Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LoL why? The U.S advertise free speech, trout it being the cornerstone of democracy and places like China are suppressive and are the enemy of democracy. Musk is complaining about how it's not as advertised. China never advertised free speech but then do everything in their power to suppress speech. Why would he have a problem with China? He's ordering a burger in the U.S and got a pizza. He ordered fries in China and got fries.
And everyone keeps telling him it is exactly as advertised!

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Yeah, on the topic of demand destruction, I agree. For now, there's enough demand that the damage doesn't matter even though it's there. And the damage will be mostly in the US market which is only 1/3rd of Teslas footprint. Folks in China likely don't give a darn what Elon does with Twitter and Alyssa Milano
The sodium from Alyssa being shown where her opinions matter made me want to order a MXP, but my FUSC outweighs the new gadgets.

I’ll just buy stocking stuffers for my goyim friends instead in support of Elon and Tesla.

• Funny
Reactions: wws
And everyone keeps telling him it is exactly as advertised!

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Elon had some opinions about Covid and the shut down. The government decides to attack Elon's character, and ramped up because he said he's voting Republican. They called him a freeloader, a sexual harasser, a racist and now a fascist. Doesn't sound all that inviting for free speech. Mind you he is being attacked by people in the government who sways people's opinions, and has the media on their side. This is not some joe smoe with an opinion attacking him.

I mean if it was China, they will just make Elon disappear...but in the U.S they will drag him through the mud...so slightly better I guess...

When he's ranting about Pelosi's geriatric husband being secretly gay and his attacker being his lover? Yeah, we'd like to restrain Elon from that kind of crap and get back to the mission which he seems to have left to others while he goes on a tribal vendetta.
He did not "rant about Pelosi's geriatric husband being secretly gay", he literally said "there is a tiny possibility there might be more to this story than meets the eye", this is about as gentle and objective as you can get, and he deleted it quickly afterwards, I don't see why people has problems with him making a tiny mistake and quickly correcting it, while his detractors lies day and night and doesn't ever retract their false claims.

He did not "rant about Pelosi's geriatric husband being secretly gay", he literally said "there is a tiny possibility there might be more to this story than meets the eye", this is about as gentle and objective as you can get, and he deleted it quickly afterwards, I don't see why people has problems with him making a tiny mistake and quickly correcting it, while his detractors lies day and night and doesn't ever retract their false claims.
I would suspect he only deleted it because for the foreseeable future he has to live in that town If not personally overseeing some other matter.

“Don’t defecate where you eat” seems like a highly appropriate idiom in this scenario and locale.

Reactions: loquitur

Why does he keep making these mistakes, having to delete them, and then not learn from his problem?

How does repeatedly doing this advance his "causes" in any way vs actively detract from them?

Elon had some opinions about Covid and the shut down. The government decides to attack Elon's character, and ramped up because he said he's voting Republican. They called him a freeloader, a sexual harasser, a racist and now a fascist. Doesn't sound all that inviting for free speech. Mind you he is being attacked by people in the government who sways people's opinions, and has the media on their side. This is not some joe smoe with an opinion attacking him.

I mean if it was China, they will just make Elon disappear...but in the U.S they will drag him through the mud...so slightly better I guess...
Government officials have been attacking rich people forever. Which of Elon Musk's political views do you think they are trying to suppress?
Poor Elon, he's the richest man in the world living in the best country in the world for rich people.

This is definitely that domino meme though. haha.
At the very least it’s what got him set down the path of buying Twitter.

In any case we’re here now and like my entertainment with the matter, the salt is just feeding into and emboldening him. If the left would just stop kvetching he’d likely back off and find something else to go tinker with.

2856D7C1-4609-4065-AF44-0332BBE62AB8.gif

I've never liked this line of thinking as it screams conspiracy theory to me. By this logic any event where something happens could be questioned with "well there's a small small chance that there could be something more than that."

Being mindful of what you say is especially important when you're talking about someone in a position of power; there should be a higher standard the more outlandish the theory in that receipts need to be had before, otherwise fake stuff can really get legs and hurt people, especially if coming from someone like Elon.

Of course this does fly in the face of what some are calling "freedom of speech", but I've always felt that just because you can say it doesn't mean you should. But too many people think that "don't care, got mines" and not consider the impacts what you say on others. (And to be clear I see this as something different from the "too sensitive situation", though people are going to have different opinions on that). Basically I feel human decency is being tossed out the window at times, especially on Twitter.

People cancelling their Twitter accounts is easy. They probably hardly used them. But how do you know about it? Did they tell you on Twitter? I’ve seen some of them too. I find it amazing that people who suddenly despise a social medium are stil using that same medium. It sounds more like a statement, without any accounts actually being cancelled. Don’t they want to stick around to watch the widely prophesied crash?

And sorry for calling you out, but I’m having a hard time believing the claim about Tesla order cancellations in Germany. A car purchase is a serious decision which takes time, preparation, money (deposit, financing), planning (trade-in or sale of used car), etc, etc. It’s not a subscription to a magazine that you didn’t read much anyway. And all that is being given up only because Elon is making changes at Twitter?

