Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll once again say that your unwavering confidence is well noted.

You've used more labels in this thread than anyone, including making trademark symbols to intensify the "labeling" aspect of such. You seem to love them.

Edited to add a Moderator Note: I've sent out warnings to multiple members in this thread when I've moved their posts away to politics quarantine. I've tried really hard to use a soft nudge approach to keeping this thread from specifically using labels for people like "THE right" or "THE left" or "THE woke left," because these do absolutely nothing to look at the nuance of a situation and are simplistic summations of large groups of people with varying opinions. They are cognitive shortcuts, heuristics, and they make for easy ways to divide people. Most importantly to this thread and this community, I prefer if we could prevent these labels and arguments from having the disappointing side effect of dividing our particular membership here. That does a disservice to the information sharing and community aspect of TMC, at least in my personal opinion.

I do not want to become heavy handed here, and I'm out of town anyway and don't have time to monitor this thread terribly frequently. There are also two other Investment section mods handling some things in their own way as well. But I'll make a final plea to try to avoid using charged and divisive terms as much as you can. I really think it helps with cooperative conversation.

I've explained in another response why labels are useful, just as words are useful. I did not invent these labels, and often people choose their own labels which become known in common parlance. Everyone knows what a conservative is, but that doesn't tell us about a specific individual. We also know what a liberal is but it says nothing further about the individual. For some, simply hearing the secondhand label is enough to dismiss someone, but I much prefer conversation and inquiry.

A label which defines a set of ideas is just shorthand. Sometimes it's a service to a moderate view to separate the nominal liberal (I'm a center-left liberal) vs. more radical variants, such as Leftist (capital L). Obviously this is true on the right as well. A conservative is an umbrella term which is but a starting point, and doesn't indicate how or why someone is conservative. Other words added can help clarify one's position and reasoning. Fiscal conservative. Social conservative. Religious conservative. There may also be combinations, with exception and overlap.

Several times I've given my own label to clarify my position. I may sound conservative, but I'm a center-left atheist. That tells you plenty, but not everything. I'm pro-choice and pro 2A. Unusual? Maybe. So, I'm not easily categorized but some labels do fit and I embrace them.

Do you know what my ideological opposition calls me? I wouldn't use all of those terms in mixed company, and some wouldn't even recognize some of the terms. Many of us have heard most of the terms, and they're often unfriendly or unflattering. The labels still have merit, but sometimes people mislabel us on purpose. This happens to Elon too, which is one of the reasons his defenders are speaking up. Sometimes it's just to address FUD or character assassination (FUD directed at a person) used to harm one's reputation.

Controlling language is controlling thought. All of us use labels because it is unavoidable. This thread just happens to be an active ideological battleground and of course it is because people need to vent. After all, the CEO of SpaceX and Tesla just bought Twitter. Passions are going to run high around this, especially as $TSLA is taking a beating. This too shall pass, of course, and I've been buying the dip.

Overall this has been a good forum, and I want to thank you and the other moderators for the work you do. I know it's not easy, and I admire the stoicism which you've demonstrated to-date.

Last edited:
You live in Texas? So, are you saying Elon is adjusting demand for Tesla cars towards a more conservative demographic that will naturally require less transportation/delivery costs as GigaAustin ramps up? ka-Ching!

Brilliant! /s
meanwhile you can't even sell Tesla's from manufacturer to consumer WITHIN Texas and the cars have to make a detour out of state first before coming back to the Texan customers...

those riots weren't a movement tying to overturn an election and to get Biden elected or keep him in power... your argument is dishonest

Right, they were just literally shooting police officers, federal agents, trying to tear down a US courthouse . . .

Whatever you need to tell yourself to sleep at night.

Alienating half the adult in the U.S due to Musk's antics is most likely impossible.

~40% are independent while the other two parties are 30/30. I can't imagine everyone who are in the democratic party are offended and anti-musk either, so take what you will but it's definitely not 50% being alienated.
Not about the exact %. Obviously about whether or not its a significant group of people and the fact its an unnecessary error.
I personally think its more people than some on this site realize but would love to be wrong..

Alienating half the adult in the U.S due to Musk's antics is most likely impossible.

~40% are independent while the other two parties are 30/30. I can't imagine everyone who are in the democratic party are offended and anti-musk either, so take what you will but it's definitely not 50% being alienated.
I don’t know anybody who even cares about all this crap! Most don’t know it even exists. Maybe 10% of people have their panties in a wad. JMHO

Most people are apolitical, and when it comes to car purchasing,
probably even more. Anyhow, the hate of oil is greater than the hate for Elon.

This despise by half the country thing seems very far fetched.

Once twitter turns around, Musk will again be hailed as a genius .
Once? If. The funny thing is propaganda has gone ramping making it seem that Twitter needed to be turned around. That it was some money making machine that was turned off. Twitter is something that requires advertisers to pay for it. That is what needs to be turned around. Elon saying he will make it something extraordinary and then all the people that support Tesla and SpaceX turning around and telling everyone else Elon will make it something extraordinary is hysterical in its face. Sure I could be wrong, but so could others.

I’m buying another 1000 shares of Tesla when it hits $155… thanks to Musk I’ve made a crap ton of $$$ these past 5 years.

He certainly can talk-down the price of his companies at times. Other than concern about his ability/foccus to continue to lead TSLA effectively, there's nothing actually wrong at TSLA itself.

A new CEO for either Twitter or TSLA would help fix the massive-distraction concern, which is looking increasingly likely. I of course would rather see Elon keep the TSLA role, but I would bet his passion right now is on the Twitter project so at least empower someone smart to lead the car company while Elon's making sure his conspiracy tweets don't get downranked :)

Female buyers in the Bay Area of all places are canceling Tesla orders or refusing to consider the brand as a direct result of Elon’s actions. That is a fact.
Is ANYONE surprised by this? They're the most sensitive to virtue-signaling. They probably take the most heat from females on the left as well for owning THAT brand owned by THAT guy. Nothing surprising here.

Right, they were just literally shooting police officers, federal agents, trying to tear down a US courthouse . . .

So is this where I go and dig up the links to articles about arrests of right wing extremists that were doing these things trying to blame on BLM and so called Antifa. Like the 2 police officers murdered in Oakland by boogaloo boys, or the white wing extremists that fire bombed and shot into police station in Minnesota, or the umbrella man that started the first destructive riot in Minneapolis when he started braking windows to start looting at the auto parts store, but was caught on video. The reason the white wing extremists at the Capital tried to blame the insurrection on Antifa and BLM is because thats what they would do.

For many years now government organizations have been warning about a rise in domestic terrorism and guess what, it's not Antifa lol. #LetThatSinkIn.

How many lefties were caught plotting to kidnap a governor, or sending pipe bombs, trying to kill the VP, shooting up..well...everything...etc etc etc? IIRC one Bernie idiot shot up a congressional baseball game. Left has their issues for sure but let's not meet in the middle.

There are a zillion references about this but here's a single link: Far-right terror poses bigger threat to US than Islamist extremism post-9/11

Anyway, I have one tattoo and it's NIN. Elon might have finally gone too far for me today. lol

Screenshot 2022-11-21 at 2.42.55 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.