Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She was using a "deceptive identify". She was making it seem as Elon Musk was liking certain people and post.

View attachment 871915

Can you indicate exactly which law was violated by this?

We're looking at free-speech-absolutism here. Only speech that is specifically illegal is to be opposed. Right?

Is this parody?

Apologies if I was too brief - maybe what I understand about AI /AGI and Tesla isn't so well understood

So let me try and explain. I could be all wrong - if so, happy to be corrected

FSD at Tesla depends on a huge neural network continually being improved by field reports of a million Tesla cars on the road, essentially 8 camera feeds. Let that sink in. ONLY computerized treatment (via huge neural networks, with some human assist of course) of these images is enough to provide a really decent FSD experience.

In areas with heavy Tesla car populations, the roads are so well marked, FSD is nearly perfect (Palo Alto to San Francisco essentially).

IMHO the same neural network approach, this time using Twitter interactions and data, will be developed to enhance the Twitter experience - according to Elon's stated goal of making it more like a town square meeting place where everybody can participate (but not overwhelm others via bots etc).

Once they have developed the neural network algos that can properly treat snippets of text, relevant snippets can be added to modified FSD algos. By relevant I mean locally: adding text /voice data from the local area, be it from accident reports, weather news, ambulance activity, new construction areas, traffic sign info, local newspaper news etc

This adds the dimension now lacking to FSD vs human driver: human drivers drive by sight, BUT also know their roads well - accident prone areas, and are attuned to local weather conditions.

To give a practical example: I know an area where the speed limits 40 mph are all over the place, so can be conveniently ignored EXCEPT in one area where the road slopes down and is turning without enough banking angle. This means that under wet conditions, cars going above the stated speed limit WILL slide off the road, possibly with major damages/ injuries. Using FSD vision alone would not uncover that condition .. but it turns out that locals know perfectly well that this particular road going down past the top of the hill (where the speed limit sign is) has had many deadly accidents.

A reading of local news / hospitals and police report history would certainly be flagged by text algos and the information passed on to augmented FSD would warn drivers/ reduce automatically speed.

PS. To fully understand FSD and AI/ AGI maybe this article about how text dictation/ translation changed dramatically around 2015 might help. This is when translation no longer depended on rule based algos, but on brute force treatment of huge datasets. (made only possible by Google large data collected so far). The Surprising History of Machine Translation

In areas with heavy Tesla car populations, the roads are so well marked, FSD is nearly perfect (Palo Alto to San Francisco essentially).
If by "nearly perfect" you mean "a bit less terrible" then you've got it right. I drive that area all the time and disengagements are constant. I asked my daughter today how she's finding FSD Beta (10.69.2.4) on her Model 3 and she says she's not using it much because she turns it on and then goes to the first disengagement, which is at most a couple of minutes. She's lost patience for any more than that. She drives all over the Bay Area.

It remains just great for people like me who enjoy watching it learn to drive. For anybody who expects it to be more than marginally useful in local driving, it's a serious disappointment.

A reading of local news / hospitals and police report history would certainly be flagged by text algos and the information passed on to augmented FSD would warn drivers/ reduce automatically speed.
Yeah, well, this is useless for two obvious reasons. First conditions are as of the moment, not general, so it can't rely on such information. And second, it has to be able to tell the difference between real information and fake. If it can do that, it's way ahead of where things are now. As has been pointed out with the removal of radar, getting rid of a low information signal actually makes things better.

So whatever's being done for Twitter should stay on Twitter, at least until there some guarantees of accuracy.

Last edited:
Couldn’t help it could h3?

14F24083-B4C6-4CB4-88F4-205E92796516.jpeg

Now Elon doesn’t like it so forget everything he said before.

“A scorpion asks a frog to carry him over a river. The frog is afraid of being stung, but the scorpion argues that if it did so, both would sink and the scorpion would drown. The frog then agrees, but midway across the river the scorpion does indeed sting the frog, dooming them both. When asked why, the scorpion points out that this is in it’s nature.”

We knew what Elon was and you were okay with it until you weren’t. It’s in his nature.

With the deal Twitter took new debt About $13 billion. Please explain why Twitter took debt when others bought it?
It's a LBO (leveraged buyout). What that means is that the buyer takes on debt using the purchased company as collateral for the loan (the company has assets, and can borrow against those assets, i.e. get loans in the name of the company). Think of a real estate investor who buys a property; he or she puts some money down, and borrows the rest of the money from the bank. The property he or she is buying is used as collateral for the loan and the cash flow from the asset he or she bought (like rent payments from tenants) is supposed to pay off the loan. If the loan can't be paid off because the market for real estate tanks and the rent payments aren't enough to pay off the loan, then the bank can foreclose on the property.
Where did that money go?
Where does the money go when you take out a loan to buy a house? It goes to the seller. Who "sold" Twitter? The previous shareholders. So the money went to Twitter's shareholders, who got $54.20 per share.

What happened to free speech and bringing back people who have been banned? Now Elon doesn’t like it so forget everything he said before. It only applies to view he personally doesn’t like.
Like all his other ventures, he's going in knowing very little, but learning and iterating fast. I expect him to throw out many of his own ideas in fairly short order.

It would be nice if he shows a little humility, and apologizes for screwing things up. And it would be nice if he undoes his screwups. We shall see. I have low expectations because, unlike his other ventures, first principles won't help. There are no first principles for social media.

Why are we repeating Musk's timeline here?

I would suggest to get the updates from the source:

Bekijk Elon Musk op Twitter.
Twitter Complaint Hotline Operator

https://twitter.com/elonmusk?s=20&t=WV6B0oBTAQajG5JPx3V2BA
The problem with this is that his timeline is well known to be subject to shadow banning, and it is likely that those efforts will be redoubled now. It can be very hard to find the most important Tweets as a result.

Have to use the search utility instead.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
With the deal Twitter took new debt About $13 billion. Please explain why Twitter took debt when others bought it? Where did that money go?

That money went into the pockets of the happy existing TWTR shareholders who signed off on being bought out at $44B valuation that Elon decided he was willing to pay in order to establish free-speech-absolutism.... which he's already abandoned since some use of free speech offended the new dear leader.

It's a LBO (leveraged buyout). What that means is that the buyer takes on debt using the purchased company as collateral for the loan (the company has assets, and can borrow against those assets, i.e. get loans in the name of the company). Think of a real estate investor who buys a property; he or she puts some money down, and borrows the rest of the money from the bank. The property he or she is buying is used as collateral for the loan and the cash flow from the asset he or she bought (like rent payments from tenants) is supposed to pay off the loan. If the loan can't be paid off because the market for real estate tanks and the rent payments aren't enough to pay off the loan, then the bank can foreclose on the property.

Where does the money go when you take out a loan to buy a house? It goes to the seller. Who "sold" Twitter? The previous shareholders. So the money went to Twitter's shareholders, who got $54.20 per share.
Thank you. So Twitter took loan to buy its own shares back from previous shareholders? If Twitter can't pay its loans back, can banks get the money from Musk?

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Status
Not open for further replies.