Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's also said that FSD will be coming "next year" every year for the past decade. The first time someone lies and people believe him or her, I blame the liar. When it happens again and again and again, I am more inclined to blame the people who actually keep believing the liar.
If only I could change impossible to late...

He's also said that FSD will be coming "next year" every year for the past decade. The first time someone lies and people believe him or her, I blame the liar. When it happens again and again and again, I am more inclined to blame the people who actually keep believing the liar.
Elon has always had a tendency to be optimistic (sometimes wildly) with his estimates, but I would NOT call him a liar. A liar says things he/she know to be false and in Elon's case, we don't know what's caused him to give timelines that don't line up with reality. It very well could be the faith and trust he has in his teams, only to find out their assumptions weren't correct so back to the drawing board (as in MobileEye and Lidar). Or in the case of both the Semi and the CyberTruck, the suppliers (or supplier) were late or the pressings took longer than anticipated or required a different type of metal. Regardless of this he has improved lately and I'm pretty damn confident that FSD will be widely released this quarter along with initial production of the Semi, with the CyberTruck starting production mid 2023 and mass production near year end. We all need to remember that Elon doesn't "do" all these things, he collates all the information from the staff and communicates it to everyone else.

I am confident he'll do the same at Twitter as well.

Bloomberg just announced that Elon plans to eliminate 3,700 jobs or half the workforce of Twitter on Friday. Here's the article, apologize if it's paywalled (it was my last free article... hell if I'm going to pay them a cent!):

Musk Plans to Eliminate Half of Twitter Jobs in Cost-Cut Drive Musk Plans to Eliminate Half of Twitter Jobs to Cut Costs
One thing for sure is - it's not clear what all the software guys do in Twitter. Not many changes happen on Twitter .... In the last 6 years I can count just a couple of major user facing changes.

So does Youtube premium. It's optional. So is the $8.

When did You Tube claim they were the “town square” and wanted everyone to have a voice….

But he is right, it’s a choice and like I said before, no one will leave Twitter and it will never go broke. Too many people love Elon and I’m almost positive those same people would like to find a way to make him a Presidential candidate…… sounds like another group of people 🤔

GREAT, you gotta better idea? Then go create a platform.

Free country, Twitter is now a PRIVATE company, and if he fails, you were right.

Otherwise, you are just another virtue-signaling armchair quarterback with nothing to contribute.

Why are you so angry? I love Elon too….. I just said it wouldn’t fail in my previous post because we are all blind followers who would die for Elon, he can do no wrong and should not be criticized

Why are you so angry? I love Elon too…..

I'm not angry, I just don't see any value to the constant nit-picking that everyone in this thread is doing.

The criticism of Elon's unsavory article quote - that's legit, and warranted. But the picking apart of the possible $8 blue-check fee is ridiculous. Elon's not perfect, and he's made mistakes (Model 3 over-automation in construction), but that's how he learns. Elon learns a TON from his failures.

I'm happy to sit back and see how this unfolds. If I were a billionaire, I would have asked him how to invest, because more often than not, what Elon touches makes money. Lots of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.