Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say they helped. MY POINT was you have an EXTREMELY left-leaning group in this thread that thinks his antics are destroying Tesla and will cause Tesla sales to crater. THAT NARRATIVE is flat out false.

The HARD DATA is that Tesla grew in sales in 2022, and even Q4 2022, more than any other automaker in all of California. And that in a very left-leaning state. That's just the cold hard facts.

They either just don't matter, or the matter to so few people that it's not material on sales.

According to the Q4 conference call, they were booking sales at twice their production rate. There is no "demand problem".

EDIT - top 2 selling vehicles in California.
I’m not sure “destroying Tesla” is what people have been saying, really. Harming Tesla, yes. That’s irrefutable. How much is probably not measurable so now people get to make wild claims on both sides if they want, using things like the especially-irrelevant current and recent demand, which is in great part driven by the tax credits etc.
In six months, the picture will be somewhat different.
Regardless, he is harming Tesla, especially with the ongoing erosion to the brand that weakens the company in the face of rising competition, no wiggling off the hook there.

Last edited:
Reactions: B@ndit
I’m not sure “destroying Tesla” is what people have been saying, really. Harming Tesla, yes. That’s irrefutable. How much is probably not measurable so now people get to make wild claims on both sides if they want, using things like the especially-irrelevant current and recent demand, which is in great part driven by the tax credits etc.
Regardless, he is harming Tesla, especially with the ongoing erosion to the brand that weakens the company in the face of rising competition, no wiggling off the hook there.

As on many things, we'll agree to disagree then. Because there is no middle ground I'm meeting you on here. When the rubber hits the road, the only thing that matters is SALES. And sales are drastically up. Tesla is also the only US-based company that can produce AT SCALE. So even if the IRA helps Ford, GM, etc. out, it helps Tesla more.

What's my point? Elon's antics haven't put people off to the brand enough that they walk away. Just like VW and Porsche being founded by (literal) Nazis hasn't pushed their customers off.

When push comes to shove, it comes down to very little but $$$$. And right now in the USA, a Tesla is the best bang for your buck EV there is, all things considered (charging network, range, features).

Everything else is a bunch of tribalism, on both sides (anti-Elon and pro-Elon tribes). As an investor, I look past the BS and to what the company actually is doing, and what it is doing is unmatched by anyone.

As on many things, we'll agree to disagree then. Because there is no middle ground I'm meeting you on here. When the rubber hits the road, the only thing that matters is SALES.
Actually no. You could have a company that's doubling sales every 12 months but if all of its peers are quadrupling sales every 12 months, that company is doing poorly. And the CEO is probably going to get fired.

It stops him from micromanaging Tesla. :p

This presupposes there was any actual problem with his management of Tesla, which by and large was fine till he went off on his Twitter political crusade. Now he's STILL making the decisions at Tesla, while sleep deprived and irate that everyone is laughing at the circus his "free speech absolutism" has turned into the exact opposite

Reactions: GeoX750 and JRP3
Actually no. You could have a company that's doubling sales every 12 months but if all of its peers are quadrupling sales every 12 months, that company is doing poorly. And the CEO is probably going to get fired.

And yet even with that theoretical argument, when you look at FACTS - everyone else can barely be seen with a telescope behind Tesla.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Even if sales were going down, that in itself wouldn't prove that it is a twitter/politics related problem.
Tesla is currently well positioned such that sales would have a hard time going down because of marketing problems of this kind.
However the the situation is very dynamic, and introducing new products requiring large investments can cause problems even with increasing sales.

Tesla won't remain well positioned automatically. That it remains to be so, with competition waking up, is the challenge. Not the current sales figures.

And yet even with that theoretical argument, when you look at FACTS - everyone else can barely be seen with a telescope behind Tesla.
More straw man. No one here is saying the completion is level yet.
They haven’t closed the gap, but its true that Elon having his eye off the ball has to be helping them narrow it.

Michael Cohen went to prison for it recently. As far as I know the law hasn’t changed.
Did someone perjure themselves today?

It’s weird the Elon left this revelation out of the Twitter files. I wonder when he’s going to release them all like he promised?

I can’t wait for Musk to release these files. He will release them, right?

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Lays Out How Twitter Changed Its Own Rule To Accommodate Trump

“My team made the recommendation that for the first time, we find Donald Trump in violation of Twitter’s policies,” Navaroli told Ocasio-Cortez.
Navaroli said that she brought up Trump’s violation with Del Harvey, who was then vice president of trust and safety at Twitter.
“And she overrode your assessment, didn’t she?” Ocasio-Cortez asked Navaroli.
“Yes, she did,” Navaroli said.
Afterward, Twitter changed its policy, Navaroli said.
“That trope, ‘go back where you came from,’ was removed from the content moderation guidance as an example,” Navaroli said.
“So Twitter changed their own policy after the president violated it in order to potentially accommodate this tweet?” Ocasio-Cortez asked.

“Yes,” Navaroli confirmed.
“Thank you,” Ocasio-Cortez said. “So much for bias against the right-wing on Twitter.”

Hmm, an actual first amendment violation is being alleged but none of the free speech warriors seem to care.

Prediction: Free Speech and 1st amendment fanatic Elon will do a deep dive into this as part of his "Twitter Papers" dump: NEVER. Because it was never about that, it was about helping his tribal politics which this doesn't favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.