Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree they are different, but not as much to say that is not possible to assert that
this sentence:
A. "I want to have total control of a company and only I can say what goes to the press"
is, at least morally, inconsistent with the statement

I literally just explained to you about the human contradiction condition. Even a certain dictator has come to realize sometimes life happens in shades of gray.

Absolutely he wants to control the media narrative. Any rational human would want to if they’d been subjected to the kind of media lynching he has been subjected to for over a decade. I don’t blame him one bit. I want to muzzle the media and they don’t even know I exist.

It’s his company now. If he wants to rule it with an iron fist, that’s his right. Won’t be the first company owner to do it, won’t be the last. The consumer still has a choice to use or not use the company’s product.

For a bunch of people here who think Twitter is garbage, they sure spend a lot of time there. Curious behavior.

B. "sunlight is the best disinfectant".
Elon is exposing private communication of past employees, doxxing Twitter people from exec to interns to millions of viewers.
I have every right to think - and to say - that this is morally problematic.
Sunlight is a good disinfectant; that doesn’t mean we stand in it 24/7 or without sunscreen.

You’re holding him to a standard nobody holds their own selves to. You have zero wiggle room. Zero tolerance for gray areas in life when it comes to him. But I bet you do for yourself.
A pessimistic vision of humanity - which we share - does not mean, in my book, that I cannot express my view on the most influential man on the planet who is also CEO of a company that I'm a shareholder of.
Of course. And I have no issue with anyone expressing a view - as I’ve said. My issue is the view being expressed as fact rather than the judgmental opinion that it is, the view being repeated for 200 pages (heard you (general) the first 82 times), the view being expressed in a manner to which the person is complaining about the other person, the view being expressed as an attack, the view being expressed like it’s THE view that everyone should have etc…
I'm quite worried about Tesla if Elon continues with this behavior, and I care more about Tesla than Elon. As much as Tesla and we all are in debt with him.
I guess you have a choice to make then.

The problem is when you only give The Files to a few journalists what you get is MSM articles about their journalism. Like this:
Can’t weaponize what was already weaponized. Just redirect it.

I don’t think you can bring back Twitter from the hyper-political space it’s become but you can make sure the worst agitators on the platform from both sides only reach the fringes.

The difference is the de-amplification going forward should be transparent and offer a path toward general audiences by behavior modification opportunities.

Depends on perspective. I guess if a company (e.g. Twiiter) feels that a politician is inciting violence or is racist, they can be "shadow banned" and taken out of the of "public square", that's ok for a lot of people.

It would be interesting if Elon became super MAGA and started to censor Biden and a lot of liberals. I guess people would be ok with that too.. After all, as the twitter files have noted, this was done in the past; why not continue it? Also, what happens if the republicans take over the government and started to work with twitter and other big tech companies to censor liberals because they "felt" liberals were racist against white people, liberals were causing great harm because of their "diversion and inclusion" agenda, causing great economic harm because of their "global warming" agenda... etc..

People have different perspective on things. The Twitter files have only shown that there was a precedent for censoring ideas. The Twitter files are a "complete dud" if you agree with the statement that censorship is fine and that people are allowed to do it if "they have the moral high ground". I'm sure people like Desantis, Abbot, Youngkin, etc.. are all taking note.
There will just be new social media platforms that suit the moderation preferences of liberals.
The government working to censor speech would be a problem. Luckily there is no evidence of that (yet).

"Since the company’s inception in 2003, Tesla’s mission has been to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy."​

How does Elon's recent behavior and him buying Twitter accelerate the transition to sustainable energy? It doesn't.

In my opinion, it's having the exact opposite effect.

His deep dive into red pill Qanon mania is destroying the brand. People I know who were interested in buying a Tesla don't want to anymore.

How does this help the mission?

I've been a Tesla stockholder since 2013. I support Tesla. I don't support this behavior and I'm tired of defending the brand when I should be promoting EVs. This behavior is going to seriously setback their progress. How are we going to covert to sustainable energy when half the country potentially doesn't want to do anything with the Tesla brand? It's extremely sad and needs to change if Tesla is going to change the world.

At the very least a vote will maybe knock some sense into him that this behavior needs to stop and he needs to rebuild people's trust in him. However, I don't see this happening anytime soon sadly.

Last edited:
Can someone please elaborate what the prosecute Fauci tweet is about?

What is EM referring to? On what basis would he put this tweet out?

You are a reasonable poster on this site. Based on this question you asked, I suspect that you don’t pay excessive attention to the details of American politics. Good for you. However, I think if you want to understand what is happening with Elon these days, you’d probably need to get in the weeds of right wing culture these days.

Elons tweet both mocks gender identity (a frequent target in culture wars) and is an attack on Fauci, who is viewed negatively by most right wingers for his actions in trying to mitigate COVID’s impact on Americans.

This is also in line with the attacks on Yoel Roth and other former twitter employees as some how being child abuse apologists. It is part of the maga-right that spawned pizzagate and groomer accusations.

The people he interacts with on Twitter aren’t Mitch McConnell-types. It’s the Dinesh D’Souza’s, Mike Cernovich’s, etc.

What Elon has aligned himself with isn’t your father’s Republican Party.

I think Elon has been smoking too much weed.

