Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elons worst take yet. 2020 may be the year I stop being an Elon apologist, smh:
Same for me. Why is he posting something like this when he just said he wants twitter to be a warm and inviting place? Why post something this incendiary when you say there is just "tiny" chance there is more to this story. He is going to look very bad when the truth is otherwise...
Very irresponsible of him. He is better than this --at least I thought he was!

Elons worst take yet. 2020 may be the year I stop being an Elon apologist, smh:
Agreed. Talk about the "Twitter overhang" being over is premature. And I'm beginning to think that the overhang is really whether or not potential numbers of new customers will be able to keep up with those who now, and increasingly "would never buy a Tesla" because of Elon's increasingly hateful, unhinged tweeting. It's getting so I can't even talk to my friends about Tesla. "I would never buy a car from that guy" is what I increasingly hear. The unforced errors pile up and the situation looks to get worse, not better with the acquisition. It's hard seeing someone I so admired falling so far, so fast.

Agreed. Talk about the "Twitter overhang" being over is premature. And I'm beginning to think that the overhang is really whether or not potential numbers of new customers will be able to keep up with those who now, and increasingly "would never buy a Tesla" because of Elon's increasingly hateful, unhinged tweeting. It's getting so I can't even talk to my friends about Tesla. "I would never buy a car from that guy" is what I increasingly hear. The unforced errors pile up and the situation looks to get worse, not better with the acquisition. It's hard seeing someone I so admired falling so far, so fast.
This place is way too hyper focused on what Elon tweets. I could go survey 20 people right now, and 19 of them would have no idea about this tweet.

At what point do the sane Tesla fans organize and repudiate this rubbish? I think the company is worth fighting for.
He sure as heck needs to explain that tweet; the implication otherwise is disgusting. And yes, Tesla and all the Musk companies are worth fighting for.

Edit, upon further reflection - Elon is worth fighting for, by which I mean, as Karen Rei is doing as he posts stuff like this.

This is probably the most disappointed I've been in something that Elon's tweeted. As investors I feel like we understand his psychology a bit more than the average person, and I get the feeling that when he says "tiny possibility" he means "non-zero chance" in a statistical sense, and he's trying to accomplish something like demonstrating that "both sides" of a narrative can be seen on Twitter now.

But the average person reads straight past "tiny possibility" and only sees the CEO of Twitter promoting conspiracy theories. And this is NOT the right story to try and induce "both sides." I read the link Elon tweeted, and it's based on a misunderstanding of how archive.org works and is not based in reality.

I sincerely hope he retracts the tweet, and issues an apology.

In my fantasy world, he wasn’t this far gone into conspiracy land. But not only is Musk there, he’s so far gone he will @ a former First Lady with this garbage. In public. With no concern for how it will affect brand and reputation.

it's doing tremendous damage to the brand. it's been what I considered the primary (practically ONLY credible) threat to Tesla for the last several years, and it's getting worse. i'm serious -- talk to anyone who's not a maga-hat conspiracy theorist and they will have serious reservations about buying a Tesla thanks to Musk's increasingly extreme right-wing QANON-style intellectual decline.

Same for me. Why is he posting something like this when he just said he wants twitter to be a warm and inviting place? Why post something this incendiary when you say there is just "tiny" chance there is more to this story. He is going to look very bad when the truth is otherwise...
Very irresponsible of him. He is better than this --at least I thought he was!
And this comes on the heels of Elon trying to reassure advertisers that Twitter won't become a place where their brands will be damaged. Zero self awareness; all of the advertisers on twitter should run for their lives if this is his view of how advertiser's brands won't become tarnished by Twitter content.

This place is way too hyper focused on what Elon tweets. I could go survey 20 people right now, and 19 of them would have no idea about this tweet.

Pretending only nerds know about the internet is very 1996. It's the primary social interaction most people have on a daily basis. You're deluding yourself if you think his tweets aren't tremendously seen. Every tweet he makes is seen by literally millions of people, and retweeted / shared / linked by millions more.

Status
Not open for further replies.