Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that argument doesn't fly with me. My managers aren't allowed to go political either.

Elon's twitter posts are a mix between his personal life and work, and I can't fix that. But MOST companies discourage political discussions, among the managers or the rank+file.
Who manages you? Do you think employees of Elon dont know he is the CEO of Tesla and SpaceX? My son and I both recently got called by recruiter for Uline? We laughed at the recruiter.

Elon could prob saved much of that lost-forever-revenue by simply not posting that ignorant Pelosi attack tweet.

Just my prediction coming true, including my prediction of Elon's reaction to what's happening. Here is what I posted on another forum in a thread with the same general topic. Note the date.

Canceled.jpg

Cesspool of conspiracy theories and hate speech. Check.
Elon, new owner of Twitter, spreading lies conspiracy theories himself. Check.
Advertisers starting to flee. Check.
Elon bitching that he's being "canceled". Yep.

LOL, I could have told Elon this was coming months ago. Certainly way before the deal even closed. Look, Elon's the owner of Twitter and he can do whatever he wants with it. Unlike at Tesla, he doesn't even have to answer to shareholders. And he has free speech under the laws just like everyone else, including the right to say legal but distasteful things. But that freedom of speech does not mean he can say whatever he want without (non-legal) consequences, like advertisers wanting to have nothing to do with what he's saying.

Last edited:
Elon just doesnt get it. Advertisers dont want there advertisement showing up next to crap. I give an example if you owned a restaurant would you want your advertisement to show up between tweets of pieces of literal crap?

It's the same 'crap' as before (no changes to moderation or policy have been made yet), so what you are saying makes zero sense.

Just my prediction coming true, including my prediction of Elon's reaction to what's happening. Here is what I posted on another forum in a thread with the same general topic. Note the date.

View attachment 871032

Cesspool of conspiracy theories and hate speech. Check.
CEO spreading lies and condoning said conspiracy theories and hate speech. Check
Advertisers starting to flee. Check
CEO bitching that he's being "canceled". Yep.

LOL, I could have told Elon this was coming months ago. Certainly way before the deal even closed.
At least you admitted it was a cesspool. A fed controlled one at that.

It's driven more by the lack of quality talent, and the desire to lure them to work for you. Same happened/is happening in the quant space. We had a lot of seemingly "excessive" perks (free lunch, barista, game and beer room, etc) because pay was already so high that competing on a five or ten thousand a year wasn't the same draw as adding perks that cost significantly less.
My company always had great retention. Then I sold to a national firm and stayed on running the Chicago office. I continued to have great retention. Software engineering business. I blew away the other offices in the country when it came to retention. Why? I treated my staff great. I cared about commutes, I cared about sending them across the country. I didnt squeeze pennies. Squeeze pennies and quarters slip through fingers. Also because of this we had great results when it came to giving money and time away when consultants left. Instead of giving clients free time with a replacement I didnt need to replace.

Pertinent to this thread, from the main investors thread. Elon is in a live Q&A with Ron Barron:

Ron - "Being jewish how do you prevent this anti semi....how do you prevent use of the N word"

"It is not ok to engage in hateful conduct on Twitter" - Elon
"We have had targeted attacks with hate speech but it has been taken down immediately."
"get as many reg users to subscribe...the point is to make crime not pay. Right now to create a bot on twitter is free. If the risk is losing $8 it'll be less....consider thousands of bots. piggyback off Apple verification system. verified will be at the top of comments/search/etc. Will have to scroll down far to see the bots/scams. Make it like Google search. You never really go past page 1. The crap gets pushed all the way down"

It's the same 'crap' as before (no changes to moderation or policy have been made yet), so what you are saying makes zero sense.

Are you sure. Do you know that no people that do content moderation are being let go? Do you know if any have simply left? Do you know if anything has been turned off? Do you think that advertisers haven't listened to what Elon has said and don't see the writing on the wall? I mean come on don't be so naïve. His very post confirms that he plans to if not already has started letting the twitter cesspool become even worse.

Are you sure. Do you know that no people that do content moderation are being let go? Do you know if any have simply left? Do you know if anything has been turned off? Do you think that advertisers haven't listened to what Elon has said and don't see the writing on the wall? I mean come on don't be so naïve. His very post confirms that he plans to if not already has started letting the twitter cesspool become even worse.

Elon literally tweeted about this yesterday. He said NOTHING with content moderation has changed at this time.

It's all FUD being spread around at this point.

EDIT - he even just mentioned it again in the interview with Ron Barron, that they have been suspending tons of hate-spewing accounts that popped up in the past week.

• Love
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Oh, that’s gonna fix it.
It's an older tweet I thought was funny given his current situation. I don't know anything about advertising but I have to imagine there's a large "vibes" component and the vibes on Twitter these days are not great. I'm sure the morale of the employees at Twitter who sell ads is also not great.

Here's another good one:

BoD and investors. And apparently, he hasn't yet crossed a line that they don't like.

YOU KNOW this, you are just baiting an arguement.
Are you admitting that at work you are political and dont keep LGBTQ views to yourself like you say employees should? Maybe you do keep your political views to yourself. That isnt a bad idea. The point is that if management does share political views they can turn off employees and recruits and cause them to think about leaving or not even apply. It isnt a bad thing to keep stuff like that to yourself.

Elon literally tweeted about this yesterday. He said NOTHING with content moderation has changed at this time.

It's all FUD being spread around at this point.
It's interesting seeing the confirmation bias from both the supporters of the deal and the opponents. One group is saying "it's already so much better" and the other is saying "this is ridiculously bad."

From Elon's interview, from main thread:
Elon - "Going to execute the X.com gameplan from 22 years ago for Twitter. The plan would make a better PayPal, the worlds most valuable financial company."
"who would stay on the platform if there is all the hate and racism? The goal is to get 80% of the public, maybe not far left or far right onto Twitter and make it public town square."

You shouldn’t take everything so literally.
He was making a remark on how that was the perception when he announced he was buying.

And to think, All they had to do was unban the Babylon Bee and they’d still have their megaphone.
The problem is that Elon has been quite bad at communicating this and what the $8 charge is about. Many don't think you can still tweet for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.