Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything you do and say while on the clock are considered to be company property and have not violated any privacy of individuals as the company can do whatever it wants with its property. Anything you know after signing of a NDA are also considered company property and you can be sued for giving it away without permission.
Again, morally inconsistent.
Elon bought the legal right to do release private internal communication from years ago, but,
as he's doing, in many cases, with any regard of privacy, and at the same time threatening to sue current employees for talking to the press, he has not earned any moral right to do so.
You can't be a champion of transparency and not be transparent, sorry.

Again, morally inconsistent.
Elon bought the legal right to do release private internal communication from years ago, but,
as he's doing, in many cases, with any regard of privacy, and at the same time threatening to sue current employees for talking to the press, he has not earned any moral right to do so.
You know that after signing a NDA, you are automatically being threatened of being sued if you leak. This is not news as it's part of the NDA contract.

So then the question is why force a NDA if you are the king of transparency? Pretty sure that label was not given to Elon by himself but is getting close to becoming a strawman argument because you gave him that label just to win the argument.

I don’t see how this is even tangentially related to Tesla.

I thought about it and actually feel it does relate to investing, Tesla and Twitter because you now have a nut jobs profusing love for Elon from a segment of the population.

A lot of right wing conspiracy theorist are now equating Elon being a champion for them and their segment of people which ties him, Tesla, Twitter, Elon's whole brand image to their views. Whether this is true or not is debatable, but the article of a nut job air passenger spouting Elon love makes others feel like I may or may not be considered like these crazies.

Do people still want to buy Tesla cars, use Twitter, invest in ads on Twitter or anything else Elon does with this segment of the population?

We'll see after a bit more time, but we've already seen threads here about people who were concerned with owning a Tesla (which affects demand/the stock/investments/etc) and anectodal evidence that people who know or other who cancelled themselves.

Tesla did cut the price by $3750 this month to prevent cancellations and if the demand was completely off the charts, they wouldn't need to do that right?

You know that after signing a NDA, you are automatically being threatened of being sued if you leak. This is not news as it's part of the NDA contract.

So then the question is why force a NDA if you are the king of transparency? Pretty sure that label was not given to Elon by himself but is getting close to becoming a strawman argument because you gave him that label just to win the argument.
I wrote "a champion of transparency", not "the king of transparency" and I stand by my words given plenty of evidence... See the whole Twitter Files saga!
No strawman intended from me.

There is no inconsistency, the NDA limits what employees can leak to the public, it doesn't mean the company itself cannot release internal information to the public, that's the whole premise behind the concept of company PR.

As for Elon Musk decides everything, well duh, he paid tens of billions for it, of course he gets to decide everything. Musk haters cheered repeatedly for the court to force him to pay billions for twitter, now you guys find it hard to swallow that he gets to decide everything inside the company he paid billions for? Tough.
If you were paying attention from April through October, “Musk haters,” as you style them, were apoplectic at the prospect of him buying TWTR. Much of what they feared has already come to pass. They were absolutely NOT cheering for the Delaware Court of Chancery to force him to adhere to his contractual obligation.

I, on the other had, thought that this deal made zero sense but was eminently in the interests of TWTR shareholders and therefore would be pursued by its board. When Hindenburg, a hedge fund that prolifically shorts stocks, reported its opinion that the deal was bulletproof and further announced that it had bought shares in the mid-30s I did so too. It proved to be my most successful trade this year.

I wasn't cheering for or against Musk. I was cheering for adherence to contract law and for the balance of my brokerage account.

I thought at the time that not only did the purchase make no financial sense for Musk and his co-investors and his bankers (thus far I've been proven 100% correct based on the garbage level Twitter debt is selling for) but also that there was no real strategy proposed by Musk, merely bumper strip sentiments about bots and free speech..

Musk is no more an object of love or hate to me than he was pre-Twitter. I admired him for Tesla and still do. I've made a lot of money from it over the years but for now I won't touch the shares given the spillover of the toxic way he's managing his new toy.

There is no inconsistency, the NDA limits what employees can leak to the public, it doesn't mean the company itself cannot release internal information to the public, that's the whole premise behind the concept of company PR.

As for Elon Musk decides everything, well duh, he paid tens of billions for it, of course he gets to decide everything. Musk haters cheered repeatedly for the court to force him to pay billions for twitter, now you guys find it hard to swallow that he gets to decide everything inside the company he paid billions for? Tough.

I think we'll just see what happens in all those employee lawsuits.

I agree with you that Elon can decide whatever he wants, but advertisers can cut out too if they don't like what he decides. Like if you get bad service at a business, you can take your $$ elsewhere.

