Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty good thread here

"The suspended journalists had not reported on Musk's real-time location!" - some of the accounts have been asked to remove tweets to be unbanned. Some accounts have removed the tweets, others have appealed. Some of the tweets seem to have been links to their own hosting of the information/jet tracking account, to the Jet account on twitter (which seems harsh, but might allow others to find it elsewhere if it has the same name - context is needed) and to other places where the account posted.

So one of the key arguments may be false, ie some suspended/banned accounts did tweet links to the information (which the FAA go to some lengths to hide by providing temporary IDs to some aircraft, changing monthly).

This seems a reasonable response by someone who is appealing the ban:-
My view? Over-zealous search for references to the jet-tracking account plus some who did act wrongly by linking to their own hosted version. Tweets which allowed others to find the information elsewhere were flagged - not sure if by design or not. Reasonable - maybe.

Many of the comments seem supportive of the bans.

I don't think this post of mine is biased in supporting my general pro-Elon view - it can be interpreted in several ways. I just thought I'd put it here for context.

1671316102544.png

Reactions: advocate8
"The suspended journalists had not reported on Musk's real-time location!" - some of the accounts have been asked to remove tweets to be unbanned. Some accounts have removed the tweets, others have appealed. Some of the tweets seem to have been links to their own hosting of the information/jet tracking account, to the Jet account on twitter (which seems harsh, but might allow others to find it elsewhere if it has the same name - context is needed) and to other places where the account posted.

So one of the key arguments may be false, ie some suspended/banned accounts did tweet links to the information (which the FAA go to some lengths to hide by providing temporary IDs to some aircraft, changing monthly).

This seems a reasonable response by someone who is appealing the ban:-
My view? Over-zealous search for references to the jet-tracking account plus some who did act wrongly by linking to their own hosted version. Tweets which allowed others to find the information elsewhere were flagged - not sure if by design or not. Reasonable - maybe.

Many of the comments seem supportive of the bans.

I don't think this post of mine is biased in supporting my general pro-Elon view - it can be interpreted in several ways. I just thought I'd put it here for context.

View attachment 886175

Yeah, umm. That’s how Twitter suspensions work.

Read about him. If you’ve got time.

Presumably you've heard of the All-In Podcast? Plenty to learn from that. It's top of many podcast charts (according to Jason Calacanis).

3 of the 4 are long-time friends of Elon.

2 D supporting (maybe 3? But I think David F might not care) and one "token R", Usually lots of friction between Jason (D ex-journalist) & David Sachs R (but not a fan of one or more previous presidents). Both Jason & David Sachs have been helping with Twitter (informally, as & when).

The fourth member is Chamath (D) - seems like his D financial gift cancelled out David Sachs' R gift. Point is, they're all mates despite differences & David Sachs 2 greatest moments seem to be

1) Beating Peter Thiel at chess (ultra competitive) back in Paypal days
2) Beating Magnus Carlson & partner at chess with his partner (recently)

Reactions: ElectricIAC
We are all free to make up our minds as to whether this conduct makes any sense. To me it doesn't. It's the whims of a billionaire crybaby, with a long history of misrepresentation, shifting in the wind. Addressing his personal vendettas.

If you think otherwise, c'est la vie. 🤷‍♂️

Different tweets were the reason for the ban, at least for Steve Herman (he said so himself).

I choose not to repeat what's said later under that post, but Steve Herman tweeted out 3 tweets that were flagged for breaking terms of service - two links to the same account's info on two other social media platforms and also some other way to see it on twitter.

So, the analogy here might be if a racist or otherwise unacceptable post is linked to on a tweet - is it also covered? I think it would be, and should be.

• Love
We are all free to make up our minds as to whether this conduct makes any sense. To me it doesn't. It's the whims of a billionaire crybaby, with a long history of misrepresentation, shifting in the wind. Addressing his personal vendettas.

If you think otherwise, c'est la vie. 🤷‍♂️

Flagged tweets aren't shown, so this collection of tweets were probably the tweets above/before the flagged tweets.

If Elon is on the plane he usually flies at this moment, I wonder if he was ordered to testify in Deutschland...

But . . . it's so ugly. I'm not joking when I say that, after a Model 3/Y, it's just . . . ugh.
Personally I am not a fan of the M3/MY minimalist interior. I like the way almost every other car looks on the inside compared to my M3. I bought this car because it drives well and the DC fast charging network on it uses the most easily is the best. But definitely not for the interior.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.