It makes it hard to justify owning a Tesla (my first and only one so far) when the CEO spouts off about stuff that, prior to social media, would have simply remained inside one's brain. My wife initially was neutral to slightly positive on my purchase of the 3. She would on rare occasion actually want to drive my car. I think now with all of Elon's antics being reported in the MSM and his own messages as Chief Twit, she is decidedly anti-Musk and negative on Tesla as a whole. She has great disdain for Musk, Zuck, Bezos, and all of the other über-rich CEOs that are seemingly in the news every single day (and not always in a very positive light).

When I bought my car back in 2018 I thought that it might be my last new car (I'm 66 now). If Elon continues on his downward slide, it will definitely be my last Tesla. In 10-15 years, there will be EVs from the "old school" ICE manufacturers that will have the same range, if not more, as my 3 and hopefully better fast charging infrastructure like the Supercharger network to allow for effortless long distance travel.

I hope that Elon doesn't drag down Tesla as a viable company. I'd really hate to see it go the way of Tucker Automobile Company.

I literally just explained to you about the human contradiction condition. Even a certain dictator has come to realize sometimes life happens in shades of gray.
I deeply believe in shades of gray.
Absolutely he wants to control the media narrative. Any rational human would want to if they’d been subjected to the kind of media lynching he has been subjected to for over a decade. I don’t blame him one bit. I want to muzzle the media and they don’t even know I exist.

It’s his company now. If he wants to rule it with an iron fist, that’s his right. Won’t be the first company owner to do it, won’t be the last. The consumer still has a choice to use or not use the company’s product.
Controlling the media narrative is not really "freedom of speech absolutism". I'm not an absolutist, so you and I agree. Elon said, many times, he's an absolutist. First big inconsistency.
For a bunch of people here who think Twitter is garbage, they sure spend a lot of time there. Curious behavior.
Never said that.
Sunlight is a good disinfectant; that doesn’t mean we stand in it 24/7 or without sunscreen.

You’re holding him to a standard nobody holds their own selves to. You have zero wiggle room. Zero tolerance for gray areas in life when it comes to him. But I bet you do for yourself.
No, you misunderstand. It's not me, again, who is the absolutist. I don't speak about "truth", "free speech", "transparency", "sunlight" all the time to 110 million followers as the richest and most influential man in the world from a platform I own. Elon does. I merely notice, on a forum of people who have followed him for years, he's the one being inconsistent.

"With great power comes great responsibility": Elon's words weight waaay more than mine.

Tesla has certainly lost it's luster for me. I no longer see it as the cool, trendy company trying to do right in this world and I have trouble enthusiastically supporting it still. WIth that being said, I fully support the transition to EVs and tesla is by far the best EV company, at least as of now, so I will continue to own my teslas and will buy them again if tesla continues to be the leader in this field when it comes time to buy our next cars. HOWEVER, I've completely lost all interest in twitter and there are other alternatives so I have completely removed twitter from my phone/life and have encouraged everyone in my life to do the same. All of Elon's antics have been centered around twitter so that is where the message needs to be sent. Nothing like watching his $44 billion investment go down in flames to get the message across that his behavior is not ok.

Because Fauci and Hillary developed the Jewish Space Lasers on Epstein’s island that are being used to control our minds thru Verizon’s 5G network. Duh.

I know it sounds crazy but it’s all detailed on Hunter Biden’s laptop. That’s why the Illuminati won’t let us see it.
You forgot the bit about the new world order and eating ze bugs but you get an a for effort.

Not a fan of Elon’s behavior, but I don’t think it will impact Tesla’s success (or failure).
Surveys suggest otherwise.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe he's still the best choice to lead and create the best technology which is why I fell in love with the company in the first place.

I love the things Tesla is doing! They're amazing.

But this is sad. This is not good for the brand or the mission.

It at least should come to a vote.

He did say at AI day 2 that it's good that Tesla is a public company because he can be voted out as CEO if he goes crazy. 🤔

Well he has said many times that he will quit Tesla, SpaceX, Boring, and even Twitter because he wants to have a greater influence on the world.

...and he has fully aligned himself with the Republican party:

View attachment 883623

...and urged Americans to "Vote Republican"

Could this all be the kickoff to his 2024 Presidential Campaign? All he has left to do is grab a few women by the crotch and Clarence Thomas will gladly update the constitution to appoint him as America's first foreign president!

View attachment 883624
Since he can never be president, maybe he will try to be the puppet master. Can't be VP, so no Cheney-level of puppetry, but maybe like Wolfowitz or Rumsfeld. If he were Sec of Defense, I could see him renaming all of our warships Boatie McBoat Face. He's got the sophisticated humor of pre-Brexit Britons or the 12-year-old boy in the back of the class.

It's really important for me to study the exact political views and affiliations of the CEO of the company of any product that I buy. The CEOs political thoughts are my number 1 factor I consider when buying something.
Study?!?! You don't have to study! It's being shoved in your face! The brand is being destroyed.

Surveys suggest otherwise.

The time has come:

It's really important for me to study the exact political views and affiliations of the CEO of the company of any product that I buy. The CEOs political thoughts are my number 1 factor I consider when buying something.
The difference with other CEOs is that they don't post all of their political beliefs/conspiracy theories on social media.

I don't even know the names of any other car manufacturer CEOs, and that's a good thing FOR THEM.

Status
Not open for further replies.