Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the Hummer even qualify for BEV credit?
Nope. Sure doesn't. But that's not the point of his post - the point is that Tesla is not built by Michigan voters so he had to find some random Michigan EV as a stand-in.

Someday when psychology textbooks are written about Elon's mental breakdown, I'm pretty sure they're going to use that pic of Biden in a Hummer on the cover.

There sure are a lot of posts discussing whether or not Musk paid (some of) what he owed to the banks. I hope he did make the interest payment that was due on the Twitter purchase. Or there's going to more lawsuits heading his way for overdue bills.
It was just theories in search of a conspiracy. The fact of the payments was of reasonable public interest, unlikely to manipulate markets or damage anything whether the information was released or not. The reporters obtained those facts and printed them. Yaawwwnnn. Seems some wanted to make a federal case that Mr. Transparency’s ... uh, I mean, Musk’s... privacy was savagely invaded by someone for some vague reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: italian bread
Not sure if this had been posted yet, but I was linking to some tweets by Elon and noticed now they are no longer visible. It seems Elon has set his tweets to protected mode such that only approved followers can see them:
These Tweets are protected
Only approved followers can see @elonmusk’s Tweets. To request access, click Follow. Learn more
https://twitter.com/elonmusk

Not sure if this had been posted yet, but I was linking to some tweets by Elon and noticed now they are no longer visible. It seems Elon has set his tweets to protected mode such that only approved followers can see them:

He’s just trying to confirm what one of the crazies told him.

Wow, that's lame. Trying to boost his follower count farther?

He’s just trying to confirm what one of the crazies told him.
What is that, exactly? Kind of scared to ask!

For now, let's ignore fun details such as the likelihood he Tweeted he was sleeping in Twitter HQ until the company was fixed, then apparently about the same time jumped in his jet and left SF. Then deleted the Tweet.

Instead let's just look at his tweet count:
“...Mr. Musk has posted more than 21,000 times. In recent years, that has meant posting all hours of the day, most days of the week."

How much time does it it take to shift your focus from a productive task, then hone and post 21,000 tweets... then refocus on work? Forget we’re dealing with Elon, who’s time is uniquely valuable by various measures.
Would posting 21,000 tweets be a good use of ANYONE’S time?

Last edited:
Wow, that's lame. Trying to boost his follower count farther?

What is that, exactly? Kind of scared to ask!

No! Good lord you anti Elon types... Always trying to malign his good name.

Look, there's a reasonable explanation for this. ‘Something is wrong’: Elon Musk makes Twitter account private

See? Elon doesn't know how his 44 billion dollar social media company actually works and he's likely fired everyone who could tell him. So he's very publicly mashing all the buttons to see what they do.

But I'm sure you Elon haters will try to find a way to spin this to make it look like he's completely incompetent.

Light of consciousness is in jeopardy.
1675283795973.jpeg

Nothing. It has to do with the account used to make Twitter announcements by the Twitter CEO promising transparency.
This has nothing to do with transparency.

For some reason Elon has chosen to do some Twitter code debug in public at the behest of some of his followers.

Rather than just a cursory “we’ll look into this” he seems to be trying to verify the claim.

I guess he thinks his engineers won’t believe him unless he can show them what happened to engagement on a Tweet when an account is made private?

It’s all very odd.

There seems to be continuous mystery and intrigue around shadow banning. It’s very odd! Who wants their Tweets seen, anyway??? Seems highly undesirable. This isn’t high school! I don’t know why anyone cares.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
This has nothing to do with transparency.

For some reason Elon has chosen to do some Twitter code debug in public at the behest of some of his followers.

Rather than just a cursory “we’ll look into this” he seems to be trying to verify the claim.

I guess he thinks his engineers won’t believe him unless he can show them what happened to engagement on a Tweet when an account is made private?

It’s all very odd.

There seems to be continuous mystery and intrigue around shadow banning. It’s very odd! Who wants their Tweets seen, anyway??? Seems highly undesirable. This isn’t high school! I don’t know why anyone cares.

Right, I just read that this is just a 1-day test. Actually probably in favor of transparency.
Of course, you can't see that tweet as long as it he is making the test, without logging in.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Status
Not open for further replies.