Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They never present any evidence that the so-called MSM's reports are actually inaccurate, and that the conspiracy bloggers are accurate. And they also routinely use words like "woke" and "sleepy" to describe the same people in consecutive sentences and somehow manage to not see the contradiction.

Meanwhile there now so many profane conspiracy theorists and theories that some have to become true just by statistics of randomness.

Like the theories that someone got treated unfairly for whatever reason.

What's the saying about even stopped clocks being right twice a day?
Where there’s smoke, there’s fire.

If an institution of note (or several) go heavy handed in opposition mode and or most are propagating the same talking point verbatim, you’d better bet it deserves a closer look.

The cover is always more obvious than the act itself and their reaction betrays their intention.

Where there’s smoke, there’s fire.
Elon's mouth is where the smoke is coming from.
If an institution of note (or several) go heavy handed in opposition mode and or most are propagating the same talking point verbatim, you’d better bet it deserves a closer look.
Most physicists believe in the theory of relativity. Not because there's a conspiracy to push it, but because the experimental evidence points to it being true. There's still a lot of shame in getting facts wrong at any mainstream news outlet, therefore...

Hadn't he promised some new revealations via the "Twitter Files"? Did this happen and has just passed me by?
Seems he left out the part where #45's officials contacted Twitter, demanded that they remove a tweet critical of the former POTUS, and threatened them with regulation if they did not. If the "Twitter Files" are not going to include ALL information regarding government requests to take down tweets, what's the point?

Seems he left out the part where #45's officials contacted Twitter, demanded that they remove a tweet critical of the former POTUS, and threatened them with regulation if they did not. If the "Twitter Files" are not going to include ALL information regarding government requests to take down tweets, what's the point?
“but Voldemort…”

If true then pursue that as well. All anyone is asking for is fair and equal application of standards and practices.

Tw@tter 1.0 was anything but that and while 2.0 isn’t that much better yet, it’s at least closer to it.

Reactions: philw1776

I click on that tweet, and in the "More tweets" section half a page below that, the second one is rubbish from Andrew Tate, and after that lots of other silly tweets. I've recently seen more profane and stupid tweets than in my whole life before that, and it's getting worse. Much of it seems politically motivated (like one from DonaldTrumpJr or something), or people like Andrew Tate "educating" us on their wisdom.

“but Voldemort…”

If true then pursue that as well. All anyone is asking for is fair and equal application of standards and practices.

Tw@tter 1.0 was anything but that and while 2.0 isn’t that much better yet, it’s at least closer to it.
Social networks have a moral responsibility to take down stuff that is provably untrue. Of course, their only responsibility they are legally required to follow is their fiduciary responsibility to their shareholders, which is what the issue is, because provably untrue stuff is what drives engagement especially among people who are poorly educated. Which means that Congress has to ultimately fix the problem. Social networks have spent years lobbying Congress that they don't need regulation because they're capable of self regulating, but now Elon's basically even thrown the pretending to do that out the window.

I click on that tweet, and in the "More tweets" section half a page below that, the second one is rubbish from Andrew Tate, and after that lots of other silly tweets. I've recently seen more profane and stupid tweets than in my whole life before that, and it's getting worse. Much of it seems politically motivated (like one from DonaldTrumpJr or something), or people like Andrew Tate "educating" us on their wisdom.
Could be getting boosted inorganically, like pay for views. An interesting way to raise funds if it’s happening.

So what are the positive potential reasons for Elon getting together with Murdoch?

On second thoughts, forget about it; this is the last place I should have come for this...

Well it seems like a natural match to me. Both Elon and Murdoch are legendary philanthropists. Obviously they took some time to figure out how to make the world a better place. I think they're going to compare notes and come to the conclusion that this right wing fear mongering is hurting the US and to swear off identity politics and calling everything they don't like some woke mind virus. Beyond that I think we're going to see a 180 on their priorities. I think we're going to see them jointly commit to either pushing hard for a change to ranked choice voting in the US or, if their fortune permits it, funding single payer health care in America.

I don't understand your trepidation. Why would you assume that people would just give you a sarcastic answer?

So what are the positive potential reasons for Elon getting together with Murdoch?

On second thoughts, forget about it; this is the last place I should have come for this...
Okay, I'll go first:
  1. Not impossible Elisabeth Murdoch (taking interest in Elon on the clip) could be TWTR CEO
  2. Or dating Elon... She appears to be happily married
  3. Murdoch finalising TWTR ads deal
  4. DeSantis collusion (is Murdoch pro DeSantis? - maybe Elon was convincing him to back him?)

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Social networks have a moral responsibility to take down stuff that is provably untrue. Of course, their only responsibility they are legally required to follow is their fiduciary responsibility to their shareholders, which is what the issue is, because provably untrue stuff is what drives engagement especially among people who are poorly educated. Which means that Congress has to ultimately fix the problem. Social networks have spent years lobbying Congress that they don't need regulation because they're capable of self regulating, but now Elon's basically even thrown the pretending to do that out the window.
No.

I think the best way is to have community notes debunk the claim like twitter is trying to do. They just need to have the community note show up in the feed of everyone who VIEWED the original. Not just liked or retweeted it.

This way everyone can see the full context. The other methods just sew distrust in who is moderating it.

Do you know the "News of the World"? It was a newspaper that was first published in 1843 and in 2011 it was the UK's bestselling Sunday daily with a circulation of ca. 2.6 million.
In 2011 it had to be abruptly closed down, because it was involved in numerous scandals, most notably illegal wiretapping. To quote from Wikipedia:

From 2006, allegations of phone hacking began to engulf the newspaper. These culminated in the revelation on 4 July 2011 that, nearly a decade earlier, a private investigator hired by the newspaper had intercepted the voicemail of missing British teenager Milly Dowler, who was later found murdered.

The British didn't take kindly to that.
It was obviously owned by Rupert Murdoch. Believe me, Murdoch can teach anyone how to run a business into the ground with unethical actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.