Can you substantiate who these people are, what model they ordered and how far along their delivery timelines were? And how do you know them?
Sure.
One guy on the German TFF Forum. Model S Plaid. Ex Moderator from the German Tesla Forum btw. Also sold his stock. And his current Model 3.
Another two canceled their Cybertrk reservation.
Two Model 3, one in the forum, one a direct member for a German TOC.
2 Model Y. German TOC.
Then I’m Friends with a French Webshop owner for Tesla Accessoires including wheels.
The day Elon went erratic, the sales went down and hasn’t recovered yet. Over proportional on the wheel side.

It’s important to mention that by a slew of successive actions you can ruin a brand in weeks, hence the Kanye comparison. His sneakers are still „top notch“ if that’s your cup of tea, but they became a symbol people don’t want to be associated with, plus it hurts their vanity which might be the numero uno factor.
The feel.

A car is an order of magnitude that, let alone all female customers. They do not want to see this behavior.

Im fully aware that there will be thumbs down now by the same three ultra pro (male) posters here, sharing the sentiment which was cool up to one month ago without being aware the tables have turned. The clock is ticking.

The Moment Elon puts down the amplifier, the moment Tesla will rise.
The feel is the most important brand factor and Elon is putting the axe to it. Non stop.

Sure.
One guy on the German TFF Forum. Model S Plaid. Ex Moderator from the German Tesla Forum btw. Also sold his stock. And his current Model 3.
2 Model Y. German TOC.
Then I’m Friends with a French Webshop owner for Tesla Accessoires including wheels.
The day Elon went erratic, the sales went down and hasn’t recovered yet. Over proportional on the wheel side.

It’s important to mention that by a slew of successive actions you can ruin a brand in weeks, hence the Kanye comparison. His sneakers are still „top notch“ if you are I to this style, but they are now a symbol people don’t want to be associated with, plus it hurts their vanity which might be the numero uno factor.

A car is an order of magnitude that, let alone all female customers. They do not want to see this behavior.

Im fully aware that there will be thumbs down now by the same three ultra pro (male) posters here, sharing the sentiment which was cool up to one month ago without being aware the tables have turned. The clock is ticking.

It's interesting to watch the pro-free-speech crowd obsessively downvote posts they simply don't like...

For some reason Elon thinks that Twitter should get to freeload on Apple's infrastructure. And all Apple wants is the 30% they've always been getting. Cheap for what they provide. Of course the most important thing they provide is curation of apps, which Elon likes to say means they "hate free speech".

I suppose this will also be the case with Google? Or is he okay with them for some reason?

Im fully aware that there will be thumbs down now by the same three ultra pro (male) posters here, sharing the sentiment which was cool up to one month ago without being aware the tables have turned.
Not sure why you think you are an expert on female opinion. I’m female and can’t wait for the delivery of my Plaid S this December.

Adding my thumbs down to your post.

Bit of data related to recent Tesla and Twitter brand perception declines among the population. While Tesla has made some gains among Republicans, it hasn't been nearly enough to make up for the big drop in favorability among Democrats.

I saw some data that the number of used Teslas on the market are at recent highs - Need some information on overall used car market conditions, though, to know if that is a demand issue or something else...

Sure.
2 Model Y. German TOC.

It’s important to mention that by a slew of successive actions you can ruin a brand in weeks, hence the Kanye comparison. His sneakers are still „top notch“ if that’s your cup of tea, but they became a symbol people don’t want to be associated with, plus it hurts their vanity which might be the numero uno factor.
The feel.

The feel is the most important brand factor and Elon is putting the axe to it. Non stop.
How much media coverage is there of Elon's Twitter takeover in Germany?

To keep the story going the media need new material.

I agree that if Elon tones down his posts, the fire goes out.

The media don't like social media attempting to become an alternative media source.

Inspite of the collateral damage, Elon is still a net positive for Tesla. Product designs, engineering, manufacturing efficencies, and vertical integration last for decades.

And cases like the one of your neighbor have already been discussed before. You live in very Democratic leaning Santa Barbara. That potential loss of a sale could be compensated by an extra sale in Florida, which voted overwhelmingly for Republican Ron DeSantis.

Anyway- we cannot argue that a lost sale on the left will be compensated by an additional one on the right. That’s completely upside down logic. A great company stays out of this kindergarten political game. Each sale, each customer counts. Again, do not forget the women. What we witness the last 4 weeks (also here) is deeply male chest pounding.

Free speech is long gone. An ancient romantic ideal not in line with the human psyche.
Didn’t work for Facebook.
Doesn’t work for Telegram/Signal,
Didn’t even work at the playground.

No moderation pushes the loudest and suppresses the fine thinkers which cannot bully their way through and we are in dire need of those to get a balanced view of the world.

Good moderation means grown up manners.
Call it Guidance. Curation.
Keeping hormones out the discussion strengthens rationale and exchange. Has nothing to do with control and censorship.
And now we seem to have an anti vaxxer right on top. Yet at the same time he feels supressed. Fine. So the ideal is survival of the fittest. How Darwinistic.
So be it.
But each public statement of a public traded company and average Joe (not us here) doesn’t separate between the companies he runs will hold him accountable in front of shareholders. I’m expecting Class Action suits
when it comes to Tesla. And the board which is dysfunctional.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.