Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The POINT is that BOTH SCENARIOS require congressional approval. They may be different cases, but they require essentially the same "approval". New state from new land (DC, PR), or new states from existing states, both require an act of congress authorized by the constitution.

1) DC, PR - have to come up with a state constitution and the residents accept (vote) it. Then joint resolution of Congress has to be passed to accept the state.

2) Split a state - as mentioned above, via Article IV, Section 3 of the Constitution. Requires . . . guess what . . . a joint resolution of Congress be passed.
We were talking about "why" someone would support statehood and you suggested Democrats would support it because it could give them additional votes in the Senate. I said "why" a person or a political side supports it doesn't matter, what matters is whether it will do the people living there any good and if the people are in favor of it.

But now you've changed it to "how" a region becomes a state. And that wasn't the topic of the discussion.

Reactions: B@ndit
Wow that is one BIG paywall. And people complain about $8 a month

1683176122620.png

Reactions: bkp_duke
Wow that is one BIG paywall. And people complain about $8 a month

View attachment 934423
One provides readers access to original content. The other allows a user to write longer posts and artificially promotes their posts. So, Twitter is actually charging content providers while news organizations are charging customers for content. Those are very different situations. Plus, perhaps people aren’t paying $8 because they don’t see value in what it gets them.

“You suck” is the new 💩

Is this really the maturity level of a 50 year old or a 10 year old?

NPR’s Twitter Boycott Seems to Really Be Getting Under Elon Musk’s Skin
For the three outlets, dealing with the platform’s erratic owner is seemingly more trouble than it is worth. After all, Twitter is not a major driver of web traffic in the media industry, unlike its Big Tech peers Facebook and Google.
Musk’s shoddy management is perhaps best exemplified by the chaos surrounding Twitter Blue, a pay-to-play verification service that he touted as a massive revenue source. It has instead angered advertisers, caused high-profile users to leave, and resulted in paltry profits.

I suspect we will be seeing a lot of this with Elon’s idiotic API pricing. This hurts for Twitter. I believe it is something like 40% of ALL websites are running on wordpress.

Elon is so out of his depth. I give it a few years and Twitter will be in the same boat as myspace.

Remember how the tv character Fred Sanford would ignore bills by stuffing them back into his mail box? Somewhere at Twitter, those emailed bills are being marked as unread and then ignored. 😁

Twitter responded to unpaid bill emails with automated bot: report

Last month, her company was one of four that filed a joint lawsuit against Twitter seeking a total of $230,000 in unpaid bills. Per the lawsuit, the captioning was used to hel [sic] deaf and hard of hearing employees and for other Twitter workers for whom English was not their first language .
White Coat Captioning alleges it's owed nearly $42,000 – an amount Miller said was significant for "a small company like mine."

I suspect we will be seeing a lot of this with Elon’s idiotic API pricing. This hurts for Twitter. I believe it is something like 40% of ALL websites are running on wordpress.

Elon is so out of his depth. I give it a few years and Twitter will be in the same boat as myspace.

Wow, the article reports it is 43% of websites and will affect hundreds of millions of sites!

The company is clear that this will only affect Twitter. Automattic states that WordPress users will still be able to utilize Jetpack's social features as they did before with platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn, and Tumblr. In addition, the company stated that its planning on adding Instagram and decentralized Twitter competitor Mastodon to Jetpack Social in the "near future."

Farther down in the article:

“When it comes specifically to Twitter, 120,000 active websites shared over 4.3 million blog posts to Twitter each month via Jetpack Social before the API change was implemented.”

Still not good but 120k sites is far from 43% of all sites. The price hike is too high though.

As far as gone in a few years like Mashable, unlikely. Changes can happen pretty quickly when needed. But we shall see.

Reactions: italian bread
Still not good but 120k sites is far from 43% of all sites. The price hike is too high though.
You’re confusing two different metrics. 43% is the number of websites across the web running on WordPress. Of those 43% apparently 120k we’re running this social media plugin and actively interfacing with Twitter.

Also, regardless of those numbers, this is just one plugin on one piece of software. Based on those API prices this is the first of many that will be dropping Twitter.

You’re confusing two different metrics. 43% is the number of websites across the web running on WordPress. Of those 43% apparently 120k we’re running this social media plugin and actively interfacing with Twitter.

Also, regardless of those numbers, this is just one plugin on one piece of software. Based on those API prices this is the first of many that will be dropping Twitter.
I don’t think I’m confused. (But I’ve been wrong before.) Your original post and article headline made it sound like 40% of all websites were going to stop interacting with twitter.

Per that article, there are 43% of 1.13 billion websites running Wordpress.

There are 120k sites running that plug-in calling a twitter api. A very small amount in the grand scheme of things.

Still not good and yes I also believe there will be others.

Last edited:
1683207955583.png

This is beyond parody…threatening to reassign a legitimate media organization’s handle to what would have to be an imposter.
This is no way to run a business. Not even a corner store.
It’s basically extortion.
Your “customer” is unhappy but instead of working with them to get them back in the fold or at least saying ok, I understand, but we’re just going to have to part ways….. you threaten then.
He’s going to be the dunce in business school case studies for a century.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.