Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You do remember that Tesla had record high inventory levels near the end of last year and offered incentives and price cuts, right?

And your point? You do remember that every auto manuf in the world had inventory and price reductions (through their dealers)?

You are trying to conflate a macro problem and make it Tesla specific.

Also, those "inventory" levels were mostly cars on ships as part of smoothing out the delivery wave.

Tesla sales GREW in 2022, almost all other manufs DROPPED. And NONE grew by remotely close to the 77% in the USA that Tesla did.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Also, those "inventory" levels were mostly cars on ships as part of smoothing out the delivery wave.
I'm talking about inventory listed as for sale by Tesla.
Tesla sales GREW in 2022, almost all other manufs DROPPED. And NONE grew by remotely close to the 77% in the USA that Tesla did.
And to do that Tesla had to offer incentives and price cuts. Of course there were macro issues but that doesn't mean the micro issue of Elon had no effect.

And to do that Tesla had to offer incentives and price cuts. Of course there were macro issues but that doesn't mean the micro issue of Elon had no effect.

AGAIN - you seem to want to conflate an industry-wide issue, price erosion due to a recession, as a Tesla specific problem. THAT IS FALSE.

Additionally, the price cuts still didn't get us back to even early 2021 price levels. It's not like there was a "fire sale" on Teslas.

EVERY company selling cars lowered prices at the end of 2022. They were just "dealer incentives" and other specials. Games that Tesla doesn't play because they are direct to consumer.

Back to Elon and Twitter.

So Twitter changed their own policy after the president violated it in order to potentially accommodate his tweet?” asked Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Democrat of New York and the highest-profile member of the Squad. “Yes,” Ms. Navaroli replied. Ms. Ocasio-Cortez responded, “So much for bias against right wing on Twitter.”

Ms. Navaroli testified that she was at her “wit’s end” when Twitter executives refused to intervene as Mr. Trump’s rhetoric was escalating before Jan. 6. Her team created a “Coded Incitement to Violence” policy to censor accounts, but Twitter executives declined to approve it, she said.

Other former Twitter employees also had their personal information shared online during the release of the Twitter Files, Mr. Roth said, leading to more harassment. “Those are the consequences of this kind of harassment and speech,” he said.

JRP3 At this point I’ve pretty much determined that no amount of fact, rational explanation etc is worth the effort to type on this thread.
There’s no magic to the mechanisms at work. Here’s about the first thing I grabbed off the interwebs:

"What are some potential dangers of hero worship?
The danger is that we can become so emotionally and psychologically invested in them that we lose all perspective regarding their faults. At that point, our hero worship becomes part of the problem. It can serve to enable misbehavior while we overlook, ignore, dismiss, or excuse bad actions."

"What are some potential dangers of hero worship?
The danger is that we can become so emotionally and psychologically invested in them that we lose all perspective regarding their faults. At that point, our hero worship becomes part of the problem. It can serve to enable misbehavior while we overlook, ignore, dismiss, or excuse bad actions."
Yknow, I’ve noticed this exact worship behaviour surrounding a certain individual and his quislings.

Doesn’t make EM seem so bad, the difference is objective folks can point out legitimate flaws constructively rather than feigning outrage at every splinter whether imagined or not.

This presupposes there was any actual problem with his management of Tesla, which by and large was fine till he went off on his Twitter political crusade. Now he's STILL making the decisions at Tesla, while sleep deprived and irate that everyone is laughing at the circus his "free speech absolutism" has turned into the exact opposite
That's the subject of my latest painting which can be viewed in my profile pic.

• Informative
Just watched this show where someone said everything that isn't illegal should be allowed on Twitter.
That means it's either "free" or subject to law enforcement. To me that seems like a bad idea.
There should be contexts where people get moderated before crossing that big line.
Where they learn that they can't say just anything in public. Especially young people.

Also, how is that to work then, would law enforcement conduct the "moderation" by monitoring everything and having people pay fines?
That would probably require a lot of law enforcement.
Or would there be a gray area where people say something that is recognized as illegal by Twitter, but then law enforcement ignores most of it?
Would Twitter tell someone: "You did something illegal, but we aren't going to tell the police about it." ?
or would it say: "You did something illegal, and law enforcement was informed." ?

I think platforms need to have rules above legality, but be transparent about it, also so that people can decide which platform to join regarding that.
The alternative is for elected politicians to decide additional rules for moderation, and place the burden of enforcing these rules on the platform.
Would platforms prefer that? Is that more democratic? Would you need different laws that describe minimal moderation, and laws that describe maximal moderation? Would they depend on the number of members?

The alternative is for elected politicians to decide additional rules for moderation, and place the burden of enforcing these rules on the platform.

E566AD5F-429C-4486-B20A-14C98081576D.jpeg

Reactions: philw1776
Dude voted with his feet. He was reading this thread, and saw the light.
I bet he probably just has more money than he needs for multiple lifetimes and wants to work on something more fun than FSD.
Elon recently unfollowed his brother and Grimes (the mother of a couple of his children). Not sure what to make of it but he seems to be becoming more insular.

I bet he probably just has more money than he needs for multiple lifetimes and wants to work on something more fun than FSD.
Elon recently unfollowed his brother and Grimes (the mother of a couple of his children). Not sure what to make of it but he seems to be becoming more insular.
He’ll be ok. He still has Catturd... they are holed up in a suite at the Bellagio in Vegas. Empty milk bottles are piling up outside and room service is delivering a steady stream of Erector sets around the clock.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.