Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So… clearly Elon is not on Ukraine’s side.
10E1C8B8-97D0-4038-9213-6B9095E90DA3.jpeg

We left that boneyard in the middle of the night like we were avoiding rent. A goddamned embarrassment.

At least we had the decency to leave Vietnam under the light of day.
"avoiding rent. A goddamned embarrassment"

Such as not paying rent on offices, or air flight bills, or severance pay, or locking up the API without letting anyone know.

"avoiding rent. A goddamned embarrassment"

Such as not paying rent on offices, or air flight bills, or severance pay, or locking up the API without letting anyone know.

Siri, what is a private company?

I seem to remember that line being thrown around by folks before EM bought the blue albatross.

I guess that only applies when one likes what they’re doing though right? 🙃

• Disagree
Reactions: B@ndit
Was it an intentional derailment?
Not that I know. A meme suggesting her silence about these events would show that she is selective in her attempts to protect the environment, implying that therefore her position lacks integrity. As if she could do something about train accidents that she isn't. Just random nonsense on Twitter.

Last edited:
Siri, what is a private company?

I seem to remember that line being thrown around by folks before EM bought the blue albatross.

I guess that only applies when one likes what they’re doing though right? 🙃
I don’t remember anyone saying that Twitter 1.0 shouldn’t have to at its bills….
So… clearly Elon is not on Ukraine’s side. View attachment 906931
Maybe he should explain what he thinks is propaganda or BS? I feel like he just wants to be a troll.
He could just say that he doesn’t want Starlink to be used to make weapons. That would at least be a defensible position. Though I wonder if the military version, Starshield, will be used to make weapons.

Reactions: B@ndit and SO16
I don’t remember anyone saying that Twitter 1.0 shouldn’t have to at its bills….

Maybe he should explain what he thinks is propaganda or BS? I feel like he just wants to be a troll.
He could just say that he doesn’t want Starlink to be used to make weapons. That would at least be a defensible position. Though I wonder if the military version, Starshield, will be used to make weapons.

The military version... Ahh there's the grift. Provide them with the same box, maybe a nicer case and charge 10x the price. I can't really blame Elon. It's pretty standard practice to soak the taxpayers with such scams.

The military version... Ahh there's the grift. Provide them with the same box, maybe a nicer case and charge 10x the price. I can't really blame Elon. It's pretty standard practice to soak the taxpayers with such scams.
Is starshield a future version? I thought I already read he was loosing $5k/mo per box in Ukraine. But he charges $50-100 to the public here. Or are these different?

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Is starshield a future version? I thought I already read he was loosing $5k/mo per box in Ukraine. But he charges $50-100 to the public here. Or are these different?
$4500 per month is the retail cost that Starlink tried to charge the DOD for every single terminal back when they tried to threaten to cut off access. Those terminals were signed up for the $500 per month tier service. The actual costs are going to be lower than that $4500, but we don't hear much about it. After the backlash, they gave up trying to charge that price.

You can do a rough estimate of the costs by Elon saying by October they had spent $80M on Ukraine's service, and by then they had 20k terminals, so in that 7 months they spent about $80M / 7 / 20k = $571 per terminal. He also noted by end of the year they would spend over $100M, that works out to about $10M a month, which also works out to about $500 a terminal. No matter how you do the math the actual costs work out to about $500 per month per terminal, which makes sense given that was the tier Ukraine was signed up for. It's easy to see why the DOD balked.

While it should be noted a private enterprise isn't necessarily obligated to do charity or sell at cost like a nonprofit, Elon was able to piggy back on a lot of good will, with a large part (if not the majority) of the terminals being funded by others.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.