Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Twitter Scraps ‘Government-Funded’ Labels on News Outlets—Including in China

Even accounts for China’s Xinhua News and Russia’s RT no longer appear to be labeled—a move welcomed by Tiananmen-protester-turned-Beijing-propagandist Hu Xijin, a commentator with the Chinese Communist Party’s Global Times newspaper. “I support Twitter’s removal of all ‘State-affiliated media’ labels,” Hu wrote in a tweet that was later deleted.

The crassness and cheapness of these spoiled rich celebrates throwing tantrums to pay $8 - the equivalent of the price of a cup of coffee - for a platform that needs subscriptions for its survival and the one that gives them enormous reach into their subscriber base - is just plain nauseating.

These vermins would rather see the platfrom implode due to financial strain rather than pay $8. Cheap, cheap cheap.

Do you pay for Twitter?

• Funny
Reactions: DrGriz and JRP3
Is Elon a spiritual warrior?

Demons be gone: meeting America’s new exorcists

Most spiritual warriors preach the idea that demons occupy “strategic” places and institutions, such as school boards and, of course, the Democratic party. Not Brother Mike. Instead, he focuses on the evil spirits inside the individual.The concept of spiritual warfare was brought back to the US by the late prominent theologian C Peter Wagner after his time as a missionary in Latin America. Wagner is the godfather of the Neocharismatic Pentecostal movement, which kicked off in the 1980s and claims to use the powers of the Holy Spirit to take on the darkness, transforming Earth into God’s kingdom as we move towards the End Times.

Because Elon just keeps bringing it up? Woke being the most important thing in humanity and NOTHING (my caps) matters? Prosecute/Fauci?

Get it?

Elon has 100+ million followers, anything is going to amplified when someone with 100+ million followers tweets it. Blame Musk I say if you're upset with it. It's mostly all his doing.
When you make fun of people in incredibly stupid ways like that, it comes back at you:

SpaceX Starship Pronouns.jpeg

Nah, but someone saw a reason to try to troll Elon over his use of two words that aren't even valid pronouns by using two more words that aren't even valid pronouns. The follow-up tweet wouldn't even be funny (or even exist in the first place) if not for the first.
It just occurred to me that I should not be surprised at all that Twitter is a trolling joke.

The development of the human race which led to this thread is something like this:

1. For thousands of years, the vast majority of humans were illiterate. For much of that time, after writing was invented, the ability to write was tightly controlled. I mean, people always want to control others, but for thousands of years it wasn't just written language, it was the ability to even learn it.

2. The, the printing press. But that doesn't immediately lead to mass knowledge, becuase (1) you still need to learn to read, and (2) just being able to read is not enough, you need to learn to comprehend. It turns out that (2) is more important that (1).

3. Radio, and then, TV are invented. Because reading and comprehension are difficult, there is a premium on acting and presentation. More people can be reached, instantly, but its not an improvement because people broadcasting are still assholes. We have two massive World Wars after this invention, and neither Radio nor TV are used to avoid either.

4. The internet is invented. Because of the ability to research, comprehension (2) is more accessable than at any time in human history.

Sadly, just because comprehension is more accessible, doesn't mean people are magically any better at it. That's it in a sentence.

Plus, people are still assholes, whether they have good comprehension or bad comprehension.

Plus, people still want to take advantage of others.

So, we made it this far, we will probably muddle through. We won't take full advantage of the internet though.

Its too easy to use the internet to be a jackass, basically.

• Funny
Reactions: brkaus and DrGriz
The crassness and cheapness of these spoiled rich celebrates throwing tantrums to pay $8 - the equivalent of the price of a cup of coffee - for a platform that needs subscriptions for its survival and the one that gives them enormous reach into their subscriber base - is just plain nauseating.

These vermins would rather see the platfrom implode due to financial strain rather than pay $8. Cheap, cheap cheap.
Isn’t it completely voluntary to use twitter?

Sadly, just because comprehension is more accessible, doesn't mean people are magically any better at it. That's it in a sentence.

Plus, people are still assholes, whether they have good comprehension or bad comprehension.

Plus, people still want to take advantage of others.

So, we made it this far, we will probably muddle through. We won't take full advantage of the internet though.

Its too easy to use the internet to be a jackass, basically.

I've had a similar thought for a long time. People haven't really changed. The person today is not any more highly evolved than the person born a 100 years ago, 1,000, or 5,000 years ago. Our technology has changed, yes. Our accumulated facts have increased, yes. But people are still the same people. Same thoughts, same emotions. I'm not saying that is good or bad, though we typically think of the past as being more primitive than now.

Status
Not open for further replies.