Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesla gets free word of mouth and maketing. Elon goes on Twitter and says stupid things and distracts from the positive messages and creates piles of negativity. Eventually he will piss off all the right people, there is not even an upside to this stupidity even if some
of it ends up to be true.
This is a great point. Yes, what if there is a world wide network of woke pedophiles hiding under pizza joints? *sugar* posting on Twitter is the worst possible way to “save humanity.” My hope is that the Ron Barons of the world will have a bunch of sobering discussions with the chief twit before the board is forced to bring John Scully out of retirement.

I don’t get what is so bad about what Elon said. Take off your political party hats and read it again.

Other than it being an obvious lie, pushing a politically motivated attack against an elderly crime victim, and very definitely not leading to a delightful Town Square where moderate people have reasoned debate for the good of humanity?

What do you find in it that ISNT bad?

They were all fake accounts. Probably some folks on the far left upset about Elon buying Twitter are doing it.

And as I said, I'm thrilled they got banned. But I'm pointing out this kind of content would be allowed under free-speech-absolutism that Elon says he wants to create Trolling is completely ok under free speech absolutism (and since I'm not an advocate of unlimited free speech, I can say that I think trolling should be banned)

Last edited:
In my fantasy world, he wasn’t this far gone into conspiracy land. But not only is Musk there, he’s so far gone he will @ a former First Lady with this garbage. In public. With no concern for how it will affect brand and reputation.

Deeply corrupted mind. Once ideology enters the brain, there is less room for logic and reason.

Am I the only one not surprised? I do believe more is coming and I think a bigger point is being made and issue resolved with free speech. His point being, did you see this other side of the story. Forget about the actual story itself, please step back to see my point. Free speech does have some overlap with Tesla mission IMO; even though it could impact the brand short-term, I believe it helps later on.

Keep in mind, The Factory is coming (it even has the word FACT in it) along with many disruptive technologies. The narrative in the news and social media has overlap with EVs vs ICE (in addition to Red vs Blue, Gay vs Straight, Black vs White, Ukraine vs Putin, FRAUD vs CLEAN elections.) So this affects EVs, Robotaxis, Insurance, Energy, and all things threatening existing markets, both short and long-term.

Further, this one twitter post could be in the investment round-table as I think Elon coming out boldly on Twitter is bullish AF, but I get how this ratholes quickly. To assume folks think Elon's just being an idiot, that's prejudice until we see the bigger picture (not on this particular story, bigger picture).

To me, the alternate story sounded more plausible (than some crazy guy with a hammer breaking into a secure home to attack when no alarm was triggered?). The other side should be heard before giving judgement on a headline (which we know is biased). No not to minimize that an assault did take place by at least one person anyway, but let's see where the evidence leads.

I might not followup on this comment, just sharing an opinion is all - another view to take or leave. It's good weather in Az, and we have pit seats to see The Who live tonight. Strong fan of Pete, music brings people together. Everyone will be there, every color, every tribe, everyone. It's our common ground, we'll be the once dancin' and singin' hard.

Who are you?
Who-Who
Who-Who

It is both sad, and very expected to see Elon leading a new surge of politically motivated misinformation on Twitter.

Let the chaos begin!

For those keeping score at home, the next step is for more advertisers to pull away since they don't want to be associated with this kind of poo flinging
I find it funny how GM pulled their ads already. More difficult spreading BS I figure.

While I don’t condone this particular tweet I also think he has said worse things in the past. So no I don’t see this as a negative.
While I don't agree with your post, I must admit I was a bit shocked about what Elon had tweeted and agreed with previously after reading @enn_nafnlaus (Karen Rei)'s tweets (all of them, be sure to look at the replies) this morning. Pretty damning IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.