Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but which one supports @Cosmacelf ‘s claim?
I can't believe this has gotten me to even read twitter, but its the one you cited above, "Khanna" is congressman Ro Khanna who is a congresscritter from CA.

The back and forth "bombshell" is between Khanna and somebody at Twitter.

Of, course, then you have the Trump administration doing the same thing.

What is sort of interesting is that, like many things, the position you take on the law depends on what you want.

Twitter takes the position under Section 230 that its not even a publisher in virtually all respects. If Twitter had any liability for what people Tweet, as a publisher might (see, e.g., the suit of Dominion Voting v. Fox News), Twitter is not a sustainable business, because if the moderation required to just keep things civil is too much, the moderation to make sure everything is not libel would be prohibitavely expensive.

Yet, when Twitter wants to just let some Tweets go through un moderated, it cites the First Amendment.

Well, I mean, I am a lawyer used to splitting hairs, but you really can't have it both ways, Twitter.

If I didn't think this was a total waste of Elon's time the irony would be too much. So, you think Twitter is acting too much like an actual publisher? Not publishing some conservative political stuff you say?

Why not just buy it for 44B and then you can be the publisher! Unbelievable. You can even promote reporting using the term "we," as in me and Matt Taibbi I suppose.

I get the feeling that Elon had the impression, years ago, that wrong doing (free speech suppression) was going on at Twitter and then he talked to Jack, who may have added to that impression, which then provoked Elon to inquire about purchase.

I think at this point, time has told, as this is playing out in real-time.

I can't believe this has gotten me to even read twitter, but its the one you cited above, "Khanna" is congressman Ro Khanna who is a congresscritter from CA.
So a single congressman telling Twitter that they don’t think they should censor news reports but should censor qanon. I’m not seeing the big conspiracy here.

The back and forth "bombshell" is between Khanna and somebody at Twitter.
You misunderstood the part (?). Ro Khanna (who represents Silicon Valley, BTW) is the Dem congressman who was actually asking twitter why they removed tweets related to Hunter Biden. He was the only Dem congressman to express direct displeasure about the censorship.

So a single congressman telling Twitter that they don’t think they should censor news reports but should censor qanon. I’m not seeing the big conspiracy here.
Of course its not a conspiracy, its not even close.

The closest thing, which is off topic and had little to do with twitter, was set forth in Tim Miller's book Why We Did It: A Travelogue from the Republican Road to Hell

Millers whole job was just feeding conservative media outlets with daily "rage juice" (his term), regardless of whether there was any truth to it. Of course, the Miller book is a total nothingburger since regular voters don't read books by former Congressional and RNC staffers, but I thought, "wow, look, an insider just admitted, named names, that Fox News is all BS, made up stuff."

If tonight is what Elon had in mind for a revamped twitter, he's really shallow on the learning curve. He doesn't understand the work it takes to make Twitter a non-publisher, and yet he wants to be a publisher, just of like "Elon's new Twitter"

1670033534457.jpeg

Cringe.

Status
Not open for further replies.