Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d be happy if Twitter completely went away. And take FB with you. The social harm they cause far outweigh any benefits. But I don’t participate so it’s easy for me to say.

I was going to write that I don’t do any social media things but maybe that’s not true. Is TMC considered social media? You can certainly find bad actors and mean, incorrect posts etc. But I doubt anyone has contemplated suicide from a thumbs down here.

Elon says this is misinformation, but well Elon is OK with misinformation.

Do you see Elon deleting it? So he is OKAY with any kind of information. He is not going to baby you by shielding information only he wants you to see...which is what twitter 1.0 was.

On one hand, I love how Elon is disrupting MSM and holding 'anyone with a social bull horn' accountable for their publications *AND* keeping free speech lawful.

On the other hand, Tesla was already a wild roller coaster ride, this is now a whole other thing. Law and Politics are a largely subjective whirlwind, minefield and labyrinth compared to engineering.

Elon says this is misinformation, but well Elon is OK with misinformation.

I wonder if he thinks there is already everything that we need to know about Covid so what is point of keeping staff spending time regulating something that is clear.

I’d be happy if Twitter completely went away. And take FB with you. The social harm they cause far outweigh any benefits. But I don’t participate so it’s easy for me to say.

I was going to write that I don’t do any social media things but maybe that’s not true. Is TMC considered social media? You can certainly find bad actors and mean, incorrect posts etc. But I doubt anyone has contemplated suicide from a thumbs down here.
Sure, it’s just a very small audience in comparison. But Facebook, Twitter and Reddit can all have small audiences too if you set it up that way. I only follow a very small number of people on Twitter so my feed is very tailored to me and isn’t objectionable. Likewise for my Reddit. Facebook I tried to expand my reach several years ago and ended up having to abandon it because of that.

As far a suicide goes, well the reach of the big social media groups is huge, so in any sufficiently large population you are going to have all sorts of very marginal behavior. Unlikely to find on TMC because of the smaller reach, also TMC has strong content moderation unlike the others (while they also have content moderation is isn’t as strong as TMC).

What's up with the big laptop reveal? Elon keeps hyping it up and delaying any big live tweetstream. Last I checked it was just a bunch of morons tweeting stupid memes.
OK, there isn't going to be any "big laptop reveal" obviously.

The thread itself is over 46 thousand tweets, which, taken together, probably represent the biggest waste of the English language in history.

I'm really hoping, as a Tesla investor and general fan of Elon so far, that this is all down to some really good *sugar* from Tegrity farms.

If it isn't, this is heading for full Howard Hughes land.

big live tweetstream.

This is not something that can be done on Twitter. (It literally cannot be done without using search.)

You can use (from:mtaibbi) in search bar of Twitter app, and sort by Latest if you want some semblance of a thread.

Useless nonsense of course. Much better ways to spend a Friday afternoon. It’s a nonstory most likely, so dropping it on Friday evening makes sense (tends to bury stories).

Zzz.

• Disagree
Reactions: bkp_duke
OK, there isn't going to be any "big laptop reveal" obviously.

The thread itself is over 46 thousand tweets, which, taken together, probably represent the biggest waste of the English language in history.

I'm really hoping, as a Tesla investor and general fan of Elon so far, that this is all down to some really good *sugar* from Tegrity farms.

If it isn't, this is heading for full Howard Hughes land.
I don’t think you guys know how to use Twitter. It is being done on Matt Taibbi Twitter account. Up,to post 19.

This is not something that can be done on Twitter.

You can use (from:mtaibbi) in search bar of Twitter app, and sort by Latest if you want some semblance of a thread.

Useless nonsense of course. Much better ways to spend a Friday afternoon. It’s a nonstory most likely, so dropping it on Friday evening makes sense (tends to bury stories).

Zzz.
La la la I can’t hear you. Stuffing your head in the sand is unbecoming. The thread has lots of interesting information.

On one hand, I love how Elon is disrupting MSM and holding 'anyone with a social bull horn' accountable for their publications *AND* keeping free speech lawful.
I must continue to point out that he is not doing that and has no ability to do that, only the government can, and contrary to what some like to claim the government has made no moves to stop free speech. Elon is simply changing the speech on Twitter more to his liking, which he can do because it's a private company not a government.

Status
Not open for further replies.