Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what are the positive potential reasons for Elon getting together with Murdoch?

On second thoughts, forget about it; this is the last place I should have come for this...
Positive for who? haha.
Maybe Elon is working to fix the press.

A while back Kara Swisher was hypothesizing that Elon's plan is to create a competitor to Fox News. Maybe he's looking for some sort of partnership with Murdoch instead?

No.

I think the best way is to have community notes debunk the claim like twitter is trying to do. They just need to have the community note show up in the feed of everyone who VIEWED the original. Not just liked or retweeted it.

This way everyone can see the full context. The other methods just sew distrust in who is moderating it.
Interesting idea. Just how would you go about implementing this, given that when I view tweets, Twitter has no idea who I am nor how to reach me in the future, because I haven't logged into the site in years? And how do you implement a system that lets people who work in a certain field have high weight when it comes to debunking claims in that category while not having very much weight when it comes to debunking claims in other fields? A dentist, for example, should be able to debunk conspiracy theories about dentistry but shouldn't have much weight when it comes to debunking claims about computer security.

Yes I did click on it, no community notes on my Windows laptop but they are there now on my Windows PC. Strange.
This is what I see…

Attachments

• 28D6266E-AE7B-496E-904E-0FD7533EF764.png
    28D6266E-AE7B-496E-904E-0FD7533EF764.png
    375 KB · Views: 69
Interesting idea. Just how would you go about implementing this, given that when I view tweets, Twitter has no idea who I am nor how to reach me in the future, because I haven't logged into the site in years? And how do you implement a system that lets people who work in a certain field have high weight when it comes to debunking claims in that category while not having very much weight when it comes to debunking claims in other fields? A dentist, for example, should be able to debunk conspiracy theories about dentistry but shouldn't have much weight when it comes to debunking claims about computer security.
1. I guess it can’t work if you don’t login. But the community note should show on the original location you viewed it (Ie an article) if possible. it’s not 100% perfect but it’s a start.

2. For “weighted” information, good question. But if the community note is found to be wrong and down voted, remove their ability to add community notes. Others can post rebuttals. And community notes also typically link sources for the rebuttal which “should” help depending on the quality of the source.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Just saw Joe Rogan ask why Trump got banned from Twitter if even the Taliban "is on there".

Well, if the Jan 6th demonstration had been a Taliban demonstration with similar results, the Taliban would get banned faster than the speed of light and nobody would complain about it.
I can’t remember the last time a Voldemort supporter dismembered someone alive on video and posted it online.

Drug Cartels and the Taliban do it regularly and don’t get banned. But you know, priorities… 🤡

We left that boneyard in the middle of the night like we were avoiding rent. A goddamned embarrassment.

At least we had the decency to leave Vietnam under the light of day.

All that has nothing to do with the fact that if they were conducting such demos in the US and some of their followers would then invade congress, they would get banned immediately, by law if necessary.

All that has nothing to do with the fact that if they were conducting such demos in the US and some of their followers would then invade congress, they would get banned immediately, by law if necessary.
I forgot, “demonstrations” are only allowed by masked pansies in black bloc and or pink vulva shaped hats.

My bad bro. 🤭

• Disagree
Reactions: B@ndit
Positive for who? haha.
Maybe Elon is working to fix the press.

A while back Kara Swisher was hypothesizing that Elon's plan is to create a competitor to Fox News. Maybe he's looking for some sort of partnership with Murdoch instead?

Isn't it ironic that Elon is bashing "the press" while hanging out with one of the biggest media owners / influencers in the world?

Edit: I should also add that many of the so-called "news" organizations owned by the Murdochs aren't much more than tabloids at best.

1676326844765.png

BTW, highly recommend watching the video that I snipped this picture from:

Status
Not open for further replies.