Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elon just said in this interview that if the Twitter deal goes through, he(and Jack) agree to let Trump back on. Elon reasons that we need everyone in one place to bounce off each other's ideas. Now, normally I would agree, but we've got half the nation that only sees what Trump tells them and we had an attack on this nation from within from those supporters. The best thing to do is stomp out the flame before it gets too big. Elon seems to think people have more drive to educate themselves than they do and perhaps doesn't want to see what types of voters support Trump? Elon's solution would not work in this situation.

Same fundamental problem as like 30 pages ago.

Elon is like James Holden from The Expanse, he naively thinks if you just give people as much info as possible they will rationally evaluate it, properly determine what is accurate and what is not, and reach reasonable conclusions as a result, including compromises where they are needed.

Which may well be exactly how Elon thinks, but is not really not how humans work in general.

Elon just said in this interview that if the Twitter deal goes through, he(and Jack) agree to let Trump back on. Elon reasons that we need everyone in one place to bounce off each other's ideas. Now, normally I would agree, but we've got half the nation that only sees what Trump tells them and we had an attack on this nation from within from those supporters. The best thing to do is stomp out the flame before it gets too big. Elon seems to think people have more drive to educate themselves than they do and perhaps doesn't want to see what types of voters support Trump? Elon's solution would not work in this situation.

One mistake is ... they aren’t ideas.

L.
Dude, if Ritter is your example for this case you’re trying to make, you need to move along.
Ritter is a convicted sex criminal -- one of the many charges was unlawful conduct with a minor” -- and he was married to a suspected KGB agent and the tweet he was tossed for recently looked a LOT like propaganda for Putin.
He said basically Ukraine was responsible for the slaughter of hundreds of Ukrainian citizens in Bucha as a false flag to blame on Russia ...and called Biden a war criminal for backing Ukraine on this.
Great example of the kind of thing that needs to be blocked off Twitter. Please don’t compound his corrosive hogwash by citing him here.
But see, I have no problem with Ritter being on Twitter. He's neither anonymous nor a bot. If he wants to sling crazy stuff, at least there's some context. It's his reputation that will dictate his credibility.

Reactions: Rarity and bkp_duke
haha, I like this reply....it's already a poop storm on the platform....good luck Elon, good luck!

If Trump did commit treason, why is he not being tried ?

You can’t have it both ways.

Anyway, Twitter was a complete cop out. Only after he lost the election did they ban him. He called for violence against blacks/POC almost daily. They should have banned him then, rather than make exception to government officials.

As to the interview today.

I really don’t like Trump.
I don’t love Elon playing in this space.
I don’t expect Elon to succeed on this [can’t believe I just said those words].

However his explanation and discussion around the Trump situation made me somewhat more comfortable with this whole thing.

As an aside, as someone on the left, I always thought Trump off Twitter was more harm than good for my side.

Dude, if Ritter is your example for this case you’re trying to make, you need to move along.
Ritter is a convicted sex criminal -- one of the many charges was unlawful conduct with a minor” -- and he was married to a suspected KGB agent and the tweet he was tossed for recently looked a LOT like propaganda for Putin.
He said basically Ukraine was responsible for the slaughter of hundreds of Ukrainian citizens in Bucha as a false flag to blame on Russia ...and called Biden a war criminal for backing Ukraine on this.
Great example of the kind of thing that needs to be blocked off Twitter. Please don’t compound his corrosive hogwash by citing him here.
I see. It's "censorship for thee... but not for me" as far as you're concerned.

He isn't the only one who documented the Bucha false flag operation. It's widely reported in the independent news. You know... the news that doesn't say+do exactly what the U.S. Government wants. Many sites reporting independently of the U.S. Government's "guidelines" get censored off of networks like Twitter. (Meanwhile we are funnelling billions of dollars of our future taxes away from the USA towards foreign countries in the hopes of escalating violence+bloodshed... and the establishment media does not complain, they celebrate it!) This is the dissent that EM refers to.

Last edited:

Re: "half the nation..." Trump had 32million followers which is right around 10% of the U.S. population (assuming no-one outside the USA followed his account)

I only see two ways this ends up going: Either Elon turns Twitter into 4chan - a cesspool of "free speech" that includes every worst extremist in the human population because we've already tested what kind of material floats to the top when you take the path of "free speech absolutism".

OR

Elon picks and chooses which types and celebrities get to have absolute-free-speech, while excluding others.

Neither outcome is good for humanity, the bottom line of twitter, or Elon himself who will be wading into this quagmire. It's like starting a land war in Asia - NO ONE should want to try and be the great arbiter of free speech online. It sucks as a job. There are only bad answers, and worse answers.

I was talking about voters, not Twitter followers....
Well don't besmirch Americans by saying "half the nation" if you're only talking about GOP voters. More voters didn't vote at all than vote for either of the two evils. There are a lot of Americans who didn't vote because they couldn't register, couldn't get to the polling location when it was open, votes got thrown out, etc. etc. (voter suppression)

331million U.S. population
231million U.S. eligible voters
168million registered to vote
154million voted in November 2020
74 million GOP voters (https://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/national.php)

Trump's account had 32million followers

%?? U.S. humans who voted GOP in November 2020
%?? U.S. humans who voted DNC+other in November 2020
%?? U.S. humans who didn't vote
%?? non-U.S. humans
%?? twitter software bot accounts

I invite you to fill in those question marks, but it all adds up to (32/74) 43% of the total number of GOP voters.

I think Trump got extra reach via ratings-driven cable TV and other media coverage of his tweets. Looks like "half the nation" is rather generous phrasing, since he got voted out after one term.

I really do think that the "spectre of Trump coming back to Twitter" is overblown. Even if he does start tweeting, I don't believe it will have the same traction it used to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.