I assume employees won't be pushing lawsuits, NDAs issues nor spouting their mouths off if they actually got what was promised to them vs. (from what I've seen), Twitter not holding up to the terms they were laid off on. Are we seeing any other cases of these NDA/lawsuits/layoff problems from any other tech firm? There's been a lot of layoffs. I also read about Twitter not paying their other bills to suppliers/property stuff/cleaning staff, etc, but I'll not state that as truth since I didn't redo research on that.

In the end, we'll just see. Elon does look like someone else to me in the sense that he'll disagree with everything until real lawsuits proceed (Solar roofs price raises, Elon backed down after being sued and will lose that case), Twitter purchase back off after signing away all his rights (Elon was sued again and in court so had to buy it because he signed papers he'll buy it without contingencies), etc...

I don't find it hard to swallow at all and he can decide to do whatever he wants. I just find him and a lot of folks hypocritical when the folks supporting him are biased too (like the Tesla charging standard, now he wants to open it up because another standard is around without folks having to pay Tesla an unsustainable amount of $$ early on).

On his purchase of Twitter again, he pretty much signed off all his rights to buy it so he should've and was forced to buy it. If it was your company or something affecting you, I think you'll have a different stance.

Last edited:
I'm not saying that's illegal, I'm saying that's inconsistent with his own motto.
Musk long ago entered the political/moral/ethical realm with his own "free speech absolutism".
You can't really be a champion of free speech and transparency, so much you actively leak internal communication, and then punish/sue people who do the exact same thing.
First of all, the two examples you’ve used for comparison are not even remotely the same. This has been explained to you.

Additionally, we are all walking contradictions. You, me, your next door neighbor. Everyone moves through life on a teeter totter going back and forth between the ends depending on the particular topic, situation, belief, philosophy, experience at hand et al.

Some people move wildly back and forth, others less so, and then a few who work real hard at it find a relatively stable position in life staying mostly centered and balanced. The last is your Tibetan monk or yogi master.

I’ve stated many times that people suck, that mankind deserves what it’s getting, and many other essentially anti-human things. To my core I am not for humans and this thread only adds to my position. And yet, even I can be found helping a fellow human on occasion, feeling empathy for one, or *gasp* outright supporting one who’s being unfairly characterized.

If you could be entirely honest and truthful with yourself for a moment and scrutinize yourself half as hard as you’re scrutinizing someone else, you would find the walking contradiction that is you.

I can’t really ignore his insanity anymore. His latest tweet:

“My pronouns are Prosecute/Fauci”

I’m on the verge of blocking him because it’s making me not want to own a Tesla anymore.

Anyone else feeling this?
combined, my spouse and I worked over 50 years at NIH.

We have the utmost respect for the knowledge and expertise of Dr Anthony Fauci

I am _extremely_ unhappy with Elon and wish the board would have a "come to jesus or whatever preferred deity discussion" about his very deleterious effects he has been having since he was forced to buy twitter and seems to have decided to burn it to the ground, along with his reputation and spillover

I’m on the verge of blocking him because it’s making me not want to own a Tesla anymore.

Then this site will probably irritate you as well since folks talk about him a lot. Personally, I don't think he is "insane", but sure is different from me and a lot smarter than me.

EDIT: I clicked accidentally. Was going to add that I don't choose to buy or not buy a Tesla by anything Elon says or does. I look at the company as a whole.

Last edited:

It doesn't make me not want to own a Tesla, but I really think the board should remove him at this point. There isn't a better EV to buy unfortunately.

Twitter's definition of shadow banning (I gather that this was one established definition, Craigslist did it).

"People are asking us if we shadow ban. We do not. But let’s start with, “what is shadow banning?”
The best definition we found is this: deliberately making someone’s content undiscoverable to everyone except the person who posted it, unbeknownst to the original poster."

Yes, you can. Life is not black and white, it’s many shades of grey. Company IP is not up for transparency debate. We all know why it often needs to stay secret. Undercover police, military operations like tracking down terrorists or fighting a war against Russia et al, not up for transparency debate. I can go on if you need me too.

Let me give you another example of a moral stand that isn’t black and white; someone who strongly believes in honesty and not lying (*raises hand and whips it around madly*) will in fact lie at some point in their life because they’ll be faced with a situation where the truth is, for example, unnecessarily hurtful or the truth just doesn’t matter while the person is on their deathbed taking their last breath. (*still whipping hand around*)

Yes, you can. Life is not black and white, it’s many shades of grey. Company IP is not up for transparency debate. We all know why it often needs to stay secret. Undercover police, military operations like tracking down terrorists or fighting a war against Russia et al, not up for transparency debate. I can go on if you need me too.
Also, he literally owns a criminal enterprise. A no snitching policy is essential.

By the sodium content of the thread, I see we’ve progressed to the anger stage of grief.

I get enough of this with toddlers so let’s get on with the bargaining already.
Elon has moved on to prosecuting Fauci … centrist position indeed. Not fringe MAGA at all.

Meanwhile. - he can’t say a single bad word about chinas Covid policy. Odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.