Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right by the Dalai Llama
C7B5B7A8-1CF1-4A8A-A4A4-D83E25F5AA2E.gif

Being piled on by the AuthLeft contingent tends to push people away toward LibCenter/LibRight (Sometimes AuthRight but this is rare)

Shoulda left the bee alone and Twitter.gov would still be in place.
Too easy. As always. Radicalization is independent from the apparent left/right discussion which is all so boring.
Why does he fall for whatever so hard. It’s called a hobby ;)
Seriously the theory about not having a family, someone who calms you down is a pretty valid one. Seeing Kanye there eating his junk all alone gave me the same analogy. But they are way past the “hugs”.

Not sure who "authLeft" is .... I'm definitely Libertarian Left (close to the Dalai Llama in the chart). So are most of the people on the left. OTOH "center" is actually authoritarian Right ...

I think if everyone took Political Compass test atleast we will have a basis to talk - instead of just calling names.

View attachment 882790

Interesting, learned something about myself today.

Economic Left/Right: -1.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.82

Economic Left/Right: 2.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.54
BTW, Both Matt Taibi and Greenwald definitely used to be libertarian-left. Infact I got to know about Greenwald by reading his book. MSM ostracizing them has now led them to a weird - my enemy's enemy is my friend dynamic.

Talking about changes ... its not just Musk who has changed over the last couple of years. I don't know how many remember "Ye" saying on live TV to raise money for the victims of Katrina that "Bush doesn't care for black people" ..... now he is like "slavery was a choice". Fragility of the mind is frightening ...

At least we have Elon posting Pepe memes. If that isn’t a sign of stability, I am not sure what is. So strange! Doesn’t he have better things to do??? What is the fascination with nonsense?
Elon is courting the kids whilst enjoying himself and staying young. It will make sense to you in 20 years when they are sleeping in RTs that you own a fractional share of.

This video summarizes the debacle in a mere 48 minutes. It is probably not 100% accurate nor 100% fair and balanced but it's reasonably accurate and reasonably fair (fanatics are sure to disagree). IMO it does a good job of showing what this looks like from outside the Musk-o-verse.

TL;DR: stop twitting around and get back to saving the world.

That’s what I’ve been saying all along, Elon took a calculated risk on user base..I’d take that bet too — anger addicts will stomp their feet and maybe rage quit for a short time and come back.

The ones that actually do leave create a net positive effect on the community with their departure.

Replacing people who report factual information like the real situation in Ukraine or people whose contributions have included leading efforts to identify Jan 6 rioters for law enforcement like Chad Loder (who has been suspended since Elon took over) with a bunch of people and groups like Marjorie Taylor Greene and Project Veritas, is a good thing?

I don't go on Twitter to get outraged about fiction, I go there to learn what's really happening in the world. I'm not a content generator there, I'm only there because people and organizations known for good information are there. A large number of those sources have started mirror accounts on Mastadon, Post.News, and Substack. I'll end up where ever they do because I want that information.

I still have a Facebook account, but I rarely go there because the friends who were there have moved on. The same thing will happen with Twitter if this pattern continues.

I've heard of pepe, but the meme seems to be some sort of "man of culture" "people of culture" thing which seems connected to a genre of anime.

Unless pepe is hiding behind the boat. :)
It’s an image of Pepe if you squint. No idea why he posted it though. Twitter Files part 2 is delayed (dang FBI) and he needs filler.
1670539791817.png

It’s an image of Pepe if you squint. No idea why he posted it though. Twitter Files part 2 is delayed (dang FBI) and he needs filler.
View attachment 882873
Probably a good test case for a vision neural net he was working on in his spare time. Hardcore coding.

I recognized it without cheating, though I wasn’t 100% sure that’s what the meme was going for until I checked the comments. The brain is an amazing thing. And I am not even that familiar with Pepe, just having seeing the occasional image in passing.

I don’t feel like a person of culture though. I just felt like I had wasted my time.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Status
Not open for further replies.