Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, morally inconsistent.
Elon bought the legal right to do release private internal communication from years ago, but,
as he's doing, in many cases, with any regard of privacy, and at the same time threatening to sue current employees for talking to the press, he has not earned any moral right to do so.
You can't be a champion of transparency and not be transparent, sorry.
If that's your standard for "champion of transparency", then nobody fits the bill. Everybody has something to hide, even reporters who champion for transparency would hide the identity of their sources.

Twitter releasing private internal communication regarding their past behavior towards their users and Twitter protects their current internal communication regarding sensitive company information are entirely consistent legally and morally, no different from my reporter example above.

Elon has moved on to prosecuting Fauci … centrist position indeed. Not fringe MAGA at all.

Meanwhile. - he can’t say a single bad word about chinas Covid policy. Odd.
That's not odd at all, that's why we call US a democracy and China a dictatorship. If you want Elon Musk to be threatened enough to shut up about US covid policy too, you're advocating US to become a dictatorship like China.

First of all, the two examples you’ve used for comparison are not even remotely the same. This has been explained to you.
I agree they are different, but not as much to say that is not possible to assert that
this sentence:
A. "I want to have total control of a company and only I can say what goes to the press"
is, at least morally, inconsistent with the statement
B. "sunlight is the best disinfectant".
Elon is exposing private communication of past employees, doxxing Twitter people from exec to interns to millions of viewers.
I have every right to think - and to say - that this is morally problematic.

Additionally, we are all walking contradictions. You, me, your next door neighbor. Everyone moves through life on a teeter totter going back and forth between the ends depending on the particular topic, situation, belief, philosophy, experience at hand et al.

Some people move wildly back and forth, others less so, and then a few who work real hard at it find a relatively stable position in life staying mostly centered and balanced. The last is your Tibetan monk or yogi master.

I’ve stated many times that people suck, that mankind deserves what it’s getting, and many other essentially anti-human things. To my core I am not for humans and this thread only adds to my position. And yet, even I can be found helping a fellow human on occasion, feeling empathy for one, or *gasp* outright supporting one who’s being unfairly characterized.

If you could be entirely honest and truthful with yourself for a moment and scrutinize yourself half as hard as you’re scrutinizing someone else, you would find the walking contradiction that is you.
We agree on this, we've always had agreed on this. I could find messages from years ago where you say a version of this message and I reply that I agree. I've know I was a walking contradiction since I was 13.

A pessimistic vision of humanity - which we share - does not mean, in my book, that I cannot express my view on the most influential man on the planet who is also CEO of a company that I'm a shareholder of.
I'm quite worried about Tesla if Elon continues with this behavior, and I care more about Tesla than Elon. As much as Tesla and we all are in debt with him.

That's not odd at all, that's why we call US a democracy and China a dictatorship. If you want Elon Musk to be threatened enough to shut up about US covid policy too, you're advocating US to become a dictatorship
We prosecute people here for actual crimes committed … not sure what crimes Fauci committed. Maybe Elon can elaborate but unlikely he will. He’s just trolling at this stage.

We prosecute people here for actual crimes committed … not sure what crimes Fauci committed. Maybe Elon can elaborate but unlikely he will. He’s just trolling at this stage.
Elon is not a prosecutor, him (jokingly) calling for Fauci to be prosecuted is just him exercising his right of free speech, nothing more, whether Fauci will be prosecuted is not up to him. And I actually agree he's semi trolling here, and I think the elaboration will be in future installment of Twitter Files, what he's doing is just to drum up interest in future reveals.

Agreed. I find it interesting there wasn't much push back when Twitter censored one political group, and colluded to hid information to help the other group. Once things are reversed is when everyone freaks out? Seems like a double standard. Recent information of Twitter censoring certain politicians while hiding information to help another politician should be troubling to everyone. I hate how everything has become politicized. Politics is a dirty business which has infected everything.
Not even reversed but when you’re allowed to trample and stampede and all of a sudden have to watch your step like everyone else that can seem “unfair”

Time to wake up! Life is anything but fair!

Reactions: Rally
Elon is not a prosecutor, him (jokingly) calling for Fauci to be prosecuted is just him exercising his right of free speech, nothing more, whether Fauci will be prosecuted is not up to him. And I actually agree he's semi trolling here, and I think the elaboration will be in future installment of Twitter Files, what he's doing is just to drum up interest in future reveals.
Too bad nothing from the first 4 installments was an actual crime … so we will see.

Since the Twitter Files Part 1-23 were a complete dud he needs a way to continue the outrage without acknowledging any previous hype / mistakes / nonsense.

If this doesn’t catch there will be some other breathless announcement of victimhood.

This is a standard issue media tactic in some circles, and he does own a large media company now.

Status
Not open for further replies.