Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

For now, let's ignore fun details such as the likelihood he Tweeted he was sleeping in Twitter HQ until the company was fixed, then apparently about the same time jumped in his jet and left SF. Then deleted the Tweet.

Instead let's just look at his tweet count:
“...Mr. Musk has posted more than 21,000 times. In recent years, that has meant posting all hours of the day, most days of the week."

How much time does it it take to shift your focus from a productive task, then hone and post 21,000 tweets... then refocus on work? Forget we’re dealing with Elon, who’s time is uniquely valuable by various measures.
Would posting 21,000 tweets be a good use of ANYONE’S time?
I doubt he is the person tweeting. He most likely has an entire staff in charge of tweets.

Musk locks his Twitter account to personally test reported malfunction

On Wednesday morning, Twitter CEO Elon Musk locked his Twitter account, telling users, “Made my account private until tomorrow morning to test whether you see my private tweets more than my public ones.”

Since then, Twitter users have poked fun at Musk for seemingly not knowing how the platform works—or at least not having Twitter engineers available who can explain it to him. One account with nearly 70,000 followers joked that Musk needed to run “a middle schooler's idea of an experiment to figure out how the company's algorithm works because he fired anyone who could have possibly explained it to him.” Back in November, Musk had to start recruiting engineers after mass layoffs and Twitter's changing workplace benefits led many engineers to exit Twitter, seemingly threatening to destabilize the platform and trigger malfunctions.

... after mass layoffs and Twitter's changing workplace benefits led many engineers to exit Twitter, seemingly threatening to destabilize the platform and trigger malfunctions.

The phrasing above makes it seem like something that just happened. It would have been more accurate to say "... after Mr. Musk fired most of the people capable of maintaining the platform and cut benefits for those who remained and required them to work longer hours for the same pay, which destabilized the platform and caused malfunctions."

The phrasing above makes it seem like something that just happened. It would have been more accurate to say "... after Mr. Musk fired most of the people capable of maintaining the platform and cut benefits for those who remained and required them to work longer hours for the same pay, which destabilized the platform and caused malfunctions."
Ever consider there may be malefactors still within the company? A good chunk of those who were canned were likely little more than fork and spoon operators.

Of course. This whole thread is about one of them.
I see what you did there.

818E6A0A-717E-4CB1-8434-17218DBF3F1F.gif

Ever consider there may be malefactors still within the company? A good chunk of those who were canned were likely little more than fork and spoon operators.

I don't know what a fork and spoon operator is. But I think it unlikely that "a good chunk" of those fired (which apparently included most, if not all, of the people whose job it was to enforce the site rules, as well as many, if not most, of the people who actually knew how to keep the site running) were malicious actors.

Google doesn't give me a definition of "fork and spoon operator" but I think maybe it means a useless worker? If that's what you mean by it, I think it unlikely that most of the people Musk fired were useless workers.

Making accusations against people you don't know, and don't know anything about, whether it be that they're malicious or useless, does not reflect well on yourself. Do you have any evidence of either? Or is your argument merely that Musk can do no wrong so if he fired so many people he must have had a good reason?

I don't know what a fork and spoon operator is.

Google doesn't give me a definition of "fork and spoon operator" but I think maybe it means a useless worker? If that's what you mean by it, I think it unlikely that most of the people Musk fired were useless workers.
If they had time to make tik toks about playing grab ass and drinking “wine on tap” on company time, they’re probably in that category.

Elon strikes me as a “If you got time to lean, you got time to clean” kinda guy. We need more of that.

I don't know what a fork and spoon operator is. But I think it unlikely that "a good chunk" of those fired (which apparently included most, if not all, of the people whose job it was to enforce the site rules, as well as many, if not most, of the people who actually knew how to keep the site running) were malicious actors.

Making accusations against people you don't know, and don't know anything about, whether it be that they're malicious or useless, does not reflect well on yourself. Do you have any evidence of either? Or is your argument merely that Musk can do no wrong so if he fired so many people he must have had a good reason?
Precisely.
I think of the people I know well.... REALLY know. And none of them go into work every day thinking, how can I phone it in? How can I do a bad job? How can I advance a political agenda? They just try to do decent work. I may or may not agree with their approaches, but they’re trying to do what they can.

Yet social media seems built around assuming that large numbers of people, sometimes entire categories of workers, are lazy, misguided and/or intentionally nefarious.
It’s imaginary.
People mock lawyers and doctors and engineers and journalists and every other category you can think of. And people from England slough off on those from Ireland etc.
The truth is straightforward, the percentage of incompetents, or corrupt people is pretty similar across categories and when you mock categories that aren’t yours, that says more about you than them.

On the investor forums we have one or two wealthy boss types who are quick to conclude a lot of employees are losers.
Which is factually incorrect, but in a cosmic sense balances the fact that many workers make a similar assumption that rich boss types don’t actually work much and are overpaid.

Last edited:

I have not heard the term either. Perhaps a fork and spoon operator is the job title of the guy who investigates software issues so the CEO doesn't have to with his own account.

Status
Not open for further replies.