Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretending only nerds know about the internet is very 1996. It's the primary social interaction most people have on a daily basis. You're deluding yourself if you think his tweets aren't tremendously seen. Every tweet he makes is seen by literally millions of people, and retweeted / shared / linked by millions more.
Same people who dismiss the crazy stuff will say that Elon’s Twitter is the single biggest asset, a driver of sales and product innovation.

This is probably the most disappointed I've been in something that Elon's tweeted. As investors I feel like we understand his psychology a bit more than the average person, and I get the feeling that when he says "tiny possibility" he means "non-zero chance" in a statistical sense, and he's trying to accomplish something like demonstrating that "both sides" of a narrative can be seen on Twitter now.

wishful thinking. i understand the point you're making, but it's not credible.

What happened to “their private company”?

I don't get your point. Yes, Twitter is a private company, and Elon is free to post anything that isn't illegal. But that doesn't mean he is free from the consequences of his words.

I never said Elon should be censored. I said I hope he realizes that he's amplifying objective falsehoods, and takes personal responsibility for informing people that he was mistaken.

Chief Twit needs to employ some people who parse through the facts, rather than tweet based on a "tiny/iota" of likely false info and on a whim.

Seems he enjoys getting into controversies.

Being good engineer/nerd and richest man on earth doesn't mean you are good at everything... the guy got assaulted and is in the fkn hospital for heaven's sake .. even as a fan boi I can't defend this stupid *sugar* ...

Last edited:
Agreed. Talk about the "Twitter overhang" being over is premature. And I'm beginning to think that the overhang is really whether or not potential numbers of new customers will be able to keep up with those who now, and increasingly "would never buy a Tesla" because of Elon's increasingly hateful, unhinged tweeting. It's getting so I can't even talk to my friends about Tesla. "I would never buy a car from that guy" is what I increasingly hear. The unforced errors pile up and the situation looks to get worse, not better with the acquisition. It's hard seeing someone I so admired falling so far, so fast.

Agreed.

Holy freaking FSM....where is the upside to a tweet like this?
I don't care if a tiny little part is true. I don't care if Nancy's husband is gay.

To me, this is the biggest fault with twitter and Elon.

WE DON'T NEED TO COMMENT ON EVERYTHING!

If this was a gay fling gone wrong, that is between Nancy and Paul and unfortunately now also the police.
If it was a nut job attacker, that is also between the Pelosi's and the police.

When the truth come out, then if one wants to comment, go ahead.

The desire to "make political hay" out of everything is poison.

I wouldn't overestimate the number of Americans that are apolitical. As someone who lives around DC, I don't understand them, but I've met a lot of people that simply don't care. There will be a small number of people that chose not to buy a Tesla based on Elon's tweets, but it will be offset by a small number that will consider buying one just because of them.

That, and I don't think any serious investment banks will base their investments in TSLA on Elon's popularity. If their models show upside, they'll continue to invest. After all, they've continued to invest in oil.

Holy freaking FSM....where is the upside to a tweet like this?
I don't care if a tiny little part is true. I don't care if Nancy's husband is gay.

To me, this is the biggest fault with twitter and Elon.

WE DON'T NEED TO COMMENT ON EVERYTHING!

If this was a gay fling gone wrong, that is between Nancy and Paul and unfortunately now also the police.
If it was a nut job attacker, that is also between the Pelosi's and the police.

When the truth come out, then if one wants to comment, go ahead.

The desire to "make political hay" out of everything is poison.

The guy is nearly 90 years old. The gay trist BS is Pizzagate level garbage. There's greater than a tiny chance that the Pelosi family won't be making any more Tesla investments. I wish Elon could have given us at least a full weekend to enjoy the Twitter overhang "lifting". Ugh.

The guy is nearly 90 years old. The gay trist BS is Pizzagate level garbage. There's greater than a tiny chance that the Pelosi family won't be making any more Tesla investments. I wish Elon could have given us at least a full weekend to enjoy the Twitter overhang "lifting". Ugh.
Like I said, the political hay making is a disease.

Left yells "QAnon inspired election denier attacks!"
Right yells," it was a gay encounter!"

His tweet did nothing but flame the fires.

Status
Not open for further replies.