Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway- we cannot argue that a lost sale on the left will be compensated by an additional one on the right. That’s completely upside down logic. A great company stays out of this kindergarten political game. Each sale, each customer counts. Again, do not forget the women. What we witness the last 4 weeks (also here) is deeply male chest pounding.

Free speech is long gone. An ancient romantic ideal not in line with the human psyche.
Didn’t work for Facebook.
Doesn’t work for Telegram/Signal,
Didn’t even work at the playground.

No moderation pushes the loudest and suppresses the fine thinkers which cannot bully their way through and we are in dire need of those to get a balanced view of the world.

Good moderation means grown up manners.
Guidance. Curation.
Keeping hormones out the discussion strengthens rationale and exchange. Has nothing to do with control and censorship.
And now we seem to have an anti vaxxer right on top. Yet at the same time he feels supressed. Fine. So the ideal is survival of the fittest. How Darwinistic.
So be it.
But each public statement of a public traded company and average Joe (not us here) doesn’t separate between the companies he runs will hold him accountable in front of shareholders. I’m expecting Class Action suits
when it comes to Tesla. And the board which is dysfunctional.
Lost sales can only be replaced by increased demand for better cheaper cars.

Higher volumes of better and cheaper cars is the mission.

If buyers don't buy a Tesla, then hopefully they buy another EV.

Getting Elon to change his mind and tone things down will be difficult.

Getting Elon to step back into a lower profile role at Tesla will be difficult.

Elon isn't the only person working at Tesla.

How much media coverage is there of Elon's Twitter takeover in Germany?

To keep the story going the media need new material.

I agree that if Elon tones down his posts, the fire goes out.

The media don't like social media attempting to become an alternative media source.

Inspite of the collateral damage, Elon is still a net positive for Tesla. Product designs, engineering, manufacturing efficencies, and vertical integration last for decades.

It's quite exhaustive. Musk is very well known in Germany, not least because of Gigafacory Berlin, and the Twitter-takeover is simply the best farce in town. Very few people in Germany do use Twitter, though. I don't know anyone and most of my friends use basically any other social platform that's availabe.

I may repeat myself, but as a defender of free speech Musk is completely unconvincing. "Free speech" doesn't mean to be allowed to kick downwards, like calling a cave diver a "pedo guy" without any evidence whatsoever, but to be able to speak truth to power. Anything out there where Musk attacked the Chinese government for the restriction of free speech in China? Don't think so.

@Just a Reader Not sure what you are disagreeing with? Is it that I am female, or that I am looking forward to the delivery of my Model S Plaid? Or is it that I proved @trayloader 's reasoning wrong (who claimed that "ALL female customers do not want to see this behavior" from Elon?)
000.png

On Nov. 7, for the first time since YouGov began tracking Tesla in 2016, more respondents in the U.S. reported a negative perception of Tesla than a positive view. The brand perception has eroded further since, according to YouGov data.
Morning Consult also found that more people hold a negative view of Tesla than at the start of the year. In surveys of about 200 people in the U.S. each day this month through Nov. 27, roughly 22% had a negative impression of the company, compared with 15% in January.

Morning Consult said 38% of those surveyed this month through Nov. 27 had a positive impression of Tesla, down from 43% in January.
“It seems like Tesla is on its way to becoming a partisan brand,” said Jordan Marlatt, tech analyst at Morning Consult.

YouGov found that self-described liberals now view Tesla more negatively than conservatives, though conservatives also have a negative view of the brand on average, according to the firm’s most recent data.

Elon's tweet/plea for immediate lower interest rates this morning might be telling. I imagine it's a bit scary building new factories and ramping up production into a worldwide slowing economy.

He's not wrong in this. The FED historically has been extremely poor at "pivoting" at the right time and usually overshoots (in both directions).

But, JPowell has said he won't stop till the job market is crushed (that's the real target, inflation is just a red herring).

Today I spent time on the TFF Forum (I can read and speak German fluently), but I haven't been able to find a single person cancelling over Twitter. The whole Twitter saga isn't much of a subject in the discussions. What I did find were some cancellations because of the lack of proximity sensors, with Tesla Vision not yet being installed. And a lot, really a lot of people anxiously awaiting the delivery of their Model 3, Model Y or Model S Plaid. So on that forum, which seems to be very busy, I didn't see any signs of an impact on the German market.

Interesting, one has to wonder if the original poster of this info was coloring things due to their own bias . . .

Government officials have been attacking rich people forever. Which of Elon Musk's political views do you think they are trying to suppress?
Poor Elon, he's the richest man in the world living in the best country in the world for rich people.
Have to understand WHY government attacks billionaires. Billionaires are hard to control because they are billionaires. Billionaires also have a very large microphone that can sway public opinion. Then you have Elon who doesn't fall in line and doesn't even care if he nukes his own money. How can we shut him down? By attacking his character to the point that everything he says seem like a lie and everything he does will be consider toxic. This is why China make billionaires disappear, and when Russian billionaires are out of line, they accidently fall from their apartment.

When you have enough power and money, you become less and less free, hence why Elon personally feels that free speech is under fire because HIS speech have been constantly attacked if it's not what the government wants to hear.

They are directly correlated in traditional markets.
But (from the page you linked to):
Because it's also more complicated than it appears at first glance, the relationship between inflation and unemployment has broken down in periods like the stagflationary 1970s and the booming 1990s.

Inflation isn't a problem of too much employment. It's fundamentally a problem of too many people trying to buy too much stuff (or another way to look at it, not enough stuff to meet demand). So anything that gets people to not spend money on stuff and do other things with it instead will tame inflation. For markets where you can increase the supply of stuff for people to buy, anything that does that will help too.

But (from the page you linked to):
Because it's also more complicated than it appears at first glance, the relationship between inflation and unemployment has broken down in periods like the stagflationary 1970s and the booming 1990s.

Inflation isn't a problem of too much employment. It's fundamentally a problem of too many people trying to buy too much stuff (or another way to look at it, not enough stuff to meet demand). So anything that gets people to not spend money on stuff and do other things with it instead will tame inflation. For markets where you can increase the supply of stuff for people to buy, anything that does that will help too.

Correct. We have pumped trillions of stimulus money into the economies of the world over the past 2.5 years, and we have had significant supply chain problems (China Zero-COVID policy), and a war in Europe that disrupted the energy supply chain (drastically).

These things are being "unwound" directly in front of our eyes in the form of inflation, and the Fed is fighting it with the only tool they have available: interest rates. A better tool would be a diversified energy policy, but that takes time, and a concerted will (Europe has it apparently, the USA not so much).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.