world get to see them for what they are.

Utterly disingenuous. “At one point someone one made up joke that white nationalists were supposed to be using Pepe and ofc the media swallowed the story because they wanted to believe it.”

Whatever its origin, white nationalists have enthusiastically adopted Pepe. To claim otherwise is the equivalent of deflecting on the meaning of the swastika due to its coming from ancient India.

No matter if we think it's a bombshell or nothingburger, I hope we appreciate that information is getting public.

Utterly disingenuous. “At one point someone one made up joke that white nationalists were supposed to be using Pepe and ofc the media swallowed the story because they wanted to believe it.”

Whatever its origin, white nationalists have enthusiastically adopted Pepe. To claim otherwise is the equivalent of deflecting on the meaning of the swastika due to its coming from ancient India.
See the next sentence of your quote.

Last edited:
No matter we think it's a bombshell or nothingburger, I hope we appreciate that information is getting public.
The more interesting question is what the policy will be going forward. What Twitter did was in their TOS (and still is.)

“We may also remove or refuse to distribute any Content on the Services, limit distribution or visibility of any Content on the service, suspend or terminate users, and reclaim usernames without liability to you